1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My Dog needs help

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Medicj02, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Medicj02

Medicj02 Pup

I know that everyone is here for the betterment of the breed and i'm asking for everyone's opinion and help on my current situation. I came home today from work and my uncle tells me that animal control took my dog. I live in North Little Rock and i just moved here......I've only been here for 2 weeks....out of 2 of those weeks my dog has been here for about 1 1/2 weeks.... I'm wanting suggestions on how i can get him out....my g/f told me that she would come pick him up 2 morrow and keep him at her house till i find a house somewhere other than NLR, she lives in a different part of AR. I don't have the 100+ dollars to bail him out (personal reasons). The left a search warrant and a notice saying they took my dog and will be holding him for 3 days in which i have to contact them....if arrangements arent made to get him out they will put him to sleep.....luckily my g/f is loving enough that she said she'll pay to get him out but i dont think we should have to pay, due to the fact that i haven't even been here long enough to be considered a resident....in all actuallity i can still claim to be living in a different part of arkansas....I just thought they were supposed to give a warning before just confiscating your dog. Advice and comments are greatly needed and appreciated.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

What was the purpose of them taking the dog.....are they banned in that area or whats the deal?

3. Medicj02

Medicj02 Pup

The notice said they were banned late in 03.... my uncle , who had been living here for years said he heard they were trying to ban them 6 months ago and didnt hear anything after that.... so i didnt worry too much about it until now.

4. Suki

Suki Guest

Sadly, NO, there is no warning. If you are even "suspected" of residing in a place, and word gets out, it's Hasta La Vista for your dog! That's how BSL works!!! It SUCKS!!!!! and I HATE it!!!

It's so bad a girl I e-mail In NJ was saying how she went to FLA, yes, the "dreaded Dade County", was just passing thru and she got pulled over by two cops and they gave her a crap load of grief.
    Better bail your baby, then rehouse him for his own saftey. Sounds like you got some snitches around you.....

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Unfortunately, if its already law regardless if you were living their or not I believe you are still affected. I know in most places with BSL if you are even caught DRIVING THROUGH the city on travel and never stop, you can still lose your dog. I would recommend speaking to a lawyer but if you cannot afford the 100 dollars to get the dog out, I dont see this as an option. I would recommend you pay your 100 dollar fine, run with the dog, never look back, and be glad he wasnt euthanized immediately! I'm sympathetic to your situation, but without more info I can't help you out any more. If I have some spare time tomarrow and no one else has researched it I will try and find the stature that says its illegal for you to understand and go from there. :(

6. Suki

Suki Guest

The absolutely Least dog friendly place in North America: Ontario, Canada. Due to broadly worded breed specific dog law that allows confiscation, and destruction of dogs based solely on a Dog warden's say so.

Least dog friendly places in the United States all having broadly worded breed specific dog laws allowing for confiscation, and destruction of dogs by breed.

10. Bracken County, Kentucky

9. Muskegon, Michigan

8. Providence, Rhode Island

7. Boston, Massachusetts

6. Prince Georges County, Maryland

5. Denver, Colorado

4. Miami-Dade County, Florida

3. WASHINGTON-Pasco, Yakima, Enumclaw, Buckley, Toppenish, Winslow, Oak Harbor, Cathlamet, Everett, Kennewick, Kirkland, Moxee City, Neah Bay, Sea-Tac, Pullman (where WSU College of Veterinary Medicine is located) plus these counties; Spokane, Snohomish, & Whatcom

2. Iowa - The Entire State

1. Ohio - The Entire State

States to watch would be Georgia, Massachusetts, New Mexico, West Virginia. Counties to watch Sumner and Tennessee.

