1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Latin Force Kennel's Gr.ch.barracuda-9x

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Caos, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Caos

Caos CH Dog

Latin Force Kennel’s Gr.ch.barracuda-9x

IT ALL STARTED WHEN NO NAME JAY WENT TO SOUTHERN KENNELS YARD AND SAW BARRACUDA AS AN 11 MONTH OLD PUP. VICTOR TOLD JAY THAT THE PUP HAD GOT INTO A KENNEL ACCIDENT AND STOPPED A 2X WINNER. JAY WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE WAY THE DOG LOOKED AND ACTED AND BOUGHT HIM ON THE SPOT.

SHORTY AFTER THEY BEGAN TO SHOW THE DOG OFF THE CHAIN AGAINST CONDITIONED DOGS. AFTER WINNING FOUR TIMES THE DOG JAY CALLED SOUTHERN KENNELS AND ASKED FOR THE PAPERS ON BARRACUDA. VIC HAD SAID IF THEY WANT THE PAPERS THEN THEY SHOULD START OVER AND MAKE HIM AND OFFICIAL REGISTERED CHAMPION. THIS IS WHERE THE CAREER OF THE DOG THAT CAME TO BE KNOWN AS THE “SOUTHERN LEGEND” BEGAN.

THE FIRST TIME THEY BROUGHT HIM OUT IT WAS OVER BEFORE IT STARTED . BARRACUDA CAME OUT AS IF HE WAS SHOT OUT OF A CANNON, AND THUG’S CHINAMAN HAD JUST BECOME THE SOUTHERN LEGENDS FIRST VICTIM. NOW EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT BARRACUDA AND SHORTLY AFTER HE WAS ON HIS WAY TO GEORGIA FOR NUMBER TWO.

IT WAS A FIVE DOG SHOW THAT FEATURED FOUR CHAMPIONS, ONE OF THEM BEING BARRACUDA’S HALF BROTHER CH600. FIRST TO GO WAS CUDA INTO CH.FATTY. FATTY, A SON OF GR CH YELLOW, HAD THE REPUTATION OF BEING AN EXTREMELLY GAME DOG, GOING OVER TWO HOURS TWICE . I KNEW WE WHERE GOING INTO A BULLDOG THAT NIGHT . ONCE AGAIN BARRACUDA CAME OUT FAST AND STRONG AND SOON ENOUGH CH.FATTY WAS PICKED UP AND MADE ONE OF THE GAMEST ATTEMPTS I HAD EVER SEEN.

A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER HE WAS HOOKED FOR HIS THIRD AT ANOTHER BIG SHOW IN TENNESSEE. THIS ONE WILL TURN OUT TO BE BARRACUDA’S HARDEST. THEY WENT TOE TO TOE FOR AN HOUR AND FIFTY MINUTES, BOTH DOGS SEEMED TO KNOW THAT IF EITHER ONE BLINKED IT WOULD BE OVER. CUDA FOUND HIS WAY TO THE BACK END AND AT ONE HOUR AND FIFTY FOUR MINUTES SOLDIER STOPPED MAKING BARRACUDA AN OFFICIAL CHAMPION.
    SHORTLY AFTER THAT, NO NAME JAY, GOT INTO SOME SERIOUS TROUBLE AND THAT’S WHEN I GOT THE ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE BARRACUDA. HE DIDN’T COME CHEAP BUT WAS THE BEST THING MONEY COULD BUY. SO FOR THE NEXT YEAR AND HALF BARRACUDA WAS OPEN TO THE WORLD WITH NO TAKERS.

THEN I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM MY GOOD FRIEND THE COWBOY LETTING ME KNOW THAT THERE WAS THIS BAD ASS DOG CALLED CH. BIG DADDY THAT HAD JUST STOPPED THE INFAMOUS CH. RED, WHO WAS GOING FOR HIS GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP WAS SAID BY MANY TO BE UNBEATABLE. WELL, CH. BIG DADDY COMPLETELY OUTCLASSED CH RED A 4X, AND PUT ON A DISPLAY THAT HAD MANY SAYING HE WAS THE TOTAL PACKAGE, BIG DADDY,S OWNERS WERE LETTING EVERYONE KNOW THAT THEY BELIEVED HE
    WAS THE BEST 55 IN THE COUNTRY AND IF BARRACUDA WANTED THE TITTLE HE HAD TO COME NORTH AND GET IT. I CALLED MY FRIEND COWBOY WHO KNEW BIG DADDY’S OWNERS AND TOLD HIM WE WERE WILLING TO DO IT AND BRING IT RIGHT TO HIS OWN BACK YARD. SURE ENOUGH THEY AGREED AND IT WAS ON.
    BEFORE THAT THOUGHT, THERE WAS ANOTHER SMALL MATTER TO BE TAKEN CARE OF. THERE WAS A GUY CLAIMING TO HAVE THE DOG TO BEAT BARRACUDA AND RIGHT IN MY HOMETOWN OF MIAMI. WELL, WE SET IT UP AND IN 30 MINUTES THE 3X WINNER BLACK BOY WAS TAKEN CARE OF AND

BARRACUDA DIDN’T EVEN BREAK A SWEAT. NOW CUDA WAS A 4X WINNER AND THE ONLY THING THAT STOOD IN THE WAY OF HIS GRANDCHAMPIONSHIP AND THE DOG OF THE YEAR TITTLE WAS CH.BIG DADDY.
    THREE MONTHS LATER I WAS RIGHT IN CH. BIG DADDY’S BACK YARD. AND AS IT TURNED OUT, IT WAS BARRACUDA’S EASIEST CONTEST. AGAIN, HE CAME OUT STRONG IN THE BACK END, FRONT END, AND 30 MINUTES IN, IT WAS ALL OVER. AND THERE THE STATUS OF THE NEW LEGEND WAS BORN. LATIN FORCE KENNEL’S GR CH BARRACUDA & DOG OF THE YEAR 2002.

