1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mayweather vs Ortiz (whos gonna win)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bukskin.banks, Jul 9, 2011.

1. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

Heavy weight is old news, thats why heavy weight is so popular these days haha. You ever watched ali fight? ya good for his time but ahtletes nowa days are sooo much better and faster and stronger. Everyone thought he was the greatest which he was but if you watch it today, nothing compared to todays athletes. Tyson is prob the only heavy weight i would give some respect too.

2. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

And if you took an old time heavy weight that your blabbling off, its guna get mopped up by someone like mayweather. Even a new school heavy weight, guna get danced around, and worked.

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

once again bukskin you show your ignorance. willie pep was floyd before floyd & i doubt floyd would of beat Emile Griffith,Wilfred Benítez,Roberto Durán,Thomas Hearns,Sugar Ray Leonard,Meldrick Taylor roy jones jr . & i doubt you ever seen any of those guys fight. "new school heavyweight" more like the decline of boxing. why you think it took 106 years for a middleweight to win a heavyweight title? roy jones did it & beat the guy that beat hollyfeild. i doubt floyd could beat david hey who just lost. the depth of a mans knowledge will show in his dogs. so i'd use this as a example of why o'l bb would hurt your feelings with a german shephard.

4. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

you should see my dog haha, not a bad one i dont think :) and floyd would rip roy jones jr. appart. u kiddin me?

5. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

and being on this forum you really think i give a shit about a german shephard haha? aint no german shephard guna hurt my feelings. mayweather is a genious and he's good. that's why he's undefeated and you'll see after this ortiz fight haha.

6. capo

capo Big Dog

mayweather vs. ortiz IMO mayweather (*but damn hurry up with pacman thats what i wanna see*)

7. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

ya, that'll be a good one for sure ^ that'll prob be nexy sept. nov. time

8. venom

venom Top Dog

As a serious floyd fan, I still have to ask ARE U FKN SERIOUS??? LOL!!!!

Roy would have destroyyyyed floyd.

AND SUGAR WOULD HAVE DID FLOYD JUST LIKE HE DID FLOYDS DAD LOL

you know who Tommy hearns is? another michigan fighter that would of killed floyd... sugar beat him in a great match u should youtube it.

9. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

i think i'd rather see a floyd and jones fight than floyd and pacman haha, i think it'd be interesting

10. venom

venom Top Dog

He's undefeated because he dodged fights with fighters when they were in their prime.
    he dodged winky, he dodged sugar shane, he dodged cotto before the whole margarito thing...
    I like floyd a lot, I support all michigan fighters... but its plain as day to see that the last 5 years of his career have been against has beens. He fought arturo when arturo was gonee, same with oscar and shane. only 3 quality opponents u can mention are zab, deigo, n castillo. deigo being the only one he showed out on. thats out of 40 fights lol

11. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

i understand where your coming from and that could be true, i guess we'll find out with ortiz cuz he's in his prime. garuntee he makes ortiz look like a d class fighter. He'll pick him apart and bring out every weakness in him like he has everyone else.

12. venom

venom Top Dog

yeah, floyd is def gonna outclass ortiz. I guess what we are saying is that that type of fighter is less common today as of yesterday. There were plenty of fighters of and beyond floyds calibur in past years... guys that would have embarassed him. Not to say he is bad... but guys like sugar were just that good! So while boxing numbers may still be going up as far as paperview purchases go... the quality of fighters has diminished. Floyd and pac are definitely the top of the brass right now though, no taking away from that.

13. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

i think floyd would give roy a run for his money, roy was such a sloppy figther and had way to many weaknesses to be picked apart. Roy would beat himself if he fought mayweather. And mayweather has fought a lot of these "dodged" fighters. But to say he won cuz they weren't in their prime i dunno about that. all i know his floyd is smart and he's playin the game. And he's doing pretty good at it haha.

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

youtube roy jones jr & tell us how sloppy he was.

15. venom

venom Top Dog

Well, I hate to say it but Floyd would never accept a fight with roy... he wouldnt even accept a fight with winky.
    These guys are monsters... Roy, winky, bernard, etc. and floyd knows it... thats why he hasnt fought them.

You know he is a fight dodger... if you are a true fana nd you have followed boxing, then you know in your heart that sugar shane is not only slower but doesnt hit like he use too. If you watched that fight, and you seen him shake floyd in the second round, if you watch boxing you know 5 years ago that punch devastates floyd. He has dodged some of these guys most of his career...

He just wont get the respect because the best go into the best... no questions asked.

Just like this whole pac-man situation. I think floyd will win, but if he was as game as you say this shit would have already happened. Cuz u can believe pacman Dgaf lol he just wants to fight.

16. venom

venom Top Dog

Floyd is waiting for some one else to drop pac man so he dont have to fight him.
    evne though he is well capable of winning, he rather not risk that big 40 and 0.

17. venom

venom Top Dog

which dont mean shit cuz Chavez was like 89-0!

18. venom

venom Top Dog

Watch the Roy Jones Vs James Toney fight...
    if you think floyd defense is the shit, watch some of lights out fights.
    roy fucked his world up.

19. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

maybe it's just my opinion, but i have watched roy and he looks sloppy, looks like he can be picked apart. he obviously has been too with 8 losses or something like that.

20. venom

venom Top Dog

He also went into the best of competition... even in his later years.
    the guy was 49-1, only losing that 1 fight for striking someone while he was on taking a knee in the ring lol

he went into james toney, bernard hopkins, ruiz, montell griffin, felix trinidad, etc. all of his fights were against title holders... he was taken belts.