1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Leash Help.

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by absolute peril, Nov 21, 2009.

1. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good, STRONG lead for my game bred APBT. He doesn't pull until he sees another dog he trys to eliminate the dog regardless of size or temperament. I try to be safe with him and I don't want him snapping his lead. I would like one that is more comfortable for my hands when gripping it but not something really weak. What kind do you recommend or not recommend?
    Help?

2. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

3. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Horse leads are the shit they have nice nylon ones and cotton ones to. Most feed stores have them cheap and strong as hell.

4. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I have seen a few but they are like 60 feet or a little shorter.
    I might look for some online or at a different store.

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

ive seen folks use them round horse leashes!

6. alabama

alabama Big Dog

BE CAREFUL if you are gonna use horse leashes most are DESIGNED to come apart if the horse bolts.....or if your bulldog pulls to hard,they are good cheap leads just take the rope off and retie yourself.ive found out the hard way WATCH OUT!!:D

7. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

The rope leads from stillwater are very nice. Good on your hands too!

Or there are good leather leads made custom for good prices from Tablerock. I have one, dont know what kind of leather it is but it's soft soft soft but strong! She would know which kind I'm talking about if you asked though!

8. luge

luge Big Dog

enough said already lol get yourself to stillwater they are the best

9. norcalreds.com

norcalreds.com Big Dog

Stillwater Rope leads are the shizzle mah nizzle! :D

10. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

you dont have to order over the net bro

just go to a feed store and get a horse lead the round rope sometimes can be bought alone and cut to a size you like

11. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

when You look for a horse lead or bull lead make sure the one You get does NOT have a panic snap but look instead for one with a bull snap.

12. Corley

Corley Big Dog

Go to your nearest feed store and purchase a horse lead (sometimes called a mountain lead). These are thick and heavy enough to hold a horse so I know it will hold a pitbull. Plus I have many of them for my dogs.

13. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

Thank you for your replys, I think I want this leash (& Harness) off of stillwater kennel supply. Any other website or suggestions are welcome.

14. peppapig

peppapig Banned

:(:(:(:eek: .....can anyone else feel it.....:confused:

15. alabama

alabama Big Dog

What you talkin bout peppa:confused::D

16. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

Save yaself ordering the leash from still water. DEF GET THE COLLAR/HARNESS YOU PREFER. But go to your local hard ware store and buy the rope and rope clips and do it yaself. SAVE YOU A COUPLE BUCKS AND ITS THE SAME THING.

17. STRONG STUFF HEAVY DUTY DOG GEAR. HAS SOME EXELLENT PRODUCTS.
    strong-stuff.mysite.orange.co.uk/

18. peppapig

peppapig Banned

alabama just them top 2 lines....just reading it sounds odd to me....like trying to hard...:cool:....maybe im just paranoid.....or....lol

19. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog