1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

loyalty kennels

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Big Papa, Jul 28, 2005.

1. RHI

RHI Big Dog

Thank You .....

2. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

few i was kinda scared to say way to go until i saw all of yall saying that whew

3. RHI

RHI Big Dog

as I said, we do not breed Amstaffs to UKC Dogs, as far as calling them Pit bulls, "We"call them what they are, However, if showing an Amstaff UKC to obtain a UKC ( Another) Championship title , they have to be duel registered which would mean, "UKC" then calls them a APBT.....The reason we show both is just to put another title on a dog, it's a hobby to us and nothing more......and actually enjoy showing because we love to socialize.....

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

actually RHI, the first part of that post wasnt directed at you, it was to "Big Papa" and the end, I wasnt saying you were doing such things, I was saying I have no problem with amstaffs if people admit thats what they are and dont mix with APBT's.......not saying thats what you do, just stating thats my opinion on it. Hope this clears things up.

5. RHI

RHI Big Dog

This is supposed to be a place where you can come and learn and ask questions without feeling intimidated....You need to do whats best for you, no one else, if your looking for a high drive working dog , in MOST cases ( AS A WHOLE) , it would be gamebred lines ADBA registered, if you want a Pit Bull, with not as much drive and working ability or determination, closer to a regular dog, I would recommend a UKC registered Pit Bull Terrier....however, you can still get a dog that is alittle hotter in both AKC and UKC just depends on the dog....They are 2 Totally differant dogs in the mind, ALL should have good temperments,,,,,,just depends whats good for you, good luck with whatever you decide...

6. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

Love the dogs on the website. Nice and stocky.

7. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

But the Price is crazy. No thanks. Im not rich.

8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Not that I agree with any statement here, I just think bashing is different than good ol fun, im the first one to say a funny comment or pull a leg, maybe even the first to be kinda an ass.... but you CAN tell im playing, some just have paper skin and wanna buck up when they cant tell the difference, others really feel attacked... Bashing here seems to be more directed by the people who "parrot talk" about the things they see some people write and then decide to write the same things when they see them again... to show what they learned, I guess at least it teaches some, but the first time you posted something that someone jumped on you for didnt you feel dumb, so what is it a eye for an eye to jump on another the same way?? So imagine how they feel...Im usually an ass in threads about breeding and puppies etc, or making dogs muscular or buff or whatever, but the bashing needs to be done in PMs where it does not assaninate any 1 persons identity or character...remember were not all here for the same reasons, some know more and less than others some people here show, some pull some get drunk every night and just look around cussing...(me) but we are all a family here and being openly derogatory and crude really only shows the need for us all to want to be seen as knowledgable and helpful, so lets be that way in the right concept of thought and just answer normally with no sarcasm, unless its a real bad post and needs to be poked at equally by everyone...lol...lmao.

9. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Are you referring to my previous post?
    If so, it wasn't in regards to show dogs, UKC dogs, or AKC dogs. It is in regards to the kennel that Big Papa posted (dogs that are bred for nothing more than their personal benefit, not the dogs). Obviously, this breeder cares nothing for the health of the animal. Which leaves me to conclude that he probably doesn't care about temperment either.
    I never bashed on Amstaffs and so on. I was clearly comparing this kennel and the like to true APBT. I said nothing negative about well bred show dogs. Why do you think that I recomended him to look for a health and temperment tested dog?

10. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

that is because the "game" bred apbt is a working dog and working dogs with health issues rarely pass the working dog tests..

once you start breeding for size, or looks you simply add more chances of defects like hips, thyroid, etc ( theres even one in the front legs.. cant remember the exact name but its found in english bulldogs agmonst other bully type breeds) because you are trying to acheive something the breed wasnt intended for

what ever ones opibions on the Bully breed mag put out by dog fancy, it is interesting to know that on page 87 they list 3 health concerns for the APBT while listing 8 for the Am Staff .. hmmmm one show, one go..

11. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm sorry you took this personally. My statement wasn't directed at you in any way. When I said "you" & meant in general. Sorry for that misunderstanding.

