1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kottonmouth

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Dr. Lector, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Dr. Lector

Dr. Lector Big Dog

KOTTONMOUTH

I bought KOTTONMOUTH from G. Talley in Tennessee. Mr. Talley knew that I was trying to get all the K. Locke dogs I could get my hands on, so when he called and told me what he had for sale, I was in my truck right away and headed for Tennessee. It was about a 7-hour drive, but it felt like 1 hour because I was so excited about what I was getting. I told Public Enemy and Boot Camp Joey, and they said that they were in for the trip, and J-Bo sent me his money to purchase him a pup also, since Mr. Talley told me he had 4 for sale. I called my friend Roosevelt in Alabama and told him he better rush and get one, because I felt this was a special litter.

When we arrived at Talley Town Kennels, we were met by Mr. Talley's usually jolly self. He walked us through the yard and showed us how well his dogs were doing. Dogs were beautiful and healthy, and I wished I could take them all. The pups we came to get were about 6 months old, and I picked KOTTONMOUTH right away. Mr. Talley told us that one female, WHITEHEAD, had already started, and he bumped her really quickly to let us see. My friend Public Enemy chose the unstarted female, and Mr. Talley looked confused that he picked the unstarted bitch instead of the started bitch. I called J-Bo and told him that there was a male and female left. He said buy the female! Roosevelt later came and bought the last male.

After picking our pups and talking dogs, we loaded up and headed back to N.O. I stopped in Baton Rouge to give J-Bo his pup. And then we all put the dogs up and went home. I put KOTTONMOUTH inside and was too excited to sleep. I played with that puppy all night, and he slept with me. I didn't even go to cut hair the next day, instead, I took him for a long walk and then got a new chain, collar, and food bowl.

He grew beautifully, and at 16 months old, I tried to see if he had any interest in rolling. I called my boy Kip, and he said he'd bring his roll dog over. I got beer and put the grill on. I called my cousin Jerome and told him to come over and see KOTTONMOUTH roll. When everyone arrived, we went out back and faced him up. He pulled hard when he saw the roll dog! I cut him loose, and he shot over to the roll dog. As soon as he got bit, KOTTONMOUTH balled up and hollered, pissed, and tucked his tail. My mouth just dropped. I was so upset that I put the food on paper plates and served everything to go!

I went back outside and looked KOTTONMOUTH over, but he had no marks on him. I just decided he would take a while to come around, but I would definitely wait and roll him in private next time. My cousin came and could tell that I was upset. He asked me to let him buy the dog, and he'd get him to start. I laugh at the thought, but later told him he could have the pup for free. He took KOTTONMOUTH to his yard, which was one block behind mine. He walked him 5 miles every day, and taught him to run the treadmill.

To make matters worse, I called J-Bo and he told me he had an ace in WHITEHEAD. He had looked at her and even though she was young, he was going to hook her. She'd be 18 months old when her show came around, and even though I argued against it, she won! She traveled 4 hours and pulled the show off and so impressed the late Mr. Leslie Howze that he called me to say she'd be hard to whip.

One day I was at the barbershop, and Jerome came to tell me that KOTTONMOUTH got loose and had attacked a stray. I asked where he was, and he told me, "I couldn't get him off the dog, so I left them and came and got you!" We shot over to the River road, and after a few minutes we found him in the bushes shaking the big mongrel. I got them separated, and I took him to my house to clean him up. My cousin said. " I guess you'll be wanting him back?" I told him that the dog was his, but I only wanted to see him against a bulldog. He was 20 months old, and his brother was a 1XW, WHITEHEAD was now a 2XW, and Public Enemy's SAVANNAH had started. Would you believe that when I put a bulldog on him he balled up, hollered, and tucked his tail?

I was about to stop them, but my cousin said, "Don't stop him! He just needs to understand what it's about!" He got on his knees and pet him a couple of times then said, "It's okay boy! Now get up and shake him for daddy!" I almost fell out. The pup did just that, and went to work. I put them up and he had a totally different look in his eyes after that.

