1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for the highest gamebred APBT

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by joey, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joey

joey Pup

Hello, I'm new to these boards.

I'm interested in buying a top notch gamebred American Pitbull Terrier from the best line. I've done alot of research for quite a long time. And I found that there are only 3 true lines that are the absolute best -- Colby, Sarona, and Sorrells.

Which of these three is the best? Are they equal? Remember, I'm interested in getting the best highest gamebred pit.

2. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

You still have alot to learn before you get a dog.You should do some more reading.

3. joey

joey Pup

Really? The three lines I've mentioned produced the finest pure gamebred APBT's in the world. Bert Sorrells breeds his dogs for over 45 years and is world famous for his lines. Colby produces pits even longer than Sorrell. Sarona is also another legendary line.

How about you give me some better lines?

4. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Sarona???? lol
    there's a section in the forums on bloodlines..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2005
  5. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I don't know how Sarona got added in your top 3. Personally, I wouldn't even consider a Sarona dog. The comment about Colby dogs being better than Sorrells is just an opinion. There are many other great lines out there and it is all about personal preference. All lines bring something different to the table and you will never know what line is the best, just because of personal preference. Each line has its greats and each has its failures. You have alot to learn. These dogs are extremely driven and I wouldn't recommend one for someone who doesn't already know exactly what they are doing. A game bred dog is nothing like any other dog in the world and they can be a real handful. That is why you can find them in rescue organizations so often. People get one, not knowing what to expect and the dog takes over the house, is too hyper and so on. They end up getting rid of it. You may want to find a dog at a rescue first and learn on it. At the same time, sit on this forum and soak up everything you can. I definitely would not recommend you to spend money on a dog that you won't know how to handle. I have had bulldogs for 10 years and I still need guidance occassionally. Hell, I needed guidance a couple of days ago. There is still a whole lot more that I need to learn. These dogs are great but they are not for most people.
    The comment about Razors Edge was a joke by the way.

david63 likes this.
  6. FREDDLOVE1

FREDDLOVE1 Banned

Yo Kid,

Keep Doin Yo Research, For 1 U Aint Ready For A Game-dog.and Those Lines U Speak On Are Really Water Dog And Gamness Iz Breed Out If Not Purchase From The Great Breeder,like Bert Himself.and Not Taken Anything Away From Those Line Of Dogs But The Are Not The Finest Fastlane Dogs.me, Personally I Feed -"plummers Alligater" Kershner An Hammond Lines.-pure Jeep Line.there Are Others At Your Preference Heinzle Line-eli Bloodline-and Redboy Just 2 Name A Few.
    Your Friend In Tha Game
    Freddlove

david63 likes this.
  7. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Once again, someone's personal opinion.;)

8. CRG

CRG Top Dog

joey, all lines have their good and bad it just depends what you are looking for in a dog. imo their are better lines out there then the 3 you named keep reasearching eventually you will find what you are looking for.

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Educate not run down, guys.

10. SFK

SFK Top Dog

I think someone is F&*^% with the board. All the research in the world would'nt lead you to those three bloodlines.

11. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I gotta agree with you there. I was thinkin the same thing myself.

12. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Ya think? lol...

13. joey

joey Pup

Look guys, I know what game bred means.

So let's get things straight here once and for all...

I have no intention of fighting these dogs *nor* do I have any intention of having these dogs as protection dogs. "Gameness" means that an APBT is emotionally balanced, capable of performing any given task without ever giving up, is beyond loyal to it's owner and is friendly to all humans.

I understand that a *human* aggressive pit is *NOT* a gamebred pit. Anyone who buys pits to fight them or train them to be guard dogs, or abuse and neglect them should never buy this breed.

I also know that a gamebred pit can very easily be trained to be an excellent house pet. So don't tell me that a gamebred pit is dangerous or a handful to keep because this is simply not true at all.

14. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

LMAO you think you have it all figured out huh? pick a book up and read it

15. Definitly agree with Mia on this.Educate this person ,there is a reason of enterest from this person. (HELP SHAPE AND MOLD)!

16. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

You obviously never owned a game-bred dog. They are a handful. They require extensive exercise and they are extremely strong willed and highly driven. They can easily establish themselves as the alpha in a household if you do not know what you are doing. These are just some examples of the reasons of why you need to know what you are doing and these are just some of the reasons that irresponsible and unknowledgable owners are constantly taking their dogs to the shelters or letting them loose. Once again, you have alot to learn.

17. And You To Tab!

18. joey

joey Pup

I know that.

This can be fixed if you train them when they're puppies. And I love the outdoors, I'd take it out with me almost everyday. I also have a treadmill in my home.

19. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Joey -

As someone who stumbled into these dogs, one gamebred and one staff/pit mix listen to what is being said, right now I think I spend more time, energy and money on keeping these dogs trained, excersized and happy than I do with my two teenagers (and anyone with teens knows how much time and money that can cost ya...ha!!!!) What ever you decide remember your actions are important, we are all fighting to keep our dogs true to standard and free from persecution, help be part of this solution is all I ask. Do your homework and be true to these dogs and that will be HUGE!!!! Good luck in your quest.

Regarding your comment about training them as puppies, mine were older when I got them but I did see changes in my females behavior as she hit 18 mo, it is as though she came into to her animal aggresion......maybe I'm off base here but I suspect training a game dog as a pup is not the end....as a matter of fact I suspect the training or should I say re-training will begin again as the dog matures....just my experience.

20. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

what? lol......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.