1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mixed with ...?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 420puffer, Mar 1, 2006.

1. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

Here is my blue pit. If he is mixed w/ another breed, what breed do you think is in his blood? No pedigree.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

It really is impossible to know...but just to entertain you, there appears to be some mastiff influence to your dog.

3. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Doesn't really looked mixed to me. Not game bred, but... why do you say it's mixed? Why would someone go through the trouble to crop a mutt?

very handsome pooch.

4. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

neo mastiff...with some american staff quality..just remember you asked..you may not like the answers.

5. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Neo? no way! how much does this dog weigh 420?

6. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

I know what im gettin myself into.. I can take the critics. He is 8 months at 70 pounds.

7. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Oh...

Hell, I don't know. He could be purebred but just bred from large, blue petbulls. Who knows.

8. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

I didn't say he is mixed.. I said if he is mixed... Because most of users on the site would automatically assume that any pit bigger than standard size is mixed (esp blue).

9. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

I am asking because he has no papers, no pedigree. My gfs brother purchased him and we took him because he bought another. Most of the other extra large blues ive seen actually LOOK like a mutt with the bowed front legs and whatnot

10. Or bred for size.

IMO, this boy could easily be a Stafforshire Terrier. It does not matter as long as you don't make him do anything it does not want to do.

11. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

He's pretty heavy, there's probably something else in there. Guess neo is a possability.

12. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

This is a bandog (Neo x pit bull cross)
    [​IMG]

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Is that a 1st gen Bandog too mia?

14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

2nd I believe (but it may be a first...lemme check)

15. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Wow, think we found a winner.

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

More bandogs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

420's dog is much better looking IMO. That last bandog really shows the mastiff.

18. he doesnt look like he is mixed to me either,he just looks like a bluff.but if there is something else in there it probally is some sort of mastiff or some american bulldog

19. ur puppys is adorable

i dont think hes mixed with nada

20. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

420, I could see some possibility of mastiff thrown in there a few generations back. However, he is probably like most other bluffs- just bred down to get a larger size and a paticular color (In this case, blue). You can get out of standard dogs by selective breeding, but by breeding away from preformance, you loose the true essene of the breed. That is why so many people object to large dogs [bred for looks] being called APBTs, even if no other breeds have been thrown in.

He's a good looking dog, just love him like the dog he is ;)