1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kennels for bitches??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kalenhcc, Apr 2, 2013.

1. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

I live in town but I have a big yard. I dont have a fence around my yard and there are plenty of stray dogs roaming around. I have my male on a chain spot which Im not worried about but my females I was wondering what your opinions were for kennels. Should I keep my females on chains until they go into heat and kennel them or just keep them in kennels all the time?

2. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

There is a kennel and dog house sticky on the top of the page. I'd prolly do something like Boogieman's setup with a fight guard if you worried about her getting stuck.

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I would chain them until they come in heat ,then kennel.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

yep i agree .I would do the same..

5. Joe Black

Joe Black Banned

Why not fence the yard in the first place and making it harder for stray's to get in ?.
    Me in that situation would keep al dogs in proper kennels, last thing you want to be know for is the 1 with the 'killer' dogs in his yard when accidents happends with stray dogs.

6. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

Exactly my thought I don't want some dog to wonder into my yard and my dogs get blamed or taken from me for what happens.

7. jkpitts

jkpitts Pup

Are you at home always?and do u know when your bitch comes in heat?be safe then sorry..when gone put your bitch up.when home put your bitch on chain.build u a bitch hut.

8. Build a cage off of the ground so when they come into heat you can put them up in it.... check them often for swelling and dripping (blood)... as far as having to spend money for a fence.... a box of shells are cheaper

9. PIMP

PIMP Pup

fence.....

10. Joe Black

Joe Black Banned

Typical american macho behaviour, instead of beeing the ass in the neighbourhood who does things like that you're better of preventing shit like that too happen in the first place.
    He doesn't live in the country where you can do stuff like that without causing any problem, he lives in a neighbourhood and i don't think the majorty of those folks can understand that a person shoots stray's in his back yard.
    Even i can understand that but if i live next door from you and you start shooting of dogs while i have kids roaming around we will have a problem.
    You never know where a bullit can land if you miss or something like that.
    Guns are not the problem it's the person who handles them

11. Joe Black

Joe Black Banned

You're indeed better of in preventing things, than too be having to solves those problems my friend.
    If you don't have the time or money to build a fence around your yard, just put them in kennels.
    Think your neighbours would be thankfull of that and can see that you're serious about your dogs and the safety around them.