1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

maybe someone over here could help

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by ganja, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ganja

ganja Big Dog

Hey!

my pup is still dealing with mange... it's been going on for months now, I'm a bit at loss...
    I've been treating with Ivomec but he's starting to get quite sick from it, which he didn't use to when we started him on it so we took him off of it...

I'm going to the vet this week for my JRT and I'll take Shogun along and try some more dips probably...
    she told me to wait a week for his ear and legs to heal before bathing him, I've done 2 so far and nothing yet...

I'm actually starting to wonder if he doens't have some kind of allergies along with his mange because it doens't even get slightly better... seems to keep getting worse and worse over time even with the Ivomec treatment :/

anyone know something that works good for mange other than Ivomec and the dips? just asking because I have to wait until friday to see the vet..

2. If the dogs immune system is fucked up, nothing is going to work. Them dips are horrible for the dog. If the ivermectin isn't working, I'd say you're fucked.

3. ganja

ganja Big Dog

it's not generalized... just in some spots.
    his front legs (well, his armpits to be exact), the base of it's tail and his head (top of his head and it's muzzle)

however, I've seen a couple dogs that had very weak immune systems and that were "fucked" like you say, and they are HORRIBLE to look at, it's not that bad, it's just that it isn't going away, which leads me to think there could be something else going on to (not denying his weak immune system, but allergies could still result from it, he's blue fawn so...)

he isn't that bad, it's just not funny to yell at him for scratching to much

10 months old, those are the most recent pics I have of him, doesn't seem like it's a desperate case, which I'm glad...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but I'll see what the vet has to say about it on friday

4. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

i would put him on Promeris every two weeks for the mange and get him allergy tested.

5. bjh

bjh Pup

i use used cooking grease...same benefits as motor oil (basically jus kills the mites on the skin) without the negative effects due to no poisonous chemical being absorbed through the skin...works wonders for hot spots and everything for me...good luck

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

ganja, if it available out there, give vetericyn a try. supposedly it works miracles on damn near about EVERYTHING. cuts/open wounds, burns,mange, bacterial & yeast infections. everything!
    ive been using it along with cephlexin pills on my girl and so far seems to be working. check it out.
    http://www.vetericyn.com/benefits/canine.php

if that dont work, my last guess would be nu stock!

7. KDW

KDW Native Nightmare

My bitch had also a allergic reaction, i used this Promeris, and helped alot!
    Also i give my bitch echinaforce for her immune system.. everyday 2 pills,
    it helped her alot !! :)

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

ps, little shogun lookin good! is he started to come around yet?

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i was thinkin bout that too, some kind of supplement to boost the immune system

10. KDW

KDW Native Nightmare

yes u can give medicine all u want, but when the immune system is fucked it will only help temporaily and will come back again, and i can talk about it, been there with my bitch with a costs that run above the 2000$ the vets were very very happy with me that period lmao

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

whats the immune system shit called? echinforce?

i wonder if would help my dog with her damn ear infections

12. KDW

KDW Native Nightmare

Yes it's called echinaforce i always use the brand of A. Vogel, but dont know if u have it in USA under that brand, but there also other brands that sell echinaforce.. i use it alot, even when i conditioning my dogs, very good stuff, and will give your dog a little boost and dont make him vulnerable for diseas or whatever :) just my 2 cents

13. ganja

ganja Big Dog

ok I'll try the immune booster out... Xibalba, we should have the same laws regarding medication.
    is the immune booster isn't something I need a prescription for I guess?

and I'll try to see if I can get my hand on some vetericyn, if not, I'll try to find the list of ingredients, there must be something like that sold but under another brand maybe.

I do know that nu stock is not available here, and I have yet to look for something similar from another brand but haven't gotten around it yet.

if not, I guess I could always have some shipped over.
    does it work for mange?
    anyways, it could never hurt to have it, if my dog ever gets into a scrap and has some new hair to grow lol :p

but it's getting annoying us both...
    thing is, he got some bumps on his head right now and they seem to come and go... same for his muzzle.
    at the moment his muzzle doens't have one single bump and about 2 months ago he had quite a bit.
    same on his armpits, the bumps are gone but it's still a bit red from the scratching...
    (doesn't have any fleas in case you're wondering lol :p)

good thing is I got to have a prescription for an Ivomec bottle and she let me do it myself so I don't have to pay those 45€ of vetvisits every week... :eek:
    however, I stopped that now because of his weird reactions to it all of a sudden

14. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

i have the same problem..
    nothing helpt..
    when put my bitch on antibiotic (cefaral 250mg) 10 days it was gone..
    it was a bacterial thing in the blood, thats why it came back over and over again...

good luck to you and showgun :):)

maybe some kind of parasiet i dont know.. bud in my case it was not the normal skin problem.. :):)

15. ganja

ganja Big Dog

there is one lady selling Nu Stock in the netherlands..

I thought about picking some up but damn that's a 2h drive..

I'll try to call her first to see if she can't send over a couple of bottles of Nu Stock...

16. ganja

ganja Big Dog

well, it's scrapes came back positive for demodex mange so I don't know...
    there could be something else going on too, but I'll ask my vet to run some bloodtest and an allergy test on friday.

17. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

maybe she can send it by mail??
    :):)

18. ganja

ganja Big Dog

that's what I was hoping to...
    if not I'll make the trip that's no problem.. we're in Breda about every 3 days, so an hour more on the road won't kill us lol :p

seems like Nu Stock carries immune system boosters to... anyone that tried it?

Immune System Builder
    Hi-Potency Vitamin, Mineral & Protein Supplement.

If your pet has the inherited type of mange, demodetic (or red mange), its because of 2 things, stress and weak immune system. These vitamins are guaranteed to increase your pets immune system. Each one contains (1/2 gram) of liver per tablet. This potent natural organic supplement provides your pet with all the nutritional elements needed to stay active, alert and vigorous.

http://www.nustock.com/merchant.ihtml?cid=4&step=2 (scroll down some)

I found the other one to, is this the one you're talking about Xibalba?
    Vogel Echinaforce Forte 60 tab. bestellen bij uw online apotheek.

19. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

NU STOCK is the shyt and that what u should b using...

20. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

Mange can be a pain in the ass on pups and the onwner. Sorry to hear Ganja.

I had a dog with mange. He had a really low immune system when a puppy because there were so many in the litter and not all of the pups were able to feed of the mom as often as needed. I had to give him dips until the age of one and eventually the mange went away when he was able to build up a stronger immune system with age.

The dips were horrible and he got really sick from them but they did help some. I would keep doing them and with time as he gets older his on immune system should fight it off.