1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

look at this analysis please

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by billy muscle, Jan 7, 2005.

1. this may sound incredibly dumb, but my dog loves cat food, i've only found her diggin in to it maybe four times, but she loves it or i don't feed her enough. i checked out the ingredients and breakdown...tell me what you think...crude protein 32 %, crude fat 9 %, crude fiber 4 %, moisture 12%, calcium 1% and phospherus .9%...the ingredients were as follows..... in this order....brewers rice, soybean meal, corn glutton meal, meat and bone meal, ground yellow corn, beef tallow preserved with tacopherols, fish meal and turkey by product meal.....i not going to feed my dog cat food, but if she has some, is it useless to her?? she is 4 months and weighs maybe 25 pounds....maybe she was the runt of the litter??

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

it's just a fact that dogs like cat food. cat food is yummy to them. & it's also no uncommon for dogs to eat cat feces. yeah, i know it's nasy but that's life. the thing you have to watch w/the cat food is that it packs the pounds on your dog. it's too high in fat & protein & overall not desinged for a dog so technically it's not ideal for your dog to eat it. it would probably be better if you had the cat food where the dog couldn't get it, but no its not going to kill your dog if he sneaks a bite every now & then.