1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

lar-san

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by jason r, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Good post. I enjoy your post,,sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. And i appreciate all that you do for the breed. Heck, i would buy a dog from you anyday. Keep doing what you do, cause at the end of the day... your the one who has to live with it.

ABK, awesome post.

bahamutt99 likes this.
  2. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I thought I just said I keep my dogs out of the veiw of JQP? JQP doesnt see any of my dogs. I know people who show. Good for them. Im not trying to shit on anyone or their dogs. If you show, great. I can't even defend my position here without breaking the forum rules so we'll just have to agree to disagree. This is DJ, bowing out. Y I S.....

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lmao. Do you really think you keeping your dogs out of the eyes of JQP is going to help anything or even save your dogs? I'll tell you what, the answers are no & no. Ask all the owners who kept their dogs out of public view, but still had them snatched away & killed in Denver & Cincinatti by uneducated pit bull haters! :(

4. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Maybe everyones bulldogs dont sparkle and shine enough like the dog you've defended for years ("Ch" Blue Trouble).

Its in the best interest of the breed and the owners to keep dogs (bulldogs) in yards rather then romping through the mall like the gloss coated CHAMPION Blue trouble could.

or we could take our dogs and get them detailed and off to pet smart for proper "manners" training as the "experts" on this site will tell you.

Pulling on that leash is being a bad boy you know, we all need to do our best to break these dogs of any natural drive, choke collars and yanking their necks when they bark at other dogs and when they nearly tear your arm out of socket pulling on that leash as young dogs is showing that natural drive we dont want to see, so we must break them of it

if you want a beagle, go get one

go get em ABK and Bahamamutt

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2008
  5. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Anyone who has a problem with people showing dogs has issues. How is going to a dog show with your dogs causing any problems for anybody? I don't get it.

bahamutt99 likes this.
  6. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

No issues here. Their dogs are "Crap" and my dogs are "Useless" so whats the difference? Do what you do show people. At the end of the day, I take comfort in knowing I'm doing whats best for MY dogs.

I dont have an issue with show dogs at all. As a matter of fact, I cant wait to go to some shows. I have an issue with BREEDING GAME to NON-GAME. The fireworks started late in the thread when people got all sensitive and self rightious like the show dogs are going to be the savior to the APBT. Its a positive light to show dogs, true enough, but get over yourselves. You have a pretty APBT with pretty papers. Just because your dogs come from game stock doesnt make them game dogs AT ALL. To those who keep things tight and right and show as well, good for you. Im sure you know the difference between a pretty, in shape, well conformed dog and a hunting prospect. Why taint Game blood with show blood? You are then taking away from the integrity of what the breed is IMO. Thats no different than breeding for looks is it?

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

You said you're not a dogman or a game dog man, just a APBT fan. So where exactly do you get off telling others what they should or should not be doing? Why can't you self-righteous zealots just leave well enough alone? You and MinnowTreat seem to be the ones who cant "get over yourselves." I don't know who made you guys judge and jury.

8. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Just thought it might be appropriate for this discussion. "To each their own", ya know?

9. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Im not a dogman. I will be. I could come in here throwing weight around that I dont have YET but Im honest enough to say Im not a dogman YET. How in the hell am I self righteous? I never said my dogs were the kill all end all of bulldogs. I never said my dogs were doing "so much good" for the breed. I never said my dogs were the "Jesus Christs" of the APBT world. My dogs are just that, MY DOGS. I know a hell of alot more about this breed FOR WHAT IT IS than alot of people. Im learning more everyday. I know how to pick my battles and this one is just like pissing up a rope. Like I need to defend myself to you.:rolleyes: You're on one side of the tracks and Im on the other. THANK GOD FOR THAT! You can think whatever you want of me, I could care less. Just know that I keep it real, I keep it right and I keep it TO STANDARD.

10. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

She's a moderator on game-dog and speaks out against the game, go figure

and who labels themself a dogman or anything, let others refer to you as they see fit and i'm not speaking the internet rescue/adopta pit pet warriors labeling anything.

We all know what most people really are that call themselves Dogman, Old Timers ect

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Yeah, go figure. In order to be a moderator, I have to leave my brain and sense of individuality at the door, eh? Kinda goes hand-in-hand with the ideal that in order to breed good dogs, you have to be a criminal or a border-hopper. :rolleyes:

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Minor Threat: lmao @ the bringing up of BLU Trouble (If you're going to bring him up, at least spell his name right.) If you will check any threads I've posted on about Trouble, that while he is technically a 3xw, you will ALWAYS see I point out that there IS controversy around the dog.

As for his "clean" coat, that is nothing. From what I understand he never sustained much damage & proper aftercare could clean up any damage he did have. As a game dog fancier, you should know that!

And yes, pulling on the leash IS bad. It displays our breed in a bad light & is not healthy for either the dog or the owner. If you want your dog to pull, train them to pull on command in a harness dragging a sled. But to have a dog dragging you hither & yon on leash every time you go for a walk? Nope. Not at this house.

Furthermore, if you will do a search of the site NO ONE here advocates taking a dog to PetSmart for training. In fact, the exact opposite has been said. So please, if you're going to be snarky, get it right.

GameBredDJ: As for you doing what's right for your dogs, maybe you are. But you aren't doing what's right for the breed as a whole. That is unless you have dogs you can't control. If that is the case then yes, you are doing us all a favor by keeping them closed away.

I don't really care for breeding game x show either. Even if the show dog was a good one, the pups or grandpups off the resulting breeding are likely to be inconsistent. But for some folks it works & if it works for them, who are we to gripe? We don't have to feed them.

As for sensitive & self-rightous, well yeah! I think that came about when you called someone's dogs crap?? Like I said before, if you shyt on something someone loves, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll become sensitive & self rightous. You would too.

And don't laugh at show dogs being the saviour of the APBT. They might be! Why do you think the ADBA pushes shows & pulls so hard? B/c they - like others who care for this breed - want the APBT to be IN PUBLIC & in a POSITIVE LIGHT. Like I said before, those of you who hide them off from the public are doing nothing but making the public more suspicious of us & more fearful of our dogs. :(

And of course everyone here knows that just b/c a dog comes from game lines doesn't make it game. That is why I used the term game BRED.

Furthermore, there are many who keep things "tight & right" & most of the dogs they have that are "pretty, in shape, well conformed" ARE their hunting prospects! It doesn't have to be one or the other. You can have both in one dog!

As for "tainting" game blood w/ show blood, some folks just follow the old adage "good dogs are where you find them." BTW, here is a nasty little secret - a lot of go CH.s have show blood in their backgrounds. Ewwwww. :p

Oh well, I had fun but I GGFN!

13. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you think your dogs are on the same level as game dogs? Pshhhh, Right. And I'll get in the octagon with Chuck Liddell and beat his eyes shut at the same time monkeys are flying out of my ass and hell freezes over.

14. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

This one was really done before it even started, but since there is obviously no common ground even among APBT enthusiasts, and since this has degenerated into nothing but a gamedog vs. showdog squabble, I think this needs to be closed.

ETA: And my dogs are my dogs. That's all anyone needs to know. Whether or not they're the same caliber as a gamedog is a moot point, since they don't compete in the same "venue."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.