1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Male Vs Female

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Ninety-Nine, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

two conditioned ones, 45 on point vs 46.5 with a full belly that 1.5 isn't going to make too big a difference considering both aren't complete wastes of space.

As far as the male/female thing. Dogs don't have the ability to rationalize "oh this is a girl so I better go harder so my buddies don't make fun of me" a male may take it easier because he'd rather breed than fight at the time or he may hit her as hard as anything else because as far as he's concerned if it doesn't stand upright its fair game. The females are the ones that'll usually hit regardless which is why they usually have to be ducktaped and hogtied to get a good stick.

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

it depends what is called. if it was 45 then you will most likely have to pay for being over. and might not even show. nobody wants that. if the 45 is 56 chain weight & the 46.5 is 52 chain weight in a long one who do you think has the advantage? when the stakes are high you don't want to give up anything. it's too complex for me to explain the physics behind it but each lb gets multiplied. there's a explanation of it on howthingswork.com in great detail. catchweight things like that happend all the time & 9/10 good big beats good small. if you believe the 1.5 ain't going to make a difference best of luck at the wrestling turny's.

3. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well limey if a daughter of tonka means it's watered down then i guess it is . and the blood still produces . fastlane here means no giving up weight .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
  4. old goat

old goat CH Dog

lol ben i agree with you .

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Exactly what I said earlier, it all depends on a number of different variables. As far as wrestling tourneys go, someone weighing 141 vs 142.5 that shit isn't going to make a diff more times than not.

6. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Old Goat:well limey if a daughter of tonka means it's watered down then i guess it is . and the blood still produces . fastlane here means no giving up weight :

This is taken out of contexst and you know it. Knowing Tonka Dogs is a hell of a lot diferend then knowing ore owning a Tonka daughter ore son..
    also your statemend of questioning the quality of a bigger dog loosing of a smaller dog is a ignorend statemend as wel.
    ""why"" couldend the smaller dog be sutch a outstanding dog that just beat a Big dog of quality????.( plenty of Boxers did it in the past Like sugar ray robinson the best boxer that ever lived, and he was beat bij a smaller boxer called Carmen Basilico)

In saying so you question some of the the beter known animals in history, including animals this famely have put out, at the same time some of the lesser ones from that famely, Like a Bitch called Flakey http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=98816 who was a triple inbred Nelis Rom daughter and actualy brood stok. beat and quit Betty jo the mother of GRCH Bandjo and GRCH BB Red.
    Flakey was actualy put in with Tug Rom 9 years old afther 4 litters to see if she was up to par. in the brain departmend she was there but fisical she was a rag doll. so i heard.
    Never the less Bobby Hall and Danny Burton where comenting she was the best Bitch in Texas!!.. I gues in you mind its imposible for a smaller animal thats able to push weight to be a outstanding animal and ore the bigger animal isend a good one if they loose from a smaller animal. Kinda one sighted dont you think.. Sins Tug Gave up a full 7 LBS in her 2,19 show... and compleatly blew tru Flakey in less then 10,who i her show beat and quit Betty Jo............. I rest my case and agree to disagee with you.

Also Having a ecstra lbs of fat means PURE energy. carbrohydrates only last for 20,25 min and produce a hell of a lot lactic asit. a dog like every mamal caries 3 fuels/ Enery sourses in there system .
    the first ones used are the carbs, afther they are used up the body needs to switch over to FAT.
    with is a more slower release energy sours BUT dilivers mutch more kalories.
    IF a dog thussend have FAT the body is going to switch over to PROTIEN.
    and like any other mamal in the world . Organs muscles flesh and the brain are maily build out of Protien!!. Cut douwn the fat to mutch and your animal is in a world that heurts during win loose ore draw afther a long one .
    Animals who cary a lbs of Exstra Fat wil get better and better as time gose on while the skin dry bag of bones gets worcer and slips and fade of quiker.

Also catch weight contests start at 53 lbs above that weight dogs tent to get worcer and worcer, as big animals of quality are harder to find. Hensh the rezen you can Judge the real producing potentional of a individual famely bij judgeing the quality of the bigger animals . we only have to look at the great BIG animals of the past dogs like Tudors Jeff Alligator Malonys Toot Butcher Boy ecetera ecetera....

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Never the less Bobby Hall and Danny Burton where comenting she was the best Bitch in Texas!!..
    damn that's funny . and i know both . catch weight does'nt start a 53 lbs . only if you can't find the weight . i've had tonka blood back in the 80's and still got it today .

8. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

You know what is Funny Old goat you never come up with facts just a couple of lines with nothing.then start a small pissing contest.
    So you know both huh like hunderds of others do!!!. are you close enoughf to bobby to have slept in his house in bobbys bed in silk pyjamas, where you close enoughf that your on the cuver of his book !!.because your not the only one who knows people wat ever thats supost to mean ore ad to this topic,!!!! but hey il go along..NOW Unless history is compleatly wrong 53 lbs is where catsh weight starts!!!.
    About tonka blood we had it sins the eurly 80s as wel, you care of sharing with us!!. i wil. this dog was owend bij my wife http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=40102 this ped of one of our bred dogs that gose back 8 generations hase some of that eurly stuf in there http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=191970 http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=191970 this male was umongst us as wel out of jansens Angel http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=191970 later sold of. the list is longer but you get the point.But al this hase nothing to do with the fact that your wrong in your comend about with giving up weight, rather then being compleatly ignorend about it, and being wrong in your judgemend.

9. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well you can sleep in his bed but not me . and you know what i'm talking about . bobby full of shit most of the time . catchweight only started at 53 if you don't know where to look for the weight . and no i don't show peds . they have nothing to do with the dogs . they know where they came from . and i don't get the point peds don't make the dog . and your list does'nt mean nothing to me . you think bobby and danny would give up that much weight hell no .

10. Bones1

Bones1 Big Dog

Guess it depends on what your in the game for , fortune or fame and last but surly not least the dogs. I would rather collect a fore fit and give a few pounds up to a dog than look across @ a F per 76' of course.

11. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Hahahah Never said i did sleep in his bed!!!, and YOU know what IM talking about, and yes Bobbys name is Bobby bull shit hall but that wassend the thing right!!.
    It thussend matter how you interperter it, Catsh weight starts at 53lbs!!!. Giving up weight was done on regulair bases and plenty of of famous oldtimers did it. its not stupid. IF you know WHAT your doing.
    you dont show peds, and they have nothing to do with dogs (thats a first).( and i don't get the point peds don't make the dog !!) have you ever considerd that in some cases the dogs make the peds!!!.Old Goat If you make statemends then at least for the sake of credebilety and argumend ""back them up"".

Bones1 your in there for the love of the breed. the rest is BS never heard of a man that made his fortune. it only costs money , blood swet and tears and the payback is minimum, in the sense of eufory. people must be crazy to fool around with these dogs.

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

why is it called catchweight? because it's whatever weight a fella catches at a show.

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

WTF? You comparing humans to bulldogs? LOL. I seen ya pic man you look stoned LOL.

14. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Best answer right there , simple and too the point.

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Not comparing, but if your sayin animals don't caryy some of the same hormones that's humans do (example estrogen n testosterone) that u need to get your noodles checked. Maybe different levels maybe different dna n shit, but they're still there. Don't forget humans are still considered mammals as far as genetic makeup.

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Ur right I am high most of the time! Lol

17. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

LOL, you contradicting your self, you say your not comparing humans to bulldogs yet your examples are comparing them, you been hanging around ben brockton too much laced LOL.

It all depends what perspective you are looking through, the less bullshit you have on your eyes the clearer it is too see the truth LOL.

18. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Ben catsh weights starts at weight levels were its hard to find the right weight for competition, as mentiond befor big dogs of quality are hard to find, not so from 52 lbs and less!!!. sure you can catsh weight at any lighter weight but that is not likely to happend.
    its ment for the heavyweights . also the bigger a dog gets above 53 lbs the worcer they get(witch ecseptions) ..chek Alligators uponends out.

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

if you believe that well that's on you. next time TDK & IM are on feel free to ask them lol.

20. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Ben why should i ask anybody!!. As thats what hase been discribed in books and in our eurly days told to us bij people like jack Kelly ecetera. Sure everybody can interpeteur it the way they whant to. like the defenition of a cur. and ore canjun rules. ecetera. http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?62651-Chain-Weight-Conditioned-Weight-Catch-Weight

http://www.game-dog.com/showthread.php?t=39049&page=1
    http://www.game-dog.com/showthread.php?t=37715&page=1
    http://www.game-dog.com/showthread.php?t=30152&page=1
    http://www.game-dog.com/showthread.php?t=22305&page=1