I waited a couple of days and pulled out a bar-b-que grill, and re-invited everyone to roll a few dogs. My cousin told me that he was only going to roll KOTTONMOUTH this once, and he didn't care how many dogs it took, he'd either show dead game or cur out. I don't know to this day why he decided on that but he did just that. He rolled him on my 4XW WILLIE, and then he rolled him on Kip's PAC MAN, a rough Boudreaux dog that wrecked his ass end.

At 1:45, KOTTONMOUTH was weak and wobbly, but scratching like a missile. I finally told my cousin that was enough. The dog was extremely bad off, and only lived because we had an excellent vet. He showed what a game dog he was that day!

Once this dog got started, he had a lust for action that I have never seen in any dog that I've ever owned. He doesn't care if he's sick, fat, tired, or full of food... He enjoys a good tussle. He has never turned, or hesitated on the scratch line. I've pushed weight with him, and stopped females with him also. I once rolled him against a littermate to Cardenas' BRUJO, and he totally outclassed the ELI dog. In the words of my friend, Public Enemy, "I rolled the hide off the dog!" He took it all in and screamed for more!

Without me really knowing it, KOTTONMOUTH's popularity grew, and in our area. He became highly sought after as a stud. He was bred to Trosclair's I.B. (a cold double-bred Duprel's CH.PETIE bitch) and produced B.J.'s ROCKY (2XW), Trey Ace's BOUT IT (2XW), and Walley's CAPONE (2XW). Trey Ace's BOUT IT is well known for an amazing come from behind win to defeat Mardi Gras Kennel's MACKAVELLI in 2:58. His littermate, CAPONE, went two hours twice to finish the Tn. Bad Boy's SAIGON, as well as Black River Kennel's CUTTER.

I then bred KOTTONMOUTH to my one-eyed bitch, and got Lil Ant's SINBAD (1XW), BUNNY (1XW), Gate's ROCKETMAN (3XW 1XL), and Dirty South's EARL CAMBELL 3XW (who finished Rush and Crush's REDMAN in: 51). In this litter was also the dead-game CHICAGO, as well as the Rouge Boy's REDMAN (sire to Mardi Gras' Kennel's GEORGE).

When I bred KOTTONMOUTH TO Boot Camp Click's NINA (M.A.D's GR.CH.GABE X B.C.C.'s LEXUS), we got Trap Jaw Kennel's and B. C. C.'s CH. FIRE 4XW, B. C. C.'s ANACONDA 2XW, and a couple other good dogs. CH. FIRE has to be one of his most talented offspring, because she defeated 4 2XWinners from 4 different States.

He produce well when bred to TNT Kennel's TINA, and if my memory serves correctly, TNT lost with a male out of this breeding against Alamo Lane Kennels. Ain't No Way Kennel's has a bitch going for her second, at the time I wrote this.

Once we realized that so many of his offspring were coming out so good, we no loner bred him outside the yard. He sired all these winners in an 18 months span, so all at once the winning began. It even seems that he's not slacking up at all, because even the litter since then has shown us some pups with great potential. I honestly feel like we've found the "Goose that lays the Golden Eggs", and hope the eggs continue to drop!

I got a visit from a friend one day who was new to the dogs, and he wanted to inquire about breeding to our stud, KOTTONMOUTH. He had a beautiful bitch dog with him, and he had never rolled the bitch. I told him no, because we were only breeding this dog to our females, and the people that saw him go could tell you why! He was adamant about it, and after a talk with Public Enemy, of the Boot Camp Click, I quickly changed my mind.

The bitch had been purchased from M.A.D's. LEXUS had a couple littermates that showed to be deep game, and really high caliber dogs, but she was cold. Public Enemy told me that he was sure that it would click, so I agreed for three pups.

The bitch NINA had the pups, and if my memory serves me correctly, she had nine pups. I chose a black and white-pied male, a brindle male with white blaze on his face, and a red brindle bitch. All three picks ended up being aces!

My best partner J-Bo was on a winning streak in the S. La. Area, and he was using mostly the dogs that I sold him, or gave him. He instantly called when he heard, and when I asked what he was up to, he replied, I'm building a new puppy pen for that KOTTONMOUTH puppy you are going to give me! I had to laugh, but at that same evening he made the trip and got his pick!

