1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Locked in the bathroom by the dog this morning

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Hoyden, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Since Petey has a lovely habit of letting himself into any room he wants since he knows how to bite the door knob and turn it to open the door, we lock the door when we use the bathroom, or end up with his big stupid head in your lap while you're on the throne.

So anyway, I locked the bathroom door and Petey decideds to exert a little more force than usual to come in and manages to BREAK THE DAMN DOOR KNOB!! I go to leave the bathroom and find that I can not unlock the door to get out and the knob just spins around.

Wonderful.

I yell for the Gremlin to try from the outside and she says the knob is crushed. So thinking she may be able to unlock it, I send her for a long metal pick in my leather tools. She finds it, tries to pop the lock from the outside, but no luck. Part of the crushed knob is in the way.

Great.

So I decide to just take the knob off and go through the medicine cabinet looking for something to use as a screw driver to take the screws out of the knob from the inside.

I give the tweezers a shot, but the screws are a phillips and the head of the tweezers is too big.

Gremlin tries to shove a small Phillips head screw driver from the PC repair kit under the door and it's too big because of the handle.

Then she asks if she should call someone or go see if Tim is home. I have visions of the Fire Department or Police Department laughing their butts off or thinking it's a prank call when some little kid calls and tells them that their pit bull locked her mother in the bathroom, so I tell her to wait a bit.

Gremlin says she can drag Daddy's big ladder to the windown, but the bathroom is on the back of the house, so climbing out the window is a BIG drop and I can't go down ladders without someone to place my right foot on each rung.

I'm about read to give up & tell her to call the Police when the Gremlin has a bright idea. She gets one of the phillips cordless drill bits that is longer out of the tool box and pushes it under the door.

After skinning some fingers, I'm able to unscrew the door knob and get out of the bathroom.

And the rest of the day has been hell too. Somebody shoot me.

2. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Oh...that Gremlin is something else!!! I laughed at your story...but that child is one of a kind...I have more respect for her than most adults I meet!!!

And By the way....I know about the head in the lap during potty time....LOL

3. kgip2k

kgip2k Guest

Sounds like a bad way to start the day off.... Hope things start getting better for you....

4. JAGER

JAGER Big Dog

ROTFLMFAO!!!! that is so funny kinda sucks at the end though i was kinda hopeing for the fire department to get there and unlock the door. and then hope to see you on the news "DOGS LOCKS OWNER IN BATHROOM" that would of been great. to bad you didnt record it and send it to Funniest Home Videos

5. JAGER

JAGER Big Dog

I DID NOT WANT TO KNOW THAT LMFAO [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Sorry to hear that... Funny as H3ll but im sure darn glad it didnt happen to me lol Yay for Gremlin ;)

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

LOL....Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but that is too funny. Sounds like Gremiln is one smart little cookie. I know if I got locked in the bathroom, Blaize would be sitting on the other side laughing his little butt off... I also know the joys of the head in the lap...nosy little buttheads...LOL..You'd think after being nosy enough to watch you pee in the toilet maybe they'd figure it out and give it a whirl

8. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Well I think Paco has somewhat figured it out since he has "marked" the side of the toilet more than once...I like to think he's TRYING...LOL

9. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

LMAO At least you made it out without having to call for help!

10. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Thank God that there is only one of her, because I don't think the world could handle two. They'd take over and we'd never know it.

Kinda hard to do since I was locked in there.

Our Mayor is a trip and he's the Fire Chief, so that really would have been interesting. Last Halloween he was marching around the Elementary School in his Cat in the Hat costume, and asked if Birdie would be okay with his costume, since he was a CAT. :rolleyes:

Petey actually is tall enough to lift his leg and pee INTO the toilet! About 6 years ago, Mark told him that Petey that he was doing "outside" when he barged into the bathroom, so Petey lifted his leg & did "outside" too.

Marked that behaviour with roast beast and the dog pees on the toilet now.

Now that I've had some honeyed mead and watched Sanjaya get kicked off American idol, I'm in a good mood :D

11. 6klub

6klub Big Dog

I don't think I'm gonna stop laughing for a few more minutes..... that was great!