1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Lets resolve our issues!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bullyson, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

All the threads that seem to get off topic do so because of people having issues with other members and their ideals so....I thought I would start a thread to get EVERYTHING out in the open and get our problems resolved. If you have an issue with someone, old or new, voice it right here. No flaming or name calling please. Just civil conversation to END the drama once and for all. I dont think the mods should be immune to this either IMO. Thanks in advance for keeping shiz within the rules and guidelines.;) YOURS IN SPORT, DJ.

2. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Well First.....We ain't picking cotton no' mo', we picking off bad cops and snitches

so we need to lay off the racist remarks.. I know we deal with this every day struggle as is , but when we bring our luggage on this internet vacation its onlly reminding me what kinda folk is on this board.

I deal with it cuz i choose...am I BITCHIN..hell nah...im jus an asshole by nature..ima speak my part for all the ones who feel the way I do..

no hard feelings.. but if u r living shife dont fuk with me.

CUTT-

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  3. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

I don't have a problem with anyone in particular, but when someone post something that is offensive to a certain group of people then thats a problem in it self. If a person feels a certain way then fell that way, but you shoudn't try to put your beliefs on others. You may have heard of this before, Dont ask don't tell policy.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Well, while we're on the issue of race, etc. I myself feel that all the rank remarks about cops is uncalled for. They're the ones protecting you when you sleep & they're the ones that come to save your a.. regardless of the danger.

Yeah, cops are the big, bad wolves b/c they're the ones that arrest dog fighters, but it doesn't mean we want to bust people. A sick, small, minority may, but the majority of cops could give two farts about busting a dog fighter. That's the DA & AC on that. In fact, cops were/are one of the biggest supporters of our breed.

99.99% of cops do not enlist to catch dog fighters. Most do it to protect people, clean up their neighborhoods, follow a family tradition, etc. Dog fighters are usually the last thing on their minds. But come to a place like this & you hear "pig this" & "pig that" & it's acceptable.

Even in this very thread the hatred against those who serve is found - "we're picking off cops & snitches." WTF is that??? What has a cop ever done to you that you didn't ask for?? If you do something illegal - I don't care what it is - you can't b!tch at the cop for arresting you. You shouldn't have done the crime if you weren't man enough to do the time.

Sad to say, when push comes to shove, you gotta do what you gotta do. They have a boss to answer to, bills to pay & a family to feed just like you. So if the DA says investigate so-&-so or AC says arrest so-&-so, guess what? They gotta do it, or lose their job, just like you.

And before anyone starts to cry, yeah, you have a few butt-holes in the PD who like to bust balls, but that's anywhere. No job is immune to that.

That's just my take .02 & you can take it for what it's worth - about .02.

5. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

nice post ABK..............

6. mindogg

mindogg Pup

i myself dont have any issues with anyone on here but i was a little affended by a comment that seemed racial. just a tad. if u feel a certain way, i could care less and wouldnt try to change your opinion. to each his own, right? i just feel there is no need to post your feelings like that on a public forum . no hard feelings for me though. everyone on here ok is with me.

7. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

you said we - I am wondering what that means? Is that we as is you & them?

8. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

What has a cop ever done to you that you didn't ask for??
    you have a few butt-holes in the PD

These statements are analogous to someone stating they have a blue nose, gator mouth, hawaiian bred pit with jeep in his ped (18 gens back); you just compliment the dog and keep on stepping..........

9. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

In america the people who own this breed is mostly southerner's and black people and a couple other's here and there. You can think that its not true but all in reality it is. And all of these people that own the breed are coming onto this message board and writing what they want how they want. I dont think its because there ignorant i think its because thats how they live and how they talk. So you cant ask someone to change there speach because there on a message board with all type of people around the world. I mean if you actually get someone to stop saying racist remarks is that going to change your life outside of the computer? No because there will be racist people all over where ever you live.

10. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

ABK, before I start this post I want you to know I thanked you for what you wrote. I want to become a cop and thats real talk. But there are cops out there that do it for family tradition or whatever but there are racist cops. No offence but I guess your not of the ethnic community. I started a thread call concealed look at that and thats just a preview of what I have encountered. What has a cop done to me that I didn't ask for?LOL! We wont go there but I can assure you I'm not the only one thats been profiled because of a skin color. And as for as that comment goes about pickin off cops thats a lyric from a song and the artist is from where I'm from and had recently been profiled and in these profiling we are not arrested just harassed for 20-45 minutes if not longer. So if you are a cop thats good I support you a 110% but if you crooked or make judgement calls on race then, We aint pickin cotton no mo, we pickin off cops.

11. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

It doesn't just happen to people of different races. My brother is as white as came be, was a USMC, and is probably the last person to do anything illegal in the world. He was pulled over in our hometown for speeding (which he deserved to be pulled over for), but then he was treated like a criminal, and was even accused of being a terrorist and they even somehow came up with the idea that he was planning to assassinate the President. Why? Because he had some rifles in his jeep and a few baseball bats, and as the one cop said, "He was too calm" in their opinion. They tried to lock him up and take away all his guns, when he hadn't done a thing wrong. So, yep, it happens to all people no matter what race. There are some really horrible cops out there, but the majority of the ones I know are good guys. It sucks though, because like our breed, the few bad cops make all the rest look like sh*t.

To the OP, I don't really have a problem with anyone on here. I just get annoyed when people come into the forum and act like Gamebred Dogs are crappy and the ones causes BSL, and I think to myself, "Why come to a Gamedog forum if you hate gamebred dogs?" They are just annoying trolls.

12. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

There is one person i would like to call out. Not really call out but see what they have. TripleJ i want to see what your running because in all these post i see you have this and that. Why dont you show us what you really have because i would really like to know. This isnt no attack just trying to see if you will show us something.

13. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

BullDozer: I meant we as in "we." Those who know me know when I was in the USAF I was federal cop (SP). My husband was one for 12 years. Neither of us are in any longer though & haven't been for a while, so don't worry. ;)

But being part of that fraternity, I still say "we" when I refer to LE, even though I am no longer in.

mac 11:
    I agree, there are racist cops. But there are also racist judges, racist teachers & racist 7-11 clerks! Racism knows no employment boundries. It can be found everywhere.

Further, the race card had two sides. In addition to the whites who dislike people of color, there are blacks (to include black cops) who dislike white or latinos & there are even blacks who dislike other blacks b/c their skin tone is different from theirs. So racism is not isolated to law officers or white people.

coolhandjean: I know what you mean. A friend of ours got pulled over for speeding. The cop went through his speech, which includes asking if you have any concealed weapons. My friend replied that he had a gun in his glove box. The cop then cuffed him & carried him to jail where he had to spend the night, even though he had a permit for the gun & a permit to carry it! Afterward he had to go to court to get his gun back! Both my friend & the cop were white.

It's just like anything really. You'll have a few jerks in ANY line of work. But like our dogs, cops are high profile. You never hear about the rank accountant, bank teller or garbage truck driver. But you can bet your bottom dollar you'll always hear about the rank cop! People of other lines of work can be real jerks & nothing gets out. But if a cop behaves badly, look out! It will be TV news, or at the very least news at the local watering hole.

And like our dogs, the bad actions of a few are highlighted, exploited & played on news reels until the reel breaks from over use. But the majority of good cops (& good pit bulls) usually go unnoticed & unappreciated. :(

The very folks who bristle at the idea of lumping our dogs in w/ vicious man-biters are the same folks who lump bad cops together with the good & label us all as "pigs." How ironic & how sad.

But anyway that's my only beef. That & the occasional sexist comment, but Marty takes care of that quickly. As for members themselves, I think the majority of them are great. The few that I think aren't so great I shall keep to myself!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  14. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

While there have been a grip of this type posting lately I just want to throw it out keep an open mind on some new people who may have genuine questions. It doesn't seem like anyone's lining up with knives at the ready, Im just sayin, cull correctly.

15. ImMe

ImMe Pup

First off I want to say I love this breed always have and always will! Second i dont have problems with no1 in particular but it do be some offensive post on here and im mostly talking about the ones about "COPS" Racism is always an issue and if a grown ass man is to immature to look past the color of someone skin thats just shows that his is still a "Boy" and not a "Man" so i mostly look past those.... I agree with Marty 110% all the way hands down... I just recently graduated from the police academy here in Houston and cops are human that have hobbies just as a person that has a regular job. We hunt, we have dogs, we drink, we party, we have fun just like everyone else its just some things we cant do anymore. Dont get me wrong it's some dickheads out there, but there in every profession!!! So many people talk down on cops but quick to call when something went wrong and need our help.. My advice is if you run into a bad cop just report him and i promise you it might not be immediate results but after enough reports something will happen. Laws differ from state to state but here in Texas at most agencies to write a ticket is left up to the officer and your're going to get the ticket based on how you treat the officer. If you treat him or her like shit and play dumb why shouldnt they treat you the same way? If they are arresting you its prolly because they have to and its something that will get them in trouble for not doing so. But like Marty said we are the ones protecting you at night and your property and even in the day-time and your kids at school so we deserve just a little respect!!!! But other than that I Love This Board:)

16. ImMe

ImMe Pup

If you really want to become a cop now is a Great Time!!!! Everyone is hiring!! Get at me i'll give you a lil insdier info if you want it

17. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Sorry for my outlook on cops , you right they do protect while we sleep. We do have some good law man over here. but the bad outweigh the good in my area of town. Srry i was quick to post out of emotion and noty consider the rest. I do apologize, but back on topic..WE all need to get along. or move on.

18. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Yeah, I know what you mean. I usually polite with everyone off the bat unless they give me reason not to be.

19. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

I have not had any issues with people on this board. I haven't seen any issues with race, color, religion on here. What I have seen is people that join or read stuff and get bashed because they don't have a gamebred type dog. Or they post a picture of the dogs they obviously love and get told that it is a nice looking AMSTAFF, but in no way is it a true apbt. I happen to like both true abpts and ukc show type dogs. Believe it or not, I have seen a few that were actually both! I am sure I will get feedback on that comment.
    I don't care for the amstaffs or the razors edge dogs much. But that is my opinion. I don't come to the board looking to put you down for what kind of dogs you like. In the uneducated public eye, they are all just vicious pitbulls. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I come here to learn. I love the news clips Marty posts. Don't see them on other boards. I don't like seeing newbies come here and get bashed because someone doesn't like their choice of dog. You don't have to comment on their dogs. If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. Or pm them. Don't try and humiliate them on a public forum.
    If we don't band together and fight for our breed as a whole, it won't survive. United we stand, divided we fall. We are all in the same boat as far as BSL goes.

20. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

I dont have any problems with anyone on this board,but there are a few things that get under my skin..

I really can't stand when people who dont have a clue are giving advice left & right..Especially when it comes to breeding dogs,and bloodlines etc..

It also gets to me a little when people go and get pups off so & so,and THEN ask questions like "does anyone know anything about so & so" or "does anyone have any info on so & so"..

When people talk/type like they didnt make it out of elementary school..That kind of gets to me..No,that really gets to me..

When people brag about dogs in their dogs' 4-5-6th generation..When people cross bulldogs with big blue pieces of s***..When bunny huggers try to push their views on others........ I dont like any of that stuff either..

Just a little venting..