1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for the highest gamebred APBT

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by joey, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

the same thing goes for being "game" joey. Just because a dog comes from game lines, does not mean he also will be game (though when we bred/get new dogs we certainley hope we arent getting those ones!)

2. joey

joey Pup

Thanks Rockstar and Pity, you guys are really helping me out here.

Before I was being in over my head. But now, I should start to think twice about getting this breed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2005
  3. PamJ

PamJ Pup

That's a great explanation, I think people need to hear it JUST like that. You probably helped more people than you realized. Great job!!!

4. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

And im sure you know this, but we werent trying to discourage you from this breed (as obviously we all got bit by the bulldog bug), but from owning them, we know that you have to be responsible, informed, and capable/ready to handle anything that comes at you.
    Instead of saying they are great dogs etc etc, and a problem occur, and being new not know how to handle it, and a big problem occur.

If you have the time, the knowledge, the space,& the dedication to put into them,there is NO better breed to have.

I started out w/labs, border collies, etc. They just dont compare in my eyes, nothing does. I will have these dogs till the day i die (hopefully thats many many years away!!)

5. Jennifer&Will

Jennifer&Will Big Dog

we got our dog from a "back yard breeder" because if we didn't buy him from the guy down the street, he would've been killed because he was the runt and the guy said he was worthless to him. my dog went to the vet at the same time 2 of his brothers were at the very same vet & we were told by the vet tech that leo was twice their size & his demeanor was a complete turnaround from theirs! we give him lots of love & attention but we punish him for messing up & we have a great dog.!! every one of his brothers & sisters are either dead or still used as fighting dogs!! you can look in my gallery and see leo cuddling a kitten!!!

6. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Rockstar, Very well said.

7. ChAnimal

ChAnimal Big Dog

For your information the Sorrells line of dogs IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD. In my opinion and personal experience with the dogs you just wont see what a Sorrells dog brings to the table in a Jeep dog or any other line. The only line that comes close is Eli, Hammonds, ad some Patricks. Jeep is the biggest puppy pedler bloodline in the world. Thats just all my opinion. The Sorrells dogs would make a wonderful first pit but you must first be ready for the responsiblities with these dogs.

8. Phew.....I tried reading all the post but enough is enough...Here is my opinion on your inquiry JOEY:

You seek a dog with no human aggression: The APBT is not the only dog with this attribute.

You like the drive of the APBT: This is a two way street buddy. If you want a dog with drive, you must be able to release its drive on a regular basis. You must set aside hours of exercise per week along with lengthy walks. NO JOKE. The time you will have to spend with the dog (notice I am not using APBT. It could be any type of "high energy" dog.) will be directly connected to the amount of drive in the dog. The dog you choose will not care you found a new job. It will not care you are sick and can go out. It will not care you are busy with your friends. In fact, the dog you choose will need more time/exercise as it grows.

Will you have time to spend at least 1 hour per day exclusively with the dog? Walking when it rains, hails, snows, when you are tired, etc?

What will happen when you need to go on a trip? Who will care for it?

If you move from your current residence, will the place you move into have any dog related clauses? What will you do if it does?

If you are not currently working, who will pay for its needs (feed, medical, toys, etc.)?

If you get married (if not already), will the dog be a issue?

There is much to think before taking on a dog and I do not mean only the APBT. All dogs require varied degrees of attention. You are seeking one breed that is known for its drive and its attention requirement.

You posted that proper training will control a dog's animal aggression. This is true an false or rather, it depends. The effectiveness of training depends on the degree of "gameness" (in the combative sense) is in its breeding (genes). A pup who's parents, g-parent, etc where all from "combative" lines will not benefit from any sort of training as an adult. What do I mean? It is in its nature (in this example). It is sort of (extreme example) like if you attempted to train the pup not want to reproduce; in the end, it will do what its nature calls.

There are many types of dogs to choose. If you into the "look" our cousins are fine (Staffies). Many do have drive for pulling or other sort of sports. Staffies are human friendly and most people confuse them with our dogs.

But, before deciding to get a dog, please, please think and rethink the idea. In your situation, is like adopting a child. This is a huge commitment that cannot/should not be taken lightly.

9. Haven't seen you here in a while. Nice re-entry......

10. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

as long as love is a part of this then choose whate ever suites u

11. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Sorrells dogs are definitely not a show line like some here believe and I have not been able to find out where this show dog idea came from. The Sorrells dogs that I know of may be shown but they are all working dogs at the same time and damn good ones. You are not the only member here who keeps Sorrells dogs and has tried Jeep dogs and other lines and were not satisfied with their ability when compared to the rest of the yard.
    I agree, these dogs can make a good first time dog if you are aware of their personality, drive, and energy. I have had other bulldogs but Buck is my first well bred dog and he is nothing like the scatterbreds I have had before. He can be a real handful but he is definitely the best dog I ever had by a long shot. I honestly feel that people need to see and be well acquainted with dogs such as these before they decide to purchase one.

12. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Actually Bert does show his dogs and somtimes he is one of the judges but Mr.Sorrells has two yards one for the show one for the go lol if you know what I mean.

13. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Haven't you posted this comment before? Where did you get the idea that Bert breeds show dogs? Where do you get this crap?

14. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

tommyt- there have been some photos of Bert in the ADBA gazettes showing one of his dogs, he has been the judge as well.

15. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

That's not what he means...a lot of people show their dogs, but it doesn't mean they BREED for the show.

16. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Sorry, when i was reading the reply, my brain didnt pick up breed. LOL oops

17. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Loose lips sink ships!

18. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

I, of course have to ad my two cents, are you guys saying that a well structured solid built dog like the Sorrells line can't do both? They are one of the oldest and purest lines left around and excel at all kinds of activities. They just happen to look good doing it. I do think that anyone getting into this breed needs to study long and hard, they are a handful and can become an issue really fast in the wrong hands, no matter what line they are coming from. There are many great lines out there and many different looks and types, so it is really a personal preference.

19. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

quit using my quote...LOL ;)

20. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Quit using MY quote, I came up with it YEARS ago ROFL.

edit-I believe I came up with this one right around 1940-1944. LMAO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.