As for the standard, an American Pit Bull Terrier should be held to the ADBA (or as we all prefer, the working) standard, definitely not the UKC standard which prefers 90lbs of short muscle bound dogs that resemble the Am. Staff. dogs. The American Staffordshire Terrier should be held to it's OWN AKC standard as it is now it's own breed & should NOT be crossed back into APBT lines. That's my beliefs & they will never change.

And I'll let everyone know something right now. I LIKE AmStaffs! I think there are many a beautiful ones out there. One day we would like to get one. However, like I said, they are no longer the APBT that we all know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2005
  12. RHI

RHI Big Dog

Well, not sure about that but, the gene pool is small with the Amstaffs unfortunatly , and most are Health testing.....also, I agree, Reguardless of Registry, their is a standerd that should be followed, they should appear what they were originally bred for...look as if they could perform the task they were originally bred for if needed....Well balanced, Athletic etc. NOT over done .....Most UKC and AKC breeders do try to keep to the standerd as best possible, show people anyway, just in most cases, they tend to run alittle bigger in those Registries....does'nt mean by any means it's better, just the way it seems to be....the sizes & types vary somewhat depending on lines, same as with gamebred dogs.....Also, Show people know their dogs faults, just because someone might be showing a certain dog, it does'nt mean by any means they think their dogs perfect, every dog has faults, or something you might want to change, no perfect dog...Nice overall is what you hope for.....as far as one show and one go, I agree, as I've said many times, Know one needs to try and convince me how Awesome gamebred dogs are, I already know this, I also feel theirs nice looking gamebred dogs, Nothing nicer & more impressive then a well conditioned APBT....

13. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Well, I believe the point of this thread was Loyalty Kennels and in my opinion they are not breeding APBT's. Come on 130 pound males.

14. RHI

RHI Big Dog

Scotsman, where are you getting 130 pound males from ? theirs 2 differant kennel links on here, 1 I posted, thinking it was that kennel he was talking about, the other one posted was the one he was talking about....http://www.loyaltykennels.net

I personally have seen the dogs in the first 3 generations top and bottom of the pedigree, of the bitch posted on their site & does not look 67 pounds...her sire lives 30 minutes from my house, her dam 60 minutes.....Her sire is very broad in the chest & weighs approx. 83-85 pounds.....My husband put his last 2 legs on him to obtain his grch. title so very framiliar with the dog...his owner a Breeder / judge also already knows his fault, but he consistantly throughs champions and nice dogs so if you competitively show, would be silly not to breed him....she also has a littermate brother to him that is a totaly differant type...with her being a breeder judge, I can tell you she tries to stay within the standerd of whats winning and being shown UKC....and her dogs do ALOT of winning...she has some very nice dogs, her dogs can vary in size and type like anyone elses...the cinnamon bitch, in pedigree, his dam is actually on the smaller side....people are going to breed type that is winning, I actually saw a lady excused from the ring last year with an ADBA dog by 2 differant judges, because that is not the type their looking for.....same with taking a UKC dog to an ADBA show, not type their looking for , Really depends what type & dog your showing as far as which reg. to show in....so if you show a certain Registry, you have to go with what the judges like and want to see....The male on these peoples site, knowing the lines would be around 85 pounds....pictures can be so decieving , depending on how close picture was taken etc. also, some pictures can either make a dog look better or worse then what they really are....and when you have the bigger the better mentality, some don't post honest weights & give approx. weights...UKC dogs and AKC dogs anymore, you can hardly tell the differance their so similar in type...but both registries can still vary in size and type depending on line....As you know, depending on lines in ADBA / gamebred dogs, sizes can also really vary.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2005
  15. RHI

RHI Big Dog

No Problem........:) I totally understand everyones Frustration....

16. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

very very cool

17. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

say what???

18. RHI

RHI Big Dog

What are you wondering

19. RHI

RHI Big Dog

hello Mister, lol whats the question ? or comment, if your referring to sizes varying, they do, as you know, if it's something else, please specify.......thanks.....

20. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

oh ok you werent talking game dogs you were talking about something else, I heard show and breeding in the same sentence and had trouble understanding after that?