1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Miss Conduct! New arrival...3 weeks early!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by miakoda, Jul 24, 2008.

1. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Yep folks, I'm a backyard breeder.......of Arabian horses! [​IMG]

It's been a secret to most of y'all, but I bred Amira to Raja as soon as I got her down here. She was due in 3 weeks, but she went into labor earlier today and for some stupid reason I ignored Donna's (the woman who owns the house/land where the horses are at) phone call. When I answered it this afternoon while at my parents house, I just barely made back across town to be there for the birth! Everything went great and although I didn't get any pics of the actual delivery, here are the after shots a few hours later once the foal was up and cleaned up (we also had to give him some IV fluids right off the bat, but all is well now). It's a colt!

Sorry bout the crappy pics. I had to use a disposable camera I had in the car, get them 1-hour developed at crappy Walgreens, and then scan them in just now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

WOW!!!! Good luck

3. poundAPBT

poundAPBT Big Dog

oh god... I am SO afraid of Arabians...

but, uh, good luck! :D

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

May I ask why? The Arab horse is the greatest breed of horses of all times. Hell, they are the foundation horse of almost every single horse breed we have today (the Darley Arabian, the Godolphin Arabian, and the Burley Turk)

:)

5. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Congrats! He's a beauty! Do you have a name picked out yet? I'm a big fan of Arabian horses and hope to have one someday.

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

No name yet, scratchin. But we're working on it. ;)

And this one will be co-owned by my best friend and myself, even though he's from both of my own horses. She's much more into competing and showing than I am so this opens up the door more for him.