1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My boy is getting neutered today.

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Aceman, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

Well in about 45 minutes we are leaving for the vet to have Sammy neutered. He deffinetly knows something is up. At 6:30 this morning he was laying by the back door , I thought he had to go out to use it , but know way, he wouldn,t budge. My girlfriend just let him out 5 minutes ago & jetted right back inside. He loves being out in his fenced area , so this was strange . I think he deffinetly knows something is going on ,,lol. I know this is a common procedure but we can,t help but worrying about him. It,s not going to be a very good day until we have him back home with us this evening. By the way, the point to this thread is,, aren,t they the smartest , he might not know exactly whats up, but he knows there is something,,lol. take care.

Vicki and B like this.
  2. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Good for you for being responsible!

I'm sure he'll be fine.

Give him a hug from me

3. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I agree...update..I'm sure he will be the same pup, just feeling a lil' bit empty. I'm sure he'll be hungry for food and your love! Good luck!

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

He simply senses that you know something is up. I'm sure your comforting the dog, babying it, talking and cooing to it that "ahhh its o'k buddy". This makes the situation worse, if you were to act exactly the same today as you always do, he would of never acted diffrently. Thank you for being responsible and getting your boy taken care of ;)

5. B

B CH Dog

Rep points for neutering! Thanks Aceman.

Regards,

B

6. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Way to go, cudo's to you for getting your dog fixed. The only difference will be he'll be less frustrated, which is a good thing.

7. thats exactley whats going on he senses that you are uncomfortable about something and thus he knows something isnt right.don't worry he will be fine and dandy in a couple days.tonight he will be kinda sore and might not eat much or he might be running around like he always does,but just dont let him untill he is full recouperated.

8. WWII

WWII Banned

Be careful not to let him play too hard. I took my male in and he was all excited and what not. When I went back to get him, he was exactly the same. It was like I just dropped him off at a babysitter. Went home that night, and thought he'd be kinda sore and lame. Nope. He took off running and jumping into the backyard. I kept him on his chain for the next couple days to keep him calm though. And good choice in getting him fixed.

9. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

thank you for neutering your boy!!!

10. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

Thanks to all. We just arrived home with Sammy. He is in great spirits and was very hungry so I hooked him up with some kibble and I nice cold drink. I thought he may be sluggish and sleepy,, but no way, as soon as he was done eating he started edging my son on to play with him which I had to stop because the vet told me to limit his activity for a week or so which is going to be a task,,lol. I also had him microchipped today just in case, and I hope never ever happens, that someone ever took him I would have a better chance of getting him back, which they would have to break into my house to do because he is never left out in his fenced area alone, but we live in a crazy world and you never know. now we are just going to watch him closely, let him heal up , and let him go on being a silly little puppy, I,m just glad he is home. Thanks again to all. Take care.

1 person likes this.
  11. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I'm glad all is well :D

12. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

You are saving hundreds of dogs from a life of hell. Also your dog will be happier if he is neutered, he won't have to go looking for some so he'll never miss it. You'll save in vet bills and headaches if he is trying to escape to service some bitch in heat. You are doing the right thing...thanks...
    (I edited for terrible typos.)

13. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

Very Good. Glad to see.

14. glad to hear he is doing well.i wish you the best of luck with your pup.