SPECIAL THANKS TO VICTOR FOR BREEDING SUCH AN EXEPTIONAL ANIMAL, TO THE CUBAN MISSING LINK FOR CONDITIONING HIM FOR ALL 5 SHOWS, TO ALL MY OPPONENTS FOR BEING FRIST CALSS ACTS, AND ALSO TO THE CUBAN COWBOY AND MIKE FROM WORK KENNELS FOR THEIR FRIENDSHIP
    AND HOSPITALITY. LATIN FORCE KENNELS

2. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

Re: Latin Force Kennel’s Gr.ch.barracuda-9x

good read on one of the modern time greats

3. Nawz

Nawz Pup

i know ch big daddy owner personaly and no for a fact big daddy was not 100% in that match and he was not even handled buy his owner that match was not suppost to happen but it did and all i can say is i personaly handled that dog before and i no it was a bogus match but i no big daddy will be missed he was a great dog:mad:

4. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

good read hes a son of mayday right?

5. Jrouble

Jrouble Big Dog

6. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

It doesn't seem like he had very tough competition other than Ch Fatty :rolleyes:

7. Nawz

Nawz Pup

i didn't even no what dog big daddy lost to until i stumbled across this tread cause i in iraq a the time but when i was told how a so called kennel partner of my best friend matched him i cant tell you what really happen on this tread but that match was screwed up its like he was brung just to lose that was a bad time for air tight kennels :mad:

8. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

i agree it was a good read

9. Re: Latin Force Kennel’s Gr.ch.barracuda-9x

that some good dog there:)

10. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

WHY!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:This seemed like a big deal why wouldnt the owner give the dog the best chance???? and why wouldn't the partner want the best chance for his partners dog???? I've heard this type of thing too many times!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:Note to newcomers If you two cant be professional and unselfish DONT GET A PARTNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many good dogs have gone out byt people not doing what they're suppose to do. UGH!!! Not the law, JMHO:mad::mad::mad:

Oh yeah great read!!!!!lol:D:D

11. lilboom

lilboom Banned

I like reading about Mayday dogs. great read. thanks:D

12. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

aka ugliest dog ever...good read

13. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

YEP! right on the money if you want it done right you have to do it your self

14. stratos9

stratos9 Banned

I think CaesarIsis hit it right on the nose, about his competition. Just something for all you 'Southern Legend" Gr. Ch. Barracudo 9xw. During his quest to make this fame, they forgot to mention when he was contracted into a dog named " Joe Cool" owned by Aubrey Pettus, and when the guy putting the Barracuda dog thru his keep, ( near the end) heard what his opponent was and who bred him, advised Latin Force that they didn't need this one, about a week later we received the FORFEIT in the mail. This was a 1st outing for the "Joe Cool" dog at 21/2 yrs. old going into a Ch. Now I ask you what is wrong with this picture??? In the day we tagged this kind of activity "picking your fights to hang Titles". I know the guy personally that was working the "Southern Legend" if this bit of info needs verifyed. Don't know who or where this dog got his Titles, but we were in his back yard right in Fl. This is nothing to downgrade the great "MAYDAY" legend, but just an example what links people will go to for high$$$ offspring. When I seen the 9xw that is way above some of the "Great Dogs" that was OTW that new guys look for to start their yards. Some of the best are with no big titles and from no-name people that keep their line to them selfs and some of these pups or stud fees are FREE or don't break your bank account. I think Ben Brockton has told a lot of people more than once some of the best dogs are right here under our nose, you just got to get out and meet them, and maybe hit a show or two. Maybe the best are not posted on this dangerous internet. IN MEMORY OF THE SOUTHERN LEGEND!!! PM, if anybody want's the line of the Joe Cool Dog, old time breeding still around.

15. stratos9

stratos9 Banned

How much is these guys selling puppies for. Just curious

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

call the same guy who you collect the fit from lol.

17. Bigu1

Bigu1 Pup

Not dirrectly from SK but some guy near me was selling a barracuda dog for i think 1,500. So...

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

hmmmmm.....:confused:

19. stratos9

stratos9 Banned

RE: BB HELL, we don't know who sent it. No message, reason, zipo, etc. Plus it's been awhile. I just happen to see the Title of post and thought of it. Probably a Good little dog excuse me BIG dog.LOL!! I know we don't sell dogs but, if we did it would cost them more than that^. 9x WOW, he must recover quick, or maybe he plays defense, ya think? How old was he when he got his 9th anybody know. This is for Ben, "Stay around it's going to be fun!!!"

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

it's funny that anyone back then (pre76) would " duck" a fit because of how a dog was bred or because a certain person bred a hound. especially being in all a camp was known to go into first class dogmen in the past. hell they even went into the scorce of where there best stock came from. that didn't happen much. "fit's" were easy to recupe with all other side action going on & replacements were always around (pre76).