1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Man Biter question

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Kuntry, Jun 30, 2010.

1. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yeah keep him,so he will bite yer ass, where is yer logic, explain

2. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Well catch, if I can call you that. I have been raised racing horses, real flighty, free spirited animals, if you trust them you can win...If you don't you are just a mere competitor wasting his time and effort working to train to win that next event... But when you trust an animal and you spend time with one you can easily explain it in person or in front of someone as a goofy ass dog or a killer that needs a bullet. I trust my judgement, I guess I could have had a better choice of words for my first posts but I aint making any excuses for this dog,if he was to bite me he would have done it already is what I am saying.

3. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I know you're being sarcastic, but honestly, you're right. The dog is blue, shows aggression toward it's owner, and hasn't displayed any qualities that make it a desireable representative of the breed. Makes more sense to me to put the F'er down and get another one that meets all the desired traits. Why waste money feeding a blue cur that you can't turn your back on???? Doesn't make any sense.

4. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

He's agile, he listens to commands, he stops when I stop walking. He's not food aggresive, he is almost as fast as my female on the ground which is half his size. He plays as much as the rest and doesn't show any lack of nothing but his place in the pecking order which I have been working withl. And he growled at me a couple times when he thought I might hurt him which I wasn't it was just tension and bad body language which has changed due to this great forum. Now I handle him different and he get's twice the exercise.

5. Sounds selfish to me personally. You got kids involved, it the dog puts his teeth on someone in your family he needs to go because he will probably do it again. If he bites you today, he could bite your kid tomorrow - there is nothing special about a dog that will bite the hand that feeds it.

6. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

keep it from the kids,since you keeping it.im watching a man bitter but no kids,and loves me and his owner but anyone els stay away.if your were he can get ya,your treespasing.its alot of responsibility.and not to be taken lightly.

7. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Well I don't take it lightly, and not to much selfish either the kids are not here much..anyway he ain't bit yet, jsut some growls.

8. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

I went back and read your original post and the conversation that has brought you to this point.

I know you't already getting plenty of well-deserved shit, so I won't add much more.

My feelings are these;
    if you truly knew what to do and how to handle this situation you wouldn't have typed the first post.

I really don't care if the dog bites you or not, but I do share concern for your family and children.

Many of us here have kept or keep man-biting dogs. Dogs are dogs and any dog will a little dignity will bite if pushed enough; whether pushed fairly or unfairly.

Like I said, I've kept iffy dogs. However, the guardian-angel that prevented a child from being attacked by an iffy dog that would never bite me and which I thought I had in control right in my kitchen convinced me that even if I were offered a dog with a ped so perfect it came chiseled on a solid gold tablet, it ate nothing but air every night and shit platinum bricks every morning, and was a proven quintuple grand-champion, I would have to pass.

No dog or ego-trip is worth scars on my kids. We're not talking about race-horses here.

9. they're also DEAD that what dead game means........i dont ever want to see that. pick him up. hell its hard enough to campaign a mutt to Ch. with out him getting beyond repair..........do right by him and give him some pu-tang :dogtongue:

10. hope its you and not the kids:mad:

11. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Highcoast my responses changed along with my attitude as soon as I said I heard enough feedback. I had options ya know dirt nap, behaviourist, 3xthe exercise and discipline to
    let him know his place is not the head of the household, cutting his nuts etc...

12. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

I'm with Bobby and Ben. I would shoot him because like you said, you do have kids and the last thing we need is another pitbull report for him biting someone or killing your kids.

13. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Kuntry, you could always be like Floyd Boudreaux and knock him out with a shovel. Put on some long sleeves and a towl's under the shirt. Push him to the limit and IF he attacks you, beat the hell out of him...get really angry and beat the living shit out him till he can't take it....lol I did it with my female and she stopped real quick. There is a thing that causes dogs brains to swell or gives them headaches like humans. Maybe a simple trip to the vet will determine what is wrong. I know you said you have had enough info but with a situation like this, take all the advice you can get.

14. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Dunlap 1 thanks man I am still taking advice, vet sounds like an option too!

15. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

I agree wholeheartedly, with this statement. Although some of the shit you've said is a bit off the wall.

16. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

only pootang round here is my little black dog and shes coming in heat. Ya'll advised me not to breed him now I need to get him some puss.

17. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Take him to the vet. Let him decide what is best. I would suggest one that you know. I have 2 vets I go to, Doc Buttler and Doc Sharp. Like you said about horses, there high strung. Dogs aren't any different and they mean well but sometimes them being aggressive means there trying to tell you something. I know when I get hurt or I'm in pain, I get pissed off at the world and anyone who stands in my way. One thing is were did you hit him with the door? Were did you grab him when he was on the couch? These my be signs of skin problems, arthritis, hip displasia, shoulder pains, headaches, etc. Get some tests done and then make your decision. Like horses, sometimes the good ones turn out sour and there is nothing you can do. The only diffenece between horses and dogs are size, weight and teeth! I've raised mustangs there CRAZY! I had one pick my cousin up by his back. We got him cut and that was the end of that. Not saying it works on all animals. Good luck

18. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

Dude: no one was talking to you about your dog; I think must have given up hope.

Homie; was the referring to how he label's and handle's his dogs: I referred to his quoted statement as being proper treatment for truly game pit IMO. (that's prior to 1976 that is; no one fights dogs here from what I understand)

19. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

The door thing was a problem when I first got him I would bust through the doors and he would always be laying on the other side sleep or just waiting on me. The main time I swung in and hit his ribs/hind area. NOW we all knock before we open the door and you can hear him jump up.

20. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

My bad man, I read it wrong. I thought he meant my dog needed to get laid.