1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mayfield on Hammonds

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by LittleJohn, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeard

rebeard Big Dog

good post lil john , never seen that one before ,lol "use your head"" use your head" lol some just cant tell a dog dealer from a dog breeder understandable if you a beginner pitiful if you oldtimer

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

the only time i'd heard the best went over. was them guys comming for grch samson & the rebel made them pay.

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

don really sounds bitter.

4. Sent all their best dogs to Europe lololol

It doesn't get any better than that bwahahahahahahaha

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

oh you should hear his debate on kibble vs raw! LOL

6. hi-tek kennels

hi-tek kennels Big Dog

At the end of the day it dont matter anyway just "Cull Hard" anyway! Papers have been hung for years and ppl will always discredit others! Who knows fact or fiction at this point its 2013 it dosent matter!

7. Epona

Epona Banned

dont know where is the problem?

Gary Hammonds is not an good conditioner
    Tom Garner is not an good conditioner

Counted on their Records. Both has written about conditioning, and if you are interested in put a dog in a good condition, mayfield is right dont read stuff from them, if mr garner or hammonds write about breeding sure i think this is the right direction to read an article or more from them (if you are interested in the success of their dogs).

Otherwise english is not my native language and for me it sounds like crazy riffle raffle what he is talking "use your head...use your head" but on the bottom line he is right in what he is saying in the video.

8. joeyreddog

joeyreddog Big Dog

does'nt mayfied have a lil reputatin o paper hanging i'm not well educated on mayday but i've heard he was not bred as his pedigree says and the mayday hammonds cross could produce some big red game dogs lol

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

sure mayfield hung papers...but then again....who didnt in those days?

mayfield had nothing to do with mayday....... to WAY different era's........

alligator/mayday dog puttin out red dogs??? its possible i guess......

10. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

HOHOHO Make NO mistake. seems you dintnt knew wat was send overhere back then.. i said they send there best dogs to europe then this was tru!! sure lots of pups from the famous Hammonds Rufus , indian bolio, sons of Tonka (Peters ch Willy burger ) grandsons of Nigger ecetera ecetera were send and manny hand pickt. and yes they umongst the grown dogs that where playd out ""afther"" there Careers where send over . plenty of CH and grch iven usa Rom dogs hell dogs whos parents came from CARVERS yard!!. dogs you guys probely heard of and knew but didnt know they where send over here. the best of russing bills back then where a farce, Don brods bloodlines a brother to CJ7 sons of Demon/ Rascal / gaines Fargo / dogs from Heinzl/ sons of jeep/ dogs from Don divine Cassius Clay / sons and bitches sired Bij andre Gioux CH booger rom/ Sister to dubble grch Tornado / Zaleskys grch Hannah conditiond bij Bobby hall lost in 36 min / dogs of of Carter hall including Halls ch sugar out of woods snooty one of the badest stifel bitches known in history / rebbel kennels grch spooky/ grand sons and daughters of Burtons grch hank i can go on for days.. it was BEFOR the germans whent over to the usa to wave there big wallets. wich was the start to sell lesser dogs for bigger money bij the usa dogman.... dogs like Spike where bought for 350 USD...... Let me tell you that im not fromthe 30 year old generation. im a grand dad myself and been long enoughf and stupid enoughf to have fool around and knew many of the dogs i mentiond above.. and if we talk about competition . then im prouwd to say that from al of those famelies from the usa the dogs ended up in a country withs only takes 4 hours to drive tru. and more then 45 kennels where set up having dogs that would barley ore never met in the usa.
    Dogman like Bo daily, Bobby hall. Barney fife . Burton ecetera came and lost. and claimed that they never iven seen dogs like that. Bo Daily had pups to sell and afther seeing the famous Fatso vs grch Nicky show he gave all his pups away for free stating. he to never saw dogs of that quality..., a triple inbred daughter of Nelis ROM called Flakey http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=98816 beat and quit the mother of grch banjo in the hands of B hall and Danny Burton, screaming afther the show she was the baddest bitch in Texas. to quote him. yet across this side of the pond she was medium joker at best, and could not take but 10 min of presure . NO american back then has ever been able to beat someone in that part of europe ""in them days"" while 80% of the euro dogs won in the usa dogs from STB/L.K kennels/Bross/ and others . usa dogs like GRCH buster brouwn and GRCH Candy quit in no less then 20/12 min the assasin dog that was send over lost as wel the list is a mile long.
    Please dont see this as a personal atack on americans greatness of there dogs. but our comp level in the 80,s and 90,s was far superoir. simply because of the densety of all the famely dogs from the best breeders in the usa being so consentraighted overhere in a very small place. NOW afther the dangeres dog laws hit western europe it was game over!!. and the game shifted to the former eastern countries who in there beginning bought the western euro and USA crap. it might be that you refear to that.... sins then they build up a very solid foundation where lots of good dogs comes from . and as many dogman has said befor . good dogs are from where you find them.. I still belive the usa is the place to be to find some of the best dogs in the world. but the craker breeders of yesterday are dying out fast.. and breeders of today(world over) seem to be more of the best to best kind reguardless of famelies . To come back on topic . Don Mayfield wassend one of them great breeders far DSCF2803.JPG from it.... and altho he quot,s the late george Gilman in the video uploaded ""who i never knew ore met"". he did tell people who i know and respect very mutch, that mayfield besides being a great DSCF2807.jpg conditioner was a prick of a man to deal with in life
    DSCF2808.jpg . i also have a major stak of never befor pulished letters of the early 80,s from don mayfields hands when he wrote the book red neks DSCF2806.jpg with detailed outlet of his conditioning and breeding talk back then .withs is WAY diferend of what he told in his later days where his falowers belive his BS gospel.... And a lot of BS today can EZ be labeld of such from his own hand wrighting file that i have when he was still kinda sane

11. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

At least i got the history and the guts to debate and question the BS about raw feeding claims.. and talk bs around bulldogs. its not limited to one liner commends..

12. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

No one said you didn't get well bred dogs. And no one said you didn't have some win there, especially in light of the lack of competition early on. Someone has to win, good competition or not so good. But let's be realistic. You said they sent you their best dogs. I knew many of the guys sending y'all your dogs and pups, as I said. I was a very young man, but I was there, and knew them. Whether you choose to deem that valid or not....I couldn't care. But I KNOW what many of them sent you, and it was NOT THEIR BEST DOGS. I gave you the reasons they didn't and couldn't send you their best dogs. You can dream and manipulate the ilk of what they sent you all you want to.
    They sent you dogs you could breed, that had a CHANCE to produce decent dogs. They sent you well bred pups to maybe grow up and make you decent and good dogs. But to say they sent you THEIR BEST DOGS is ludicrous and imaginary. I know of misrepresented breedings on pups sent there. I know of dogs sent as competition dogs that hadn't even started. You weren't there, Limey. I know what they did on occasion. Not always, but on occasion. And they were sent at sky high prices sometimes.
    I'm glad Europe has grown in dog quality, but that's another story from your claiming they ALL sent you their best dogs at the onset. Please.
    Now, if someone was getting out of dogs for good, someone MAY have sent you one or some of their BETTER dogs, maybe even their best in some rare, rare instance. But to say they ALL sent THEIR BEST DOGS is absolutely a knee slapper.

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Because theres no debate, youve already been spanked on that topic of debate on the other site....

14. Gr Ch Wino and his sister Hammonds Bullytuts I put their names here for years they were supposed to be out of Hammonds JM and Hammonds Sox now right in his book he has them papered as Hammonds Kybo and Royce's Black Sister. I would not of said anything if I did not have a little proof of it. I used to think Gary was 100% honest to until I got raided then sent him my dogs of his breeding then he sent me one back that they tortured the shit out of after he bred him now I know better.

15. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

,,,,,,,here ;;;;here,,,,,,
    i...too...was around then ....i remember such as nikki +some of the first out of badger here,,,,,god i'm getting old...lol:lol;

16. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

So you were not happy with the dog,,,,able to send dog's after the r****8,?????????

17. c_note

c_note CH Dog

There has to be a story behind that post... Tortured the dog you say?

18. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

A VERY STRANGE STORY.....TO MUCH 4 ME .....GRIMM'S FAIRY....the green EYE ;;;;

19. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

As for mayday to much of it in ,,is been swept out to the bin ,,not all ,,but those with too much...goneeeeee to the scrap heap....

20. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

TDK do you realize how implausible redicules your post is!!!!. but if you make yourself belive you know then you know.. I can go on making this into a pissing contest telling you about al the dogs that have been send here, but that thusend matter. as your from the USA nr 1 generation. and was all over the usa ranging from new york to Texas to know and be around al those dogman who sold these dogs to europe at the aczackt time they where there... So please tell us the dogs that where send i havend mention yet!!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.