I sold the brindle male to some local friends who wanted to raise a male to beat other locals, and one-day months later, they called to inform me that the dog would go "crazy" when they rolled him, and would scream to get back at the other dogs when it was over! On Super Sunday, I saw this and they were not exaggerating!

FIRE was given to the love of my life Kendra, and she named her because she had never seen a dog that color. She promised me that if she ever got rid of her, it would be back to me, and since we were together everyday...

FIRE matured to be a beautiful bitch with bat ears, but at 18 months old, she still hadn't started. Kendra asked me to come get her back and start her on her bulldog career. I tried her again and she was still not interested, and would occasionally scratch but for no real reason I kept her because I knew she would eventually come around.

A few months later, we were rolling dogs at River View Kennels and FIRE was in an air kennel. I was rolling my favorite bitch BUNNY, who was also off of KOTTONMOUTH, and FIRE got out and almost killed BUNNY! We put her in a new kennel and she was going bananas, and she ate out of it! She at last turned on!

That day, a fellow I went to high school with was with us, and he told me, "Rudy, if you give me this bitch, I'll give get rid of all my mutts at home!" I gave him the bitch and he held his words! With one bitch FIRE, Rackem' Up Kennels was born! He looked at her twice and told me to match her for him.

We hooked her into the Tn. Bad Boys CHI-CHI, and they brought one bad bitch! She broke FIRE' s left leg completely in the first :04 minutes, and FIRE came back from behind to win in 1:47. We were awarded Gamest of Show, and ironically, FIRE's brother won best in show in only: 18 minutes pushing 2 1/2Lbs.

We used her again against M.P.R. and the Greasy Corner Kid. They had a bitch with a big reputation, but FIRE (now owned by T.J.K.) blew her away in under: 30. FIRE was given the Best in Show Award, and we were honestly considering using here for our next show that same night!

Her third was against one of the baddest 34 Lb. bitches alive! R.C. and Slick Ray pulled out a monster and she almost finished us, but at 1:07, we finished them! It was a classic match and my hat goes off to them!

We hooked the now "CH. FIRE" into the Body Snatcher from the East Coast! He had a 2XW that the late Baltimore Ron campaigned. We became good friends before the show came around and he would tell me that there was no way I could win. I warned him that I had an Ace too! Many of the prominent dog men in the Country will tell you that both bitches proved to be world-class competitors that night! It is one of the show that I will never forget! At a little over an hour, the Body Snatcher shook my hand, and we were now looking at the Boot Camp Click and Trap Jaw Kennels "CH. FIRE" 4X win!

~ Lockdown

YIS

2. thall28

thall28 Big Dog

Awesome Read. Seems that Kotton mouth produces bulldogs

3. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Although I am facinated about the history behind the APBT and the SBT I still can't understand how people can put their dogs through such torture...I guess I never will.

4. preme

preme CH Dog

thats wat they do go get a poodle

5. preme

preme CH Dog

b_c_c_10.jpg
    bcc cotton mouth

6. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Its not torture its work and these are working dogs..

These dogs would be prey aggressive without human interaction. Humans only organize and make it fair. Then only breed the good ones.

7. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Whats fair about a dog getting half it's jaw ripped off or it's eye bitten out or its leg broken or its nuts ripped off. However you try to paint it it's still remains barbarick torture. Your just kidding yourself and letting your dogs down show as much loyalty to your dogs as they show you and stop forcing them to kill each other...

8. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

WOW,because he defends the breeds history your gonna accuse him of fighting his dogs?Doesn't sound like your "fascinated " with the breeds history like you claimed...Sounds more like your an undercover fur mommy,snapping at a person who was simply explaining the truth.

LMFAO at """forcing them to kill each other"" For a person that appreciates the breeds history you sure are ill-informed.Have you ever heard of cajun rules??There's no"forcing",they gotta go on their own free will.You really should study up before you open your mouth.

9. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Yeah these dogs aren't for all. You kind of have to like blood sports or at least respect the mindset of a combatant.
    These dogs want to hunt. They want action. Only a fool would force a dog to do something.

You know some of us are hard core extremists. I am an extremist in most of my hobbies as well as my beliefs.

One last point is that I love to see dogs work and do what they were bred to do. You give me a retrieving bird dog and I'll be working that dog.

