1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Lil Bits ears

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NCPatchwork, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

pittfallin likes this.
  2. CB

CB CH Dog

Thats a high cut.

3. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

I agree really high cut. Interested to see how that turns out.

4. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

5. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

good god watcher! lol

6. The Watcher

lol, if your going to do it, do it!

7. CB

CB CH Dog

I would be really pissed off at who did the crop. I would go back and tell them that you want atleast 1 1/2 inch cut from the tip of the ear off. Did they know they were doing a crop for a pit bull and not a doberman?

8. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I'm sorry but I like the cut...she'll grow into them...sorry that you think that way...

9. CB

CB CH Dog

I know you want to show this dog in the show ring. And the way her ears are cropped i dont think she will place. I really dont think that she will grow into them either. I would fix it before its to late.

10. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Lord..its like you are saying that the ears make the dog..I'm sorry I disagree...they aren't too big..and they will look better as she gets older..I hate to say I can't wait to prove you wrong...Besides...if she looks good, ears won't matter...

11. CB

CB CH Dog

I hate to tell you this but ears are part of conformation and last time i looked the judges judge conformation which includes ears.

12. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

It does, but it says nothing about the cut...it only says they do not "DESIRE" bat ears..nothing about a high cut or the type of cut...I've seen dogs with ears that folded inward that took places in shows.

13. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Big Dog

In a show every part of the dog matters! Personally I think the crop looks real elegant, kind of like a Great Dane style: I think short ears are far more functional than the longer crop but I don't think they at all ruin her look. It could turn out real nice looking.

14. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

15. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Its your dog to do as you wish. I'm not a fan of cropped ears regardless, but whats done is done. She had beautiful ears, hope its not a decision you regret in the future. Then again, I'm a sucker for big, rose ears :D

16. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Yeah..I mean I like all ears...Stuka has the full bat ears...I think I just didn't want her to have them..just a personal opinion..probably will be my only and last crop..my only crop

17. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

18. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

NC, I think her ears look fine. They are a high cut, but like I said they look fine. All that matters is that you like it. She's a gorgeous girl.

19. The Watcher

I think its inhumane and wish it was treated as so. definately makes the breed look more Channel 4 news. that dog looked so much better with ears. I could see facial expression. now.. well, its a terrible crop. definately a Doberman crop.
    futhermore, croping ears has absolutely no sporting advantage and honestly may hamper a good sporting dog. we should do all possible to better the image of our breed not mutalate it for our own personal selfish reasons.

1 person likes this.
  20. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

They do look a little long but she is just a baby, she will grow into them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.