COUNTRIES (including US Territories)
    other than the United States

ALABAMA
    Irondale, Midfield, Orange Beach, Lannett, Gurley, Gadsden

ARKANSAS
    Gosnell, Maumell, McGehee, Mt. Home, North Little Rock (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS & PIT BULLS), Piggot, Sherwood, Siloam Springs

CALIFORNIA
    Santa Monica, Naval Base Ventura Count:Point Mugu Hueneme

COLORADO
    Commerce City, Denver, Northglenn, Fort Lupton, Wellington

CONNECTICUT
    Wetherfield

FLORIDA
    Dade Count/North Miami, Sunrise, Tamarac

IDAHO
    Kellog, Payette

ILLINOIS
    Beach Park, Buffalo Grove (restricted ROTTWEILERS & PIT BULLS), Cairo, Central City, Chester, Cicero, Dixon, Effingham, Elmwood, Gillespie, Greenville, Johnston City, Lombard, Morrison, Mt. Olive, Mulberry Grove, Northlake, Oden, Peru, Rock Falls, Salem, Sandover, Silvis, Stone Park (has BANNED PIT BULLS), Streater, Westfield (has BANNED DOBERMANS), Wheeling, Wilsonville

INDIANA
    Fowler, Gary, Lake Station, Mishawaka, South Bend, Walkerton (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS), Williamsport, Winchester

IOWA
    Atkins, Alburnett, Anamosa, Belle Plaine, Benton County, Blairstown, Buffalo Center, Clarence, Conrad (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS), Council Bluffs, Coutier, Carter Lake, Dallas Center, Dakota City, Des Moines, Dexter, Donellson, Dumont, Durant, Fairfax, Fairfield, Forest City, Garrison, Hiawatha, Keystone, Lake Mills (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS), Lockridge (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS & PIT BULLS),Luzernne, Miles, Mt. Auburn, Mt. Pleasant, Monticello, Muscatine, Newhall, Norway, Olin, Oxford Junction, Ottumwa, Palo, Pocohontas, Rake, Rockwell, Scarville, Shellsburg, Sigourney, Thompson, Urbana, Van Horne, Vinton, Walford, Wapello, Watkins, Wilton, Winterset

KANSAS
    Augusta, Arkansas City, Bonner Springs, Cheney, Cherokee County, Inman (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS & PIT BULLS), Dodge City, El Dorado, Ellinwood, Fort Smith, Fredonia, Garden City, Garnett, Hesston, Jackson County, Junction City, Kansas City, Kingman, Leawood, Leavenworth, Liberal, Lola, Maize, Manhatten, Marysville, Nickerson, Overland Park, Park City, Pittsburg, Preston, St. John, Salina, Shawnee County, Sterling, Topeka, Ulyssas, Wyandotte County

KENTUCKY

Bracken County, Erlanger, Elsmere, Ludlow, Walton

LOUISIANA
    Luling, Morgan City, Plaquemines Parish, St. Parish, Welsh

MARYLAND
    Prince George County, Naval Base, Hagerstown

Here are some examples of letters and a copy of an excellent NON-breed-specific Dangerous Dog law that you can e-mail/snail-mail/fax/read to legislators

MASSACHUSETTS
    Amesbury, Boston, Brockton, Fall River, Haverhill, Holyoke, Medway, New Bedford, Rockport, Tauton, Whorster

MICHIGAN
    Alma, Crystal City, Dearborne Heights, Detroit, East Pointe, Evart Township, Grosse Point Woods, Hastings, Hudsonville, Melvindale, Muskegon, Ramsey, Muskegon, Michigan, Ramsey, Redford, Southgate, Springfield, Waterford, Westland,

MISSISSIPPI
    Aberdeen, Greenville, Horn Lake, Indianola

MISSOURI
    Black Jack, Booneville, Butler, Calverton, Camdenton, Carl Junction (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS & PIT BULLS), Cameron, Clayton, Fenton, Ferguson, Florissant, Grandby, Grandview, Greenwood, Hallsville, Hazelwood, Liberty, Macon, New Franklin, Pagerdale, Salisbury (has BANNED PIT BULLS & ROTTWEILERS), Springfield, University City, Wentzville, Woodson