10. shoes

shoes Big Dog

I've been trying to explain this to people by telling em how I used to box my cousin when we were teens. We were best friends. I love that guy! Did everything together. But we loved to beat each other up. Not cause we wanted to hurt each other, I certainly didn't want to cause him any pain. But we weren't real averse to the idea either. And we loved the competition. So we did it all the time, and we loved it.

A healthy game-dog shouldn't be aggressive in the sense that he wants to kill the other dog out of pure aggression. He just wants the competition. It's a sport to them like boxing was to me and my cousin. How can you not appreciate their pure love for the sport when you hear of a dog like Fire that chewed out of her kennel just to roll! No one forced her to do it and she wasn't concerned about getting a leg broken.

11. Icepick

Icepick Banned

If there is any proof a bulldog that was "forced to kill", please post proof. Its like saying you can "force" a greyhound to run at the race track, or a pointer to point, or a herding dog to herd. Trust me, if any of those examples I listed wish to stop, at any time, there are going to.

12. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

Without the sport, and it is a sport, the american pitbull terrier would of never been created. Furthermore, the american pitbull terrier isn't the only dog to be fought, nor were most dogs that were fought forced. Without the sport of bull baiting, bear baiting, lion baiting, boar baiting, and dog baiting, the american pitbull terrier would've never existed and that would be a shame because the apbt is one of the most versatile working breeds and most stable companion breeds around. Back then, dogs of various sizes were fought and they ranged from small terriers to giant mastiffs. I'd say the only thing bad about the apbt's history is that many other fighting breeds became extinct because of the apbt's ancestor's prowess as a fighter causing the other breeds to become obsolete, such as the original boston bulldog, aka the "melon heads" and, according to one article I've read, the cordoba fighting dog and dogo cubano. Other dogs, such as the dogue de bourdeaux found use as a guard dog.

13. preme

preme CH Dog

dont waste your time with that troll!

14. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Hey first of all I have a god given right to air my veiws and opinions, haven't you lot heard of freedom of speace??
    For any one to compare dog fighting to other sports such as boxing is a complete joke, you wern't biting chunks out of your cousin were you shoes?
    I have been a figher all my life from boxing Wada Ruy Karate to full contact taekwondo and would never say that was the same. What I am saying is these dogs aren't born wanting to fight they are trained and cohersed into doing so from a young age and because they are animals they take to it. These dogs were created by man to satisfy mans blood lust. Don't try to make this so called sport sound better than it is, at least be honest about what it is, you do it for yourselves and money and not for the dogs well being.
    Peace....

15. preme

preme CH Dog

again ^^^^^

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

herodog1 seems u never owned this breed..they are born wanting to fight its in the genes..thier is no certain age that they will start but its there..and u cant train it out of them..not that simple.and they r good at it ..i dont break any laws ,but i understand what this breed loves to do..they love to fight as much as u love to fuck..if u do fuck.

17. Icepick

Icepick Banned

EXACTLY! herdog1, since you have claimed to have boxed, did anyone make you get off the stool to answer the bell? Maybe your trainer coaxed you to continue once, or twice, but dogs dont arent capable of rationale. If it was as simple as "training" a dog to fight, then there would have been more breeds involved when it was legal. Decades of selective breeding is what made the APBT the great warrior that it was.

18. BBT

BBT Big Dog

He probably believes the shit about kittens and gunpowder etc. reads an article about ghetto crackheads throwing two dogs in a car and now every game dog man is into trunk fighting.

19. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Hey guy's,

You are right, I have never had the pleasure of owning an apbt and believe me I would love to own one but they are illegal in my country. I'm just saying I don't agree with what some not all people do with them that's all. Not sure about kittens & gunpowder but if you said it it must happen?
    I am not saying all pit bull owners are the same and I applogise if it sounded that way.

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Part of the reason this breed is in trouble herodog1 is because of stupid owners..But if you ever get the chance to own one of these dogs you will understand.Its in there genes..so eventually they will fight no matter how much you hate it and no matter how much love you give them sooner or later it will happen..Thats why a site like Game Dog is is good because it teaches responsible ownership for those willing to put the time in and learn..But u have to study the past history of this breed bfore you can understand.