1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for superior cross ideas.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dutchy954, Feb 1, 2011.

1. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

I did not accuse anybody of being a dousche. The advice he was giving was not relevent to the original post. I was looking for ideas of recent individuals.

What you wouldn't use your own opinion, others opinion, and the ideas of great dogmen's opinions in their literature as an influence on your decision? I prefer to be as educated as possible.

This a forum to help us all. Sure we disagree with eachother and have opposing opinions, thats how we learn.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
  2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

thats a good idea but you need some updated literature

3. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

I certainly agree. Not the easiest literature to come across regardless of purpose used.

4. big dan

big dan Big Dog

I'd find a proven eli or heinzl dog that was tight dibo and work that cross.This cross has worked for years and is still working today,you just have to know where it is and who is using it.

5. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

Oh fine sir, i have a very high comprehension level, i am also capable of reading between the lines.
    u must have the highest reading level of anyone to ever bulldog to KNOW EVERYTHING about bulldoggin after reading a couple of stratton and colby books!!!!

if you KNOW your bitch has it all, then you must know a few other people in bulldogs. or how else would you know how good your bitch is... why not just take her to a stud that youve SEEN is capable of producing the type of animal you want.

i guess now that youve ready a colby book you KNOW how great they are and how competitive they are in todays day and age...
    and now after reading a colby book you know how good all colby dogs are and you just need to dedicate your life to the pursuit of breeding the best colby cross dogs that ever lived....
    yes how dare i question your authoity of bulldogs bulldog knowledge and the breeding of real working apbt.

i could name a few competitive colby X dogs that might be worth breeding too but since your a smart ass biotch ill just not go there because i dont know shit...
    why not say "i have a good jeep redboy rascal xcolby bitch if anyone knows of any good performance animal that would go good with her please pm me the pedigree/contact info for said animal"

i bow out fine sir because i know i have nothing but shit bred curs and couldnt possibly possess 1/10th of the knowledge you have aquired by having 1 jeep/redboy/rascal x colby bitch lmfao
    yis
    webster

6. DutchGame

DutchGame Big Dog

Lol you're just breeding for peds. As for your bitch and your stories, I'm not impressed. No one probably is. Sorry to be an asshole and a buzzkill.

7. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Okay, no where did I say I was breeding for peds. I said the papers were not important. Over the many years of Colbys staying pure the percentages of game dogs may have fallen a little in the line and some may be missing their third pre molar, or have softer teeth. So the best way to re route the blood is to outcross for certain things then bring it back to pure Colby. Im not sure why no one understands that idea at all. I was just looking for advice not to be attacked.

No I have not actually read the Colby book at all. Dont even have it. Ive read faron, rocca, and stratton. And I was not saying I knew it all, THAT IS WHY I AM GATHERING OPINIONS! makes sense dont it?

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

ill go ahead and help you help yourself
    all the information you are looking for is on this site already
    use the search engine and you will find exactly what you are asking for and much more
    you will also understand alot of the comments people have made better
    Good luck:)

9. DutchGame

DutchGame Big Dog

You don't understand why no one gets your idea's? Maybe, because you keep talking about dogs you say are supossedly superior and keep talking about the Colby bloodline. And why the do you want to breed your bitch to a big name!? What the hell is wrong with you. No one gives a shit about names. And why are you actually stating the obvious by saying 'Colby gamedogs may have fallen a little in the line and some may be missing their third pre molar, or have softer teeth.' You obviously feel you're in the position to nurse back health into the Colby dogs, but let me tell you that is better left to capable hands of Lou himself as he knows what he is doing.

PS: 'Teeth' don't get soft, mouth does.

10. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Here is an opinion sell them petbulls and get a Shepard.. You are gonna cause more harm then good with the way you thinking and once you grow tired you gone be newspaper selling and then bing bang boom a headliner..first there is no superior cross or line. Secondly you have a Jeep Redboy Rascal Colby dog.. Jeep daddy and Redboy daddy go directly back to Colby. You have a hybrid cross already with the J/R/Rb in there you don't need no more. Third how you know your bitch is so great? That means you checked her or was that a lie. You reading 30 y/o books impresses nobody and it seems the only knowledge you have if that is true please revert to beginning of post..

11. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Wow. When will this thread die. I understand who finleys bo and teals jeff are rock. I understand everyone is jealous and despises the Colby line so please disregard this thread.

12. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:
    if we were jealous we would just go get our own. they are available to any crackpot with some money.

13. NewDogg09

NewDogg09 Pup

U wanna bring the Colby back into ur blood for what reason Colby hasnt done shit for yrs....Colby dogs r NOT game they r NOT working dogs, they have not been bred for the original purpose of the breed in many many many yrs bro. That blood is just peddling blood for the ignorant. And if u really wanna shut everyone on here up,..post a damn PED and show us what ur talkin bout, otherwise ur mutt aint nothing but back yard trash, no offense!! To all of us ur just another Tom Dick or Harry tryn to get a stud into BYB....

14. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

lolll my own statesmen up in the berkshires is getting on me about Colbys... wowww.. didnt i say ignore this thread haha

15. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

dutchy954 if she is so superior (there is only one proving ground ) why not take he back to what made her and see what you get. As long as you have proven dogs topside and bottomside, then imo your half way there ( as we know any breeding is a gamble ) as working dogs come from working dogs. I would'nt worry about anything past the 4th generation as in most cases your just chasing dead dogs,or gloryfying in you dogs ancestors.

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

yeah...ok:rolleyes:

17. Congoman

Congoman Big Dog

All these idiots running Redboy/Jeep dogs and the Gambler's Virgil line should know. The Colby dogs are still good it depends on who has them. But I know a lot of old timers who still call Jeep a Colby dog. It is what it is.

18. DutchGame

DutchGame Big Dog

This kid just doesn't seem to understand his dog is most likely just an average apbt, and feels the need to breed to a big name to feel superior and more of a man. Can someone please close down this thread, it's more than clear he just 'feels' superior, which he's obviously not. On the contrary actually.

19. DutchGame

DutchGame Big Dog

Lol, so true!:p

20. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

theres no reason to close it, it isnt violating any rules on what we can and cant discuss