1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Male not showing any interest in female in heat??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kalenhcc, Nov 13, 2013.

1. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

I'm trying to breed a male of a friend who has bred a few other bitches to my bitch who has never been bred and he just isn't showing much interest in her. Ive tried holding her still for him and he just sniffs around her and goes about his way. Any suggestions??

2. APBT@10

APBT@10 Banned

For humans The vitamin Zinc is helpful for drive , Might work well for male dog also.
    But gosh 99% to 100% if a bitch is in heat even a altered dog shows interest.
    To be blunt, a male of any species could have a form of ED ?

Still a well used male knows the deal and generally knows when not to bother
    a bitch in strong heat will just stay in stance and wait , with all due respect to some bitches that don't cooperate.
    if it's just this one female, the male might know some thing you don't.

3. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

That's kind of what I was thinking... he acts like he wants to mount her he just wont make it happen... Ill give it a couple days and see what happens.

4. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

At what day of the cycle is she now?

5. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

eight or nine

6. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Too early, shes probably not ready yet. Is she flagging?

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

come in 7 days,bleed 7 days,breed 7 days...some may differ..Id say 9th day too early for her..she should be bleeding.

8. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

her discharge should be a pinkish color when she's ready.

9. `I agree also, she just isnt ready yet.If you still have no luck even in the time frame when she should be ready (flagging) and you REALLY need to do this breeding now(limited time with male or old age)I suggest look up your closest university.I have done this myself here in Fl at UF,there they have many students that need to learn, the best vets and teachers who can usually take a direct sample from the male and inseminate your female.Best of all its all done for free!! I would highly reccomend any breeding problems you have to get the help at a university, simply because they use the BEST equipment and medicine today and there will be many students who can benefit from this hands on, and nobody will tell you not to breed, bla bla... Instead they will thank you for allowing them to learn with your animals.

10. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

Ive had this happen before, i was under the assumption the mle was gay. did research and saw some shit about 50% of dogs are gay. Now that i think of it it happened twice. One male would mount males but my my bitch who was basically backing it up to him. i though sumthin was wrong wit my bitch. lol

11. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

Haha - I don't believe that 50% of dogs are gay. I think some dogs are very able to determine when a bitch is ready to breed, and won't try until they sense it's time.

12. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

But the next day my backup hopped right on her in no time. she was ready and so was i.
    from wikipedia

13. old goat

old goat CH Dog

if she's ready and he won't mount her put him on her and do it for him . lol once he feels good he's going to do his job . but she needs to be flagging . or you can buy her a hot dress and put some high heals on her .

14. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

lol old goat, I've seen that done as well. Once you get used to touching the pink thing after it slips out the first 80 times it should work. It getting the male into it wad the issue, when it slipped out his interest slipped as well.

15. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

LMAO I was going to say this OG. We've had dogs that just want to do other things. We just muzzle them and give them a helping hand. they finish the job from there. hahaha

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

I'm trying to breed a male of a friend who has bred a few other bitches to my bitch who has never been bred and he just isn't showing much interest in her. Ive tried holding her still for him and he just sniffs around her and goes about his way. Any suggestions
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    did you travel to your friend with your bitch ...?.
    or your friend came with his male to your yard ??

17. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..too early ,,few more days...then get the rubber glove on...lol..^^^^^some have great experience of the hand ^^^^^^^^lol..

18. old goat

old goat CH Dog

some dogs aren't ready to breed at 9-14 days so it all depends on what your looking at . but you can go to the pharmacy and get the tape to touch her and see if the tape says she's ready . it's what women can use .

19. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

He brought the male to my yard and left him for a few days I take him back in two days.

20. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

They hooked tonight I was trying to early but it all worked out tonight 12th day of her cycle... Thanks for all the input and help though guys hopefully well have a healthy bunch