1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

luckiest opening day of white tail season

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by catchkennels, Dec 11, 2013.

1. I will never again in my life come across an opportunity like i did this year. My family has a small piece of land that butts up to a high fence with elk on it. There is a creek that runs directly into the high fence and every year it floods and washes out the fence inside of the creek. This year we had a bad enough flood to knock down a couple miles of fence. This is what i got on Saturday and Sunday of opening weekend. There is no season on them where i'm from so it was free game. Wont need to buy meat for a while.

Attached Files:

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That's awesome. Congrats. That's a lot of meat.

3. Thanks. It is a lot. Almost too much for the freezers.

4. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Congrats, looks like fun!

5. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Congrats! Good eating for you and the dogs. Plus pieces of ivory to boot.

6. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Send any extra this way catch!! Nice ones!!!

7. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Damn you weren't lying man, you are LUCKY!!

8. Was a blast. My belly is happy, dog bellies are happy, and even the wife is happy with the ivory around her neck and in her ears.

9. old goat

old goat CH Dog

did you kill both of them in 1 day ?

10. No. The wide one was on Saturday morning of opening weekend, and the other one was on Sunday morning. This makes two years in a row i killed an exotic on a low fence. Last year was a fallow buck, and this year two big @$$ elk. I still haven't shot a white tail buck though!!

11. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Aint that a bitch! lol

12. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

Man, that'll last a while...Nice job!

13. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

I bet the neighbor was none to happy. Lol but that is the chance u take. Couple good elk.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

14. I don't think they cared. Haliburton bought the ranch about a year ago to build a test facility on. They bought it more for the land than they did the elk. The only ppl that werent happy were the jealous ones.