1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Lacy Dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by yessir, Aug 20, 2010.

1. yessir

yessir Pup

Anyone ever ran across a lacy/pit?

2. Super Sport

Super Sport Big Dog

See people use them for hog dogs all the time. Lacy is the state dog of Texas.

3. yessir

yessir Pup

Yeah I know that. Just wondering if anyone seen one crossed with an american pitbull terrier. You can say they are game dogs also and some of the Texans call them game dogs.

4. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

some people believe the lacy dogs are a ingredient in the blue dogs.

5. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

I believe it, they arent game, lab like, bay their ass of though, good hunters, hit or miss, I know a friend who has a bad one he wants to get rid of because it wont hunt,i seen them hunt well and have seen them win bay contests

6. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Texas Blue Lacy is and cattle dog and a blood tracker . they are great at baying hogs to .

7. Super Sport

Super Sport Big Dog

What I was saying is I have seen them crossed with pits for hog dogs. They are game dogs in the sense they hunt game, that's all.

8. simms

simms CH Dog

texas blue lacey is one of my favorite breeds! Smart!

9. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

The bluedogs are always a point of contention. Some say they are the result of the alapaha blue blood bulldog, others say lacy, others say blue paul terrier, and others say they were there from the beginning. Personally, I could buy the lacies being the cause of the blue gene in the gamedog.

10. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

well some blue dogs are mistaken for grey, old lightner dogs are greyish, Stratton has said his color of preference is gunmetal grey,also mistaken for a blu dog.

11. MJJean

MJJean Pup

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Lacy dog? I'm from the north. It took me til I was damn near 30 to realize that the AKC show dogs weren't the only dogs out there,lol.

12. simms

simms CH Dog

http://lacydog.com/

This is a great site, good source of information. The lacy is not exclusively blue. i beleive there is a hunting section on this site good action photos and some bio's.

13. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

grey and blue are the same they are both diluted black

14. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

woop[s i meant grey are mistaken for blu....thnx for the opinion too