1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for superior cross ideas.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dutchy954, Feb 1, 2011.

1. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

I am sorry I even posted this thread, I should of been aware of the hate I would endure by even mentioning the name Colby on this game-dog forum. And Dutch I do not need to prove my manhood, I go to work everyday laying tile, and I pay my taxes, and I especially do not act like an internet tough guy. Thank you to the guys who posted respectfull and insightful responses.

2. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

there should be NO hate for the name Colby on a game-dog site. except from maybe the f*cking clowns

3. AGame

AGame CH Dog

aint that the truth damn near if not all game-dogs go back to some colby blood one way or another

4. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

From the info given this is your dogs ped. Not the parents but littermates of. I like the way its put together. I wont be naive enough to think your dog is just an average dog as i dont know. If she's superior in your eyes is all that matters as far as YOUR breeding program goes since your not planning on breeding and selling pups. If I were you I would bring her back to a redboy, jeep, rascal, colby, or any cross there of thats proven his worth. She's already crossed up so I wouldnt add any other line if I could avoid it. Ignore the guys bashing you as there just defending there breed the only way they know how.

5. big dan

big dan Big Dog

Hey Dutchy don't be sorry for the way other people act and think.You ask for a simple opion and got a bunch crapy replies.I agree with Sampson I like the way ur gyp is breed.Like I stated before if I were you I would try to find a heavy breed Heinzl male and cross it with her.[dime\dibo cross always a great one.I promise you will not be sorry]Cull hard and you will hve the dogs you want.

6. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Thank you dan and sampson. I am just in the future planning process I guess. So many options and thoughts going through my head, and I know nothings going to happen over night. I do have other dogs in the picture but a big part of me was leaning towards some tight Colby's Sam blood, he was quite the bulldog. A buddy of mine had some pretty tight frisco/chinamen blood through Harrold's Black Pearl and he brought it to a pure Colby, my male, and from what I hear the results were amazing.

7. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Thats what I'm sayin'! We are all entitled to our own opinions. You can disagree with me but you cannot hate on the blood.

8. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I would definately try some tight Heinzl blood as well. I didnt even think about that. Good advice I would try it as well if I were you Dutchy.

Dont let them discourage you bro. Pm me

9. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

exacty................

10. I have a redboy/jeep/ female and a male boudreaux. I have been breeding the jeep/redboy for over three years. the boudreaux male was given to me a few years ago from a guy who breeds eli/frisco. These pups that I have had are awesome. Agility,stamina, and heavy mouth. What I have done is look back to each of the dogs I have, and they have both came from Colby, and Boudreaux bloodlines. The next thing I wanna do is get a 100% colby dog, to throw in the mix somewhere are even a Jocko dog, just because of where they come from. Heavy breed maybe the colby and jocko together like I did with my redboy/jeep, and see where it goes.. What do you think??

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I know most here prob dont like the Sorrel blood ,I to have heard they are watered down now although i have never owned one,say I get one and am not satisfied curious to hear some opinions on what to cross it with to maybe bring back some lost traits?

12. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

If you got one and you not happy while duplicate it by breeding more of it.. Cull it is what you should do.. Now if it was a good one then breed to Jeep, Bolio, Boomerang, Alligator or Eli..

13. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

i would roll the dice with a good jeep/rascal male but a jeep/nigerino/rascal would be better 3 great strains of eli blood