1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Male Vs Female

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Ninety-Nine, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"The next match for Alligator was in the Big League at one of Maurice’s big ten match shows. He went in as a definite underdog, going into Bryant, males fifty eight pounds" with NO catchweight agreement ...................."His next match was into a dog called Jack at catch weight" notice the catchweight agreement lol. same dog being alligator one match was @ catchweight & one match was @ 58. like i said it's the blind leading the blind with what your saying.........................."who let anyone know they did ben" YOU DID this post is in this thread. "And i gues LK Tug Rom was the most famouse bitch that woopt a male!! called Dilenger. Alto a Staff/Pit cross and a 2xw. he had a 7lbs weight advantage".

2. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

The general terminology of catch weight is any weight, but In bulldogs its done at anything over 52lbs and up. The reason for that is the higher the weight the lesser the percentages matter. Here is a extreme example, for a 2lbs rat vs. another rat at 2.1lbs, just that .1 makes a big difference since the weights are so small, but to a elephant that .1 wont matter as much as it would the rat due to the elephant being at a way higher weight ratio.

I think Naus sort of touched up on this in one of his posts, if I remember correctly lol.

Funny how this person mentioned TDK, yet the only person I see absorbing and grasping TDK's knowledge is Naus.

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

LMAO you think tdk made up catchweight. you obvious didn't read mayday or alligator match reports post i posted. any weight get multiplied rally racer posted the physics behind it in a thread. good try though.

4. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

WTF? Who said I think TDK made up catchweight? LOL....I dont read non ya post ben they is all jibberish LOL, I didnt even read rally racers post, i bet you think rally racer knew that before me huh? LMAO.

5. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Ben again ANY dog ABOVE 53 lbs is considerd a CATCHWEIGHT DOG. Reguardless if they are shown at the same weight ore not when meeting up!!!!!.
    using the the catsh ""weight"" agreemend ore not when agreed , hase nothing to with the fact that any dog above 53 lbs is a ""catch weight dog"".

At a GIVEN weight in this breed of dogs, weight( at 53lbs called catsh weight) thussend seem to matter that mutch, AND will work AGAINST a heavyer dog.
    History and ecsperience wil teatch you that the bigger a dogs get(above 53 lbs) in this breed the lower the quality becomes.
    This is the rule rather then the ecseption.
    HENS the rezen why 53 lbs was choosen as the starting weight where quality drops of. and called ""Catch weight"" dogs.

Hensh the rezen why most dogs at 53lbs and up give up3/4/5/ 7 lbs and are voctories ecetera. The ""ecseptions"" umongst these ""bigger"" animals are dogs like alligator mayday and sutch, who dispite there big size stil posest the qualty smaller dogs had.
    And when facing a uponend from who they KNEW wassend a sloutch himself .( in the catsh weight division) it was is agreed upon to show at the same weight. to make sure the ods in that departmend was even......... This thussend change the fact that every dog from 53 lbs and up is a catsh weight dog...

as for multiplication of weight .witch is tru upto a sirtin point. behond that it hase no ground ore merrit.
    why dont we see larger faster bigger animals in the animal king dom, why dont we see cheeta,s being 20 inches taller and longer, then they are today(ore greyhounds) and be faster!!!.
    teoreticly the cheeta would have a larger stride and would be able to cuver more ground faster!!.
    unfortunatly the laws of fisics and nature prevend animals like that to grow bigger and larger to be faster and sucsesfull.
    same why a elepfant cant runn and why a Giraff has reatchst its peak hight in what is evolutioner posible, Same why there are Mutch more smaller dogs of quality in our breed. then big dogs..... same why large and tall people get slower are lesser strong and less durable, and died young..
    At a given weight WEIGHT wil work AGAINST you!!!!!!!!!!!! the starting point in our breed where weight is going to work against the dogs is 53 lbs............ from that weight and up quality drops of rapitly.....

AS for .........................."who let anyone know they did ben" YOU DID this post is in this thread. "And i gues LK Tug Rom was the most famouse bitch that woopt a male!! called Dilenger. Alto a Staff/Pit cross and a 2xw. he had a 7lbs weight advantage.......

yes thats tru BUT your ASUMING something that hassend been said!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is a historicel fact about a bitch that lived in 1982, and being talkt about and put in varius magazines from the past. I myself had nothing to do with that bitch never owned her just brought that forward as it was askt........................

6. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"ANY dog ABOVE 53 lbs is considerd a CATCHWEIGHT DOG." limy 57 may be chainweight & 47 might be the natural pitweight that it's shown. ant that dog wouldn't ever be considered a catchweight dog. the size of the dog has nothing to do with the quality of the dog. that's the same as saying brindle dogs are better quality then red dogs. apbt over 50 pitweight is the exception because there small dogs to begin with. "why dont we see cheeta,s being 20 inches taller and longer" because they don't need to be. "(ore greyhounds) and be faster" them dogs are faster today then 50 years ago. " Giraff has reatchst its peak hight in" the russians already explained that years ago. "there are Mutch more smaller dogs of quality in our breed. then big dogs" that's because these are small dogs to begin with. if you start with 40's & breed to 30's odds are you get 30's & 40's with exceptions of bigger dogs. " same why large and tall people get slower are lesser strong and less durable, and died young" watch a few nba & nfl games & let me know if you feel the same. "At a given weight WEIGHT wil work AGAINST you" weight is weight & physics still apply. good big beats good small 9/10 times at any weight. if that wasn't true you'd see 36 going into 47.

7. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

limey ...i don't know wether i am reading your post wrong but dillenger was a staff not a staff / pit cross

8. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i was going to question that point too ?

9. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

10. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Rumour hase it that dillenger wassend a real pure bred as he lookt to mutch like a old type dog... if not more respect to him !!!.

11. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

he was supposed to be a show bred stafford out of pj's stock ...but as you say a good un !!

12. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

there was an article about him in the pbn limey

13. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

I know !!!!!! got them all... he Dillenger was something els acording to T.Goldey.

14. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

why the explanation marks ? just thought i'd point it out so you could have a look .

15. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

exclamation marks ....my spelling has never been that good lol... and you don't get long to edit it on here lol

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i guess if EH believe all black dogs are curs & you believe "small" dogs are better quality well i believe your both full of shit. there's a thing call conformity & that's why most gamebred dogs fall into the standard size 28-50lb. dogs are different so you got to work them differentially sometimes. lots of reason why they can run hot & lots of reason why they quit because they will quit at 33 same as they quit at 53. you can't put the blame on the family because man is the biggest factors behind the dogs. about the cat's there's plenty of cat's bigger then cheeta that run down pray. sure supplement help grayhounds performance but so don't selective breeding. juice up a shit bred grayhounds all you want it ain't going to be any better then a well bred grayhound. the dogs got smaller with the infustion of terror blood & inbreeding. yes 3 times small ones because of conformity.

17. blueboy

blueboy Big Dog

Catchweight always meant both side's could bring in their dog's at any weight for a contest not at a specified weight.

Dillenger was 100% Staffordshire Bull terrier, a typical looking Staff nothing like the old type. A game plug at best.

18. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

ben brockton: i guess if EH believe all black dogs are curs & you believe "small" dogs are better quality well i believe your both full of shit. there's a thing call conformity & that's why most gamebred dogs fall into the standard size 28-50lb. dogs are different so you got to work them differentially sometimes. lots of reason why they can run hot & lots of reason why they quit because they will quit at 33 same as they quit at 53.

Ben No need to be rude!!!! havend call you a assholle ""yet""!. fact is that bigger dogs of quality are hard to find and thats a fact, go find yourself some old books of champions and compear everyting .
    ore get some big dogs and find out yourself ,..
    .............................................................................................................................!

you can't put the blame on the family because man is the biggest factors behind the dogs.

Thats tru , still you can judge a famelye,s producing quality over the cours of its big dogs the beter the bigger dogs are the more game dogs douwn the line of weight divisions they produce. also ask dogman why they prefear smaller animals..
    ............................................................................................................................
    about the cat's there's plenty of cat's bigger then cheeta that run down pray.

you mean from a amboush!! ore like bigger cats called lions who need to hunt in a pack!!! to be more sucsesfull and have a bigger sirviving rate that way. because they are fisical to slow!!, and ore build to ROUGHF and heavy!!!!!! the cheetah is the ONLY cat that is able to ""chase"" his prey douwn in the open fields.............. al other cats hunt from a Ambush
    ...........................................................................................................................

sure supplement help grayhounds performance but so don't selective breeding. juice up a shit bred grayhounds all you want it ain't going to be any better then a well bred grayhound.

huh was the performance from King Carl Lewis in the 90,s a direct result of beter culling the bad ones out from the time the great Jessy Owens won 4 gold medals in 1936 in Berlin germany???. ore was this a product of beter nutrition suplemends and tranning ??; sure a beter selection proses was there on top of the fact that there are about 100 times more atleigtsh today as there are pitbull terriers then yesterday!!!.
    witch also means that more quality animals are being born.. Fact is that the aces of yesterday would still kick ass at the dogs of today because they show what is fisically posible..
    ..........................................................................................................................
    the dogs got smaller with the infustion of terror blood & inbreeding. yes 3 times small ones because of conformity.

I ""asume"" you mean Terrier blood , witch was mikst in with the Bulldogs.
    Let me tell you that altho 70% of the blood used to cross with the Bulldogs where terrier of ""varius"" breeds in all sizes used for ""diferend"" peurposes there where also Ardale terriers used that weithed in at of 55 lbs!!!, the other 30% where all sorts of other breeds .
    As nearly ""every"" dog that was crossed with the bulldog that would win was used to breed of in those days.
    Even Dalmatiers wipets and greyhounds where used(Hens the black spots in white dogs in our breed and the sometimes wippet looking pitbulls terriers ectera ecetera, You think that the eurly crosses produced SMALL DOGS!!!!.

Dont be rediculess there where LOTS of mutch bigger dogs around, they just found out quikly that the smaller dogs where more suted for there purpose.
    the bulldogs type was just a dog that Hung onto the Bull,s nose doing F..kall but hang in there for dear life.
    his WEIGHT and abilety to hang on ``being in hold``Detirmend how quik the bull was overwon..
    afther the bloodsports of bullbiting was banned they started to fight the bulldogs umongst etchoder these clumsy BIG heavy animals where LESS then spectaculair to watch, till someone came up with the brilliand idea ore mistake that workt out, and the bull and terrier was born!!!!. and belive me they where not small dogs over night!!!!!!!!!!

Also in the world of the Pit Bull Terrier there hase NEVER been a limit to weight range.
    witch in nearly EVER other breed is ditermends and laied out in the breeds standarts in order to diliver maximal performance for the peurpose they are bred for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

History and evolution in the Animal Kingdom has showd us that bigger animals conform to the peurpose of ""what ever"" the breed is supost to do,Is that they woned last!!!!!.
    there for animals that grow bigger loose quality !!!!That its a evolutionairy FACT.

Its also a FACT that this is the rezen why we see more smaller animals suted for that peurpose in the pitbull terrier. because the are FASTER more SPECTACULAIR ez to CONDITION, they tent to be MORE game, and you can feed and keep MORE dogs ecetera ecetera. al this is a direct result why bigger dogs are of lesser quality then smaller dogs.

Its also the rezen why we dont see bigger and longer Cheetas and why we dont see bigger greyhounds,
    Its also the rezen why a breed called Dogo Argentina is compleatly bred to pieces because the idiot from europe have mis understoot the word DOGO for what is known in europe as the DOG breeds like the Danish and german DOG.

this is a molloser type breed
    . the word Dogo means Dog but hase been compleatly taken out of contexst and there for they tought the dogo Argentina was supost to be a bigger breed and a molooser spiecies,.
    hensh they started to put size in that dog .
    Resulting that this breed today is no longer able to HUNT in the bush and Argetine Jungle because they bred him TO BIG!!!!! and he is no longer able to CHASE douwn the Bush Pig because he became to SLUGISH to SLOW and lost his AGILETY and his DURABILETY in the LENGHT of the hunt!!!..............and thats how the cooky crumbels Ben. . i let the people diside and find out for themselfs what to belive i thank you for this argumend!!.It makes a lot clear for a lot of people......

19. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

It cant be worcer then mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............

20. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

when dillenger was matched against an apbt his own size he was picked up in around half an hour, nothing special but better than the majority of staffords simply because they had to pick him up.