1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Maryland is not a good place for Pit Bulls.

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by CorgiLovesPit, May 18, 2012.

1. At least this has been my experience this week. 4 days ago someone dumped two females; about 8 months old I guess, off at the end of my drive way. The first two days were awful. Food aggression , bloody fighting, diarrhea and being unable to confine them plus my own dogs stress level, plus kids and work have not made this pleasant for me at all. I found someone willing to take the more aggressive dog off my hands and she has offered to keep her has her own, leaving me with one half starved, skittish but totally lovable girl who deserves better than she has been given.

I've gotten her on a leash, and to sleep in a crate without pooping in it. She's kid friendly too. I can't let her around my Corgi. Molly would be traumatized if attacked and I'm not taking a chance.

In two days, I have called, emailed and begged some 50 groups, shelters and individuals and have been hung up on, spoken to rudely, and been told that I'm wasting my time. I've been told I had a lot of nerve to call ANimal Control at 11 pm in the rain when I couldn't stop the mean one from attacking the one I have now and couldn't keep them in their crates becuase the mean one practically chewed hers in half.

My landlord just left.. My neighbor has four small kids and my other neighbor told me to shoot the bitch. No one here wants her and no one has been able to help me to find a place to take her any closer than WEST VIRGINIA.

I have missed work and doctors appointments. I will miss work tomorrow if I have to drive her all the way to a safe place where she has a chance to find a home. 72 hours is not enough time. Being a pit bull is not reason enough to kill her.. She's a sweet, neglected dog.

I'm begging someone, please, if you know a no-kill shelter in your area that can take her or if you are in MD and can manage one more dog, even short term or if you can help me get her to Berkeley Springs this weekend to the shelter there you would be doing us both a huge favor.. I can't keep this up and I can't stay home every day with her.

2. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Shoot them, and call it a day.

3. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Yes shoot them you would be doing the breed a favor no one knows anything about where those dogs come from and the world is already over populated with ill breed pit bull mutts that will never find homes. You can't save them all put them down!

4. Wow. I suppose you think you're pure breds are so high and mighty.Well, here's some news from an animal lover who doesn't discriminate. All dogs are hybrids of one type or another. I happen to have a pedigree Pembroke Welsh Corgi who came to me from a kill shelter; brought to the shelter by the breeder because she has a cosmetic flaw that did not allow her to show or sell for what she asked and the dog was kept in a garage for two years. What makes them fancy breeds is pretentious snobs like you who make breeding animals a profitable game rather than a responsibility of ownership based on love and care. This drives trashy PEOPLE to breed animals for money and we know what happens then. We're all mutts honey; dogs and kings alike. The only think that separates us from the dogs is that we elect our useless high born and to office rather than starve them out . Have a nice day.

5. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

There you go thinking, and assuming. We never once said our dogs are"high and mighty"...don't see how any dog or animal in general could be "high and mighty". LOL about your papered corgi from a kill shelter. Who gives a shit? Not I.....don't get all raw because you didn't happen to get the answers you wanted to hear. Pretensious snob? ROTFL, you very obviously don't have a good grip on who I am, because it's not a "pretensious snob"....white trash? Yeah, most likely.....snob? No. Profitable game? I've sold 2 dogs in 11 years, and will never sell another one. Not one of those that drops unwanted pups off at a shelter or what have you. I love my dogs, but would rather shoot every last one of them then put one in hands such as yours. I've poured my heart, soul, tears, and most of the money I have made into my yard, and will continue to do so to make the finest group of dogs I possibly can. There is alot that seperates us from dogs...starting with a soul, conscious, elevated plain of thought among others. You're a clown, and haven't got a clue about anything you are saying. Have a great day.

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

You must work for Peta LOL ...

I hate to burst your precious bubble "HONEY" lol I don't breed I leave that to the responsible breeders who do not breed for money and fame they breed to better the dogs and breed them to the highest standards set before the breed. That to me means something since I know my dog's are bred for their original trait's and purpose they were selected for if that makes me a snob so be it. Shelter's and Peta Hugger's like yourself make it that much easier for BYB's to keep breeding carelessly and passing off their shit to anyone who will pay for it and then turn around and drop it off at a shelter or in someones driveway. Because there will always be some psycho animal lover wanting to save those worthless curs instead of putting them down! If I ever had to leave this earth or could no longer care for my dogs I would either return them back to the breeder or put them down because I know that no one could ever care for my dogs the way I would. That's the difference between you and I .. I am willing to save them from all the issues that surrounds this breed by putting them down because I know there are very very few people who really understand the breed and love them the way some of us do here. You are not saving this dog you are willing to give it to anyone who will take it off your hands! And you call that doing something good for man kind? Put that dog down! There are too many of them wondering around with unknown temperaments and traits that come from careless breedings and if that dog ends up in the wrong hands which 9/10 it will than whatever that dog does effects all of our dogs!

7. sega

sega Big Dog

hey corgi, why dont u just put the dog on a chain axle set up in yr yard if u like it so much, and if you dont have a yard look at maby housing it in a kennel while yr @ work or something, if you like the dog so much stop stressing and just keep it. fuck i found my mutt running tho a busy intersection, i lured him into my car with veinna sausage. i had a dog that was so dog and cat crazy the fucker busted out a steel crate and destroyed the whole house. he tore up the bed, the couch, pillows, shoes, blinds, chewed doors and everything. i beat his ass to when i got home. and he stoped doing crazy shit. my land lord then told me its either the house or the dog, i said sayonara bitch and i had the dog with me on a TUG BOAT living there lmao. me n that dog went everywhere and now everythings good and back on track. if you truly like the dog n have a bond with it nothing is enough to break you apart