1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

loyalty kennels

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Big Papa, Jul 28, 2005.

1. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

bout 85-95.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

65-75....and a word on that kennel, they are advertising on www.hoobly.com, generally if you have to advertise on there then you arent breeding good enough dogs to be able to move a litter based on word of mouth and a good reputation, which is what most people would want-a reputable breeder with some good referalls. I dont know what you like, but those dogs dont look liek anything special to me.....big ''bullies'' are a dime a dozen, but if thats what your into then do what you wish.

3. RHI

RHI Big Dog

just shows how pictures can be decieving, he weighs 56 pounds.....the dog on the site, i'm sure weighs 80 pounds knowing the lines.....it seems half the time unless having seen a dog in person or knowing the lines, you never know if it's the actual weight or people going alittle over board...thanks for not bashing reuger :)

4. RHI

RHI Big Dog

as I said, I do not know them, only the breeders of their adults.....

I'm into a dog thats balanced and one that can function, I am not into overdone dogs by any means...their are supposed to be althletic....I love the breed and love all types, ( NOT OVER DONE ) or sloppy....I do not like the ones that "look " like it can't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag.......I may show AKC and UKC , but believe me, I know what this breed is supposed to be....starting out with ADBA dogs almost 30 years ago, I felt we had some pretty good knowledgable mentors & friends,.....

5. RHI

RHI Big Dog

Heres a picture I took of a bitch I liked T & P Needham had years ago on one of our visits with them, Jessops Pitfall

Attached Files:

6. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I would have said the previously posted dog was like 45-50, but he is still not what an APBT should look like. I've had 55-65 pound game bred dogs whose chest where not at wide as his.

7. RHI

RHI Big Dog

HE'S UKC registered and bred....believe it or not, still has great movement and agile.... try and remember / notice, the picture is a close up of him and they always seem to look bigger.....

8. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

BigPapa, Loyaltykennels sell garbage. The people here, for the most part, admire and breed athletic American Pit Bull Terriers that are kept up to the original standard. The breeders of dogs such as LoyaltyKennels have thrown that standard out the window a long time ago.
    If big blues are your thing, you should look into a kennel that health tests and has temperment testing done on all of it's dogs. The reason behind this is, these types of dogs, that are bred for looks, tend to have more health and temperment issues than dogs that are bred for a purpose other than looks. Such as game bred dogs. Please don't get a dog that has the potential of being a future news showcase.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2005
  9. I agree. While we cannot stop you from buying, we can guide you to a less potential danger. We get concerned when the "public" buys dogs for looks without considering the potential dangers such as human attacks. These dogs require a lot of exercise (meaning every day and in all weather conditions). If you do not have time for a dog with energy, buy yourself a breed that is content on relaxing on the sofa all the time. I work my dog every day no matter what. There may be a thunderstorm, a blizzard, or it may be hot as hell but he must get his due conditioning. This is the only way our dogs are happy.

10. RHI

RHI Big Dog

This is actually hilarious, as you know, bad tempermaents can come from AKC , UKC, & ADBA Registered dogs & mutts, I know this from personal expieriance.....To say these dogs have bad temperments without knowing the lines is Rediculous, sorry, bad seeds in EVERY Registry....also, MOST of those dogs are Health Tested, I will agree that it seems, ADBA / Gamebred dogs might have less Health issues, we never seemed to have a problem with ours, but is that because they actually have less health problems ? or is it because we never Health tested so we never knew? also, as I already mentioned, dogs being shown in AKC and UKC have to have good temperments, otherwise how can a judge go over them ? they can't so they would be excused...not easy to deal with a man biter in the [] either. These dogs were bred to have excellent temperments, easier to deal with, should'nt matter what registry, We put down a dog with a bad tempermant, also know of other people, so no, in MOST cases, a Responsible breeder is going to do that & it is not acceptable...Why do you think were in this mess right now ? Iresponsible owners....people that have no clue about these dogs and have no buisness owning them....if your going to have a man biter, keep it at home in/ on a proper secure set up and hopefully you have the knowledge and expieriance to beable to control it. I also have said and agree, they are like night and day, if you want the true APBT, and want a True working dog, nothing beats a gamebred dog, AKC and UKC registered dogs are definetly for show, thats what they were bred for.....2 totally differant things....in my opinion, the novice should actually start out with a UKC dog to see actually if they can handle that first, if they can't, they certainly can't control or handle a Gamebred dog....to much dog & have no buisness having them...their awesome dogs in the right hands but not everyone can handle that kind of responsibility....I know accidents can happen but these days, theirs NO room for mistakes with this breed, and it's because of lack of knowledge, no common sence , idiots & irresponsible people were going to ultimitly loose these dogs....enjoy them while you can....I personally love this breed, each having differant reasons, does'nt matter what type, size etc. it's whats inside, A dog with a heart , drive and willingness to please, the ultimate dog, .....

sorry but for the person who's dogs choking on food, as you know, thats NOT Normal & most always a reason for things, my dogs get chicken on their food every night and they never choke or wolf down food......either the dog " Thinks " he's hungry, or he IS, or, He's not getting enough out of his food or maybe somethings preventing him from getting proper nutrition, could be parasites, maybe not .....or something more serious, sounds as if he's having alittle trouble swallowing also.....who knows, good luck...

anyway, go on with the bashing, lol I won't be posting on this topic anymore.....

11. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

wait so..........which pitbull is the real pitbull

12. RHI

RHI Big Dog

I rest my case.....

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Why are you so devoted to big dogs and now it has to say ''pitbull''. These dogs arent accesorries and name shouldnt mean a thing. Hell, half the people walking down the street with a dog and claim its a ''pit'' wouldnt know a true APBT if it licked em in the face. And to RHI-I agree that bad dogs are were you find them, and that show breeders will cull a dog like game breeders will. These are both people who work their dogs in some way who have the steady tempermant dogs. Thus working this breed (after all it is a WORKING BREED DOG!) is what every owner needs to do and then cull if unnecessary traits show. RHI I also dont have a problem with amstaffs, they serve the purpose they were bred for, the problem I have is people breeding staffs and calling them ''pits'' or even mixingwhat they have, but honesty has gone out the window now-days in favor of money and reputation!

14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Any kennel that breeds dgos away from the breed standard, breeds dogs & sells way more than it keeps (if they even keep any puppies), breeds dogs & has more than 1 litter a year to sell, breeds dogs to make mortgage/electricity/even dog food payments, breeds dogs just b/c they can, is a BAD kennel & is a disgrace to the breed, to the dogs they own, & to the human race in general (since they're making a living off an innocent 4 legged animal instead of getting a job themselves). These people need to be shut down & have all their dogs removed. Just b/c they feed the breeding dogs & say that they "love" them doesn't mean doodly squat. The people & their kennel are nothing more than trash. Trash, trash, trash, trash, trash.

15. RHI

RHI Big Dog

What standard would that be ? ADBA ? There not ADBA dogs, also, I for one DO NOT live off my dogs, Never have and Never will....if you want to call 11 litters in 30 years over breeding, whatever...thats not many IMO....

16. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

You know I have met some of the people on this forum. Some of the things they say and do in here doesn't really reflect what they really do and think outside of this forum. They are terrified to post a ped or a pic for fear it may not "be the standard." Too much hypocrisy goes on in here. Whiskey just posted a pic of a big chested dog and because she is "Whiskey" everyone made over the dog as if it were something special. Nothing against her or her dogs, they are very impressive, I'm just using her for an example. I thought it was a beautiful dog, my point is...BALANCE. We are showing it is ok for some and not ok for others. Because of status or whatever. There are those who come in here because of its awesome format, easy navigation and all the incredible information in here. The things one can learn in here makes it the best forum by far than any on the net about our breed. However, all the bashing that goes on seems to throw just a tad bit of odor on the whole forum. After we have just cleaned our house and have candles burning, and there is such a sweet fragrance in the air, it can be ruined with just one small piece of doggy poop that I track in on my feet. Same thing with the forum, we all have a right to our opinion but when our opinion is given in such a derogative way, (bashing, charactor assasination, etc.) it tends to hurt the good. I have one of these Gaff bred dogs, it belongs to my son. Hey, it's not my cup of tea so...I DON"T DRINK OUT OF IT!!!! I have game dogs, I love my game dogs, will probably always have game dogs, if my wife and son want to have an AmStaff, so be it, they actually have 4. I can't complain because I have far more gamedogs. I feel like I have the right to preach a little here because I'm not a breeder, don't want to be, I hate messin with puppies, I like to see these guys do what they enjoy doing. Take a hog down, dig out varmints such as Armadillos, ground hogs, fox, etc. But this is still America, and the truth be known. We are still free to do as we please, even if we are screwing up in someone elses eyes as we do it. :) BLA BLA BLA...I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2005
    PADogman likes this.
  17. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Couldnt have said it any better.Nice post

18. RHI

RHI Big Dog

good point, Thank You
    is'nt that funny the way things work, it works the same way on my regular message board I also post on, also, people assume since your first time posters, your new to the Breed....I have seen atleast 3 other posters on this board that also post on my regular message board, I use my same screen name there also, same things iv'e said there, I've said here.....anyone that knows us knows everythings the truth....Never had anything to hide, all our friends we show with know we have had gamebred dogs and who are friends were and are.....one of the first things recommended to us when first started showing AKC was, do not say you showed and had ADBA dogs, so what did we do, we told everyone.....I've made the same bitch on my regular board defending gamebred dogs on more then one occassion, to each their own, all great dogs with differant purposses....It's Really sad how divided everyone is, we can't even get along for what the "PUBLIC" considers the same breed, it's no wonder were loosing....if anyone was curious,

we showed ADBA mostly in the Madera , Fresno area, some friends we showed with and / or knew were My husbands aunt and uncle, D. & S Brown, T. & P. NEEDHAM, T. JESSOP, S. Harris, M. Williams, M. Schaeffer, J. Murphy, P. Allen, B. Webb, B. Black, L & K White, D & E Bybee, A & J Burford/ Greenwood, D. Houston , J Victorino and a couple more very knowledgable people, not sure want mentioned.....maybe a couple names might be framiliar.....

we feel very fortunate to have known these people as some had a wealth of knowledge, between them and life expieriances of 30 years, I feel "somewhat" knowledgable about the breed, always wanting to learn more.....also, the picture of Greenwoods Maroni on his pedigree, I took, also, a few others on pedigrees....."Which I was happy to give".....also have a picture of a male out of Hannibal and Trudy , thats not up....

just curious, was this the welcome you were talking about for Newbies? lol

you guys need a Bull N Bark forum, lol

19. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Damn Straight!!!

20. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

Good post Jawbones!!!!