1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

lar-san

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by jason r, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simms

simms CH Dog

Baha, you know I'm a fan of loki....LOL All joking aside though, I didnt say anything about your new little dog dirrectly. Your right your the one feeding them so who cares.....besides you have enough sense that you wont be throwing 2 dogs together for the sake of it....least that's my oppinion of you.

My comments made on the subject of breeding show to go is made with experience. It's not for me and I dont recomend it......besides anything that one wants to achieve by incorperating a dog bred to standard to a dog bred away from standard is not bettering the breed. it's a temp fix to a weak link, in a substandard breeding program.

Being able to show in other venues is not a good enough reason to do this...IMHO.

There is way more to this subject than what is being discussed.

Baha, on a prsonal leval I would most likely like your animals. However my oppinions do differ from yours and vise versa and that's ok.

2. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

You'll get a big WTF ever from me. I will stick to my beliefs and I dont expect anyone to do differently. I dont breed for peds. My comment was directed at breeding game lines that have been bled, sweated and cried over for years to create to anything that doesnt hold to the same standard. Breed what the f*ck you want...You're going to do it anyway. It doesnt matter if its tainting pure game blood for the sake of a f*cking ribbon or a pocket full of money right? BRILLIANT! :rolleyes:

3. simms

simms CH Dog

Dont get to upset over it....LOL One just need to becareful where you let your stock go and whom you do biz with. Besides if they dont have the same goal in mind why would you mess with them anyways.....

4. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Very true Simms. Its just knowing that its happening still gets under my skin. Im done with this thread. No matter how bad you have to pee, its still not gonna make it up a rope.

5. simms

simms CH Dog

Right on....LOL

6. jason r

jason r Big Dog

i should have known this is how the thread was going to go.my question now is,are some of you saying that showing(lets say the lar-san line)is not giving an apbt a good name?i know some of you are going to say its not the perfect example for an apbt.should we show apbt?

7. jason r

jason r Big Dog

by the way baha,nice looking female.

8. dannyboy

dannyboy Big Dog

Show AMstaffs, but dont waiste your time, breeding good game blood thats been very difficult to get right over many years, to something that LOOKS good.

JMO..Dan.

9. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

No, showing dogs certainly does not have a harmful effect on the breed. It's a fun, competitive past time for many dogs and their owners.

The problems arise when the show ring takes over other aspects of the breed. A well-built dog is something to admire, and should definitely be considered in a breeding program. But unless the dog has proven it's merit outside of the ring, I don't believe it should be bred.

10. simms

simms CH Dog

I show adba. The standard of the APBT is the gamedog. There should be no difference between show and go, should be one in the same. So it boils down to personal prefference and one's Idea of what a perfected dog is.

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Gamebred, you can believe whatever you want, but expressing your beliefs in an explosion of "CRAP" does nothing positive. My dogs are not crap, and I will never get rich off them. In fact, a large portion of our money goes into them. I don't care if people disagree, but when they go around bagging on dogs they don't know and calling them "CRAP," that proves nothing. All it shows is how short your fuse is.

Simms, people are welcome to their own opinions, and I would never expect them to change their minds based on what I think. Its the derogatory manner in which they're expressed that I have a real problem with. We can't have this discussion like adults. Ever. Oh yeah, and thanks for the vote of confidence on my character. I'll try to live up to that. :)

12. Big_Ant

Big_Ant Pup

I agree completely. Here is my boy down from Lar-San Blood, he's 13 months, under 40lbs. He's not up there with some of the classic gamedogs, but I don't think he's just some show mutt either.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's going to be doing much more than showing, and showing is actually on the bottom of the list.

I'm actually considering showing him ADBA more than UKC as I think he would get a bit more respect in ADBA instead of the UKC with the overflow of fluffed up dogs that I've seen in the rings.

I have to agree with GSD though, showing should be last on the list of things 'to do' with your APBT. I have had to pass on quite a few shows recently because I have not been able to get him ready for it since we've had other things we were working on.

13. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

No, he's an AmStaff. Didn't ya read? ;)

14. Big_Ant

Big_Ant Pup

Dangit! Why didn't you tell me sooner.

I'm sending him back.

15. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Yeah, send Ruth some hate mail about selling you a cur. LOL Better yet, send him here. I'm a haven for "AmStaffs." :)

16. Looks mean nothing in the true APBT fanciers mind, and to breed your dog for conformation would only help to dig it further in the hole. our breed is about HEART... not looks, and good dogs are where you find 'em (regardless of size or looks).

Again,
    good dogs are where you find 'em, not just if you bred them to look like most of todays gamebred dogs.

JMO.....Performancedogs

17. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Honestly, while some aspects of the bulldog's conformation standard aren't necessary for the dog to preform well (Ear set, for example), overall it's based on physical attributes that will allow a dog to preform to it's best ability.

And no, one does not needs to have a conformation champion to have a well built dog. Like Ant, most serious owners have a different goal in mind for their dogs. But many here are saying that "looks" aren't included in a proper breeding program, but physical soundness should be- and the breed's written standard paints a pretty ideal picture.

JMO, of course. ;)

18. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

What is that?

19. I personally hate conformation for bulldogs. I see it getting us nowhere but to Amstaff status (with different builds ofcourse).

This is just my biased opinion & no harm or dissrespect meant to anybody.

Take care......Performancedogs

20. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I like game dogs and I say leave em game dogs.

Anyone who wants to chat about the issue feel free to PM me. YIS, DJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.