1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

manbiter = cur??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by alabama, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWII

WWII Banned

It just means they died before they quit. Everything breaks at some point. It's just a matter of when.

2. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

in your opinion

3. WWII

WWII Banned

In reality.

4. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

have you any factual proof ?

5. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

Id say if they was in bad enough shape to die, then they was in bad enough shape to quit, so if they took it all and died without quitting they was dead game jmo,
    or maybe reality

6. alabama

alabama Big Dog

No in reality your wrong ww11,some dogs even if they are on deaths door and cant scratch will still make an attempt to get across.just because you havnt seen it or heard about it there are dogs that are that one track minded.fact

7. willypete

willypete Big Dog

manbiter = dead dog around here

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I don't believe that a manbitter = Cur there are to many examples of dogs that are manbitters being good [ ] dogs as well, past and present. I also do not believe all will cur, that, it's just a matter of time before they do, thats crap and many dogs have proved that to be wrong too. That last part is someting that keeps comming up from time to time on here and for the people that believe that crap, how do explain a Deadgame dog then? The very word tells you they had no quit in them.......:rolleyes:

9. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I think any dog can be made to quit, but only in an unrealistic manner. Meaning by doin all the extremes consecutively. But by one on one combat, I don't believe all dogs will eventually quit under realistic surcumstances, there are some that just will not fold to any 1 dog. That's just my belief, I good be wrong. I've seen some come from unbelievable situations to win and never show a bad sign. I had to see it to believe it!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  10. SilentDobe

SilentDobe Big Dog

We have always said that every dog does have a breaking point...sometimes you just have to be outrageously creative to see what will break the dog (in manwork or game). Every dog has a weak point. Now, I am not saying that deadgame dogs have an obvious weakness, but all dogs do. JMO

I have seen some of the hardest dogs break, it was under circumstances that would never happen to the dog, but none the less, it did happen.

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I don't believe man-biter means cur by any means.

I would never keep or feed a man-biter no matter what quality of bulldog he is. Too much of a liability and I have no room in my heart or wallet for an animal that just wants to chew on me.

If the dog is truly the real deal and worth breeding from then I would sell him to someone that tolerates man-biters with breeding rights.

12. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

In response to this thread, No, a man-biter so to speak does not necessarily equal a cur. One other thing to consider ladies and gents is that their is different levels of aggresion towards humans in man-biters. I'm only considering game-bred dogs for the purpose of discussion. Some dogs were/are aggressive with strangers and 100% trustworthy with their human family, some dogs don't/didn't like particular men or women, some loved kids and hated grown men, and some were good with adults but shady with kids. It's very hard to generalize statements about such a varied breed of dog that we have. Some dogs just play rough and have to be checked so to speak so that they know when to say when. But the game bred dog that will go after a human as they would another animal is a rarity and for good reason they are a liability that few will risk no matter the "quality" of the dog. Mr Hammonds wrote an article for Bloodlines magazine a long time ago about maneaters, manbiters, manfighters or whatever you want to call them. Maybe someone will post it and make it a sticky for future reference. In conclusion, all dogs are individuals. No what you have and no how to keep them out of trouble. I won't tolerate the truly man-aggressive dog but I have some that play rough. In the climate of today's world I would cull any truly indiscriminate human aggressive dog as their is a difference in being protective, suspicious, playing rough, and being a true menace to society who needs to take the long dirty nap.

13. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Excellent post C-murda.;)

14. maddog2020

maddog2020 Big Dog

im with willypete on this...zero tolerance. and as to the culling zebo question that was posed, i never would have put myself in that position because he wouldnt of had a chance to be looked at. therefore i never would of known he was an ace and not had to deal with the decision.

15. WWII

WWII Banned

This is what I was saying. A deadgame dog just happened to die before his breaking point.

16. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

^^^i agree that was disrespectful.
    Now what of the dog that took a two hour beating, quit and lived, can we call the dog a Cur. It simply means the dog is not Game much like a white dog is not black. It does not mean the dog is not a good show dog, it only means the dog is like most bulldogs born. Very, very few bulldogs born are Game anyhow, so why be ashamed that a dog is not game??? Hell we call our opponents dog a Cur before we step over the wall lol..We don’t come to lose, we come to win and generally that is because the other side quits.

i just copied and pasted that from something i posted in another thread, thought it was appropriate lol:D

17. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

i do believe the bulldog world has degrees of gameness, a dog that takes lumps for 2 hours then stops i would say is definately not a rank cur but he is not deadgame or possibly even deep game, i would say he was pit game as a dog going that long would usually be worth a bet providing of course he had some ability.

18. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

;).............

19. homer39

homer39 Banned

i would agree with what WWII is saying, and if i had a manbiter it would be used till lost

20. peppapig

peppapig Banned

hold on lads.....think about this....if you had a dog that really was manny.....i mean would try and have ye as soon as close enough....no matter how good......you would keep it??:confused: ..ferk that...not my type of mutt.....not worth the risk...and its them types that bring a bit of trouble to all of us if not handle properly....it would be very quickly off this earth if it was mine...but thats my opinion...its bad enough having a fecking 10lb terrier wanting a go and keeping it at bay.......a full on gamedog....no chance....it would be "all dogs go to heaven"......:cool: ....just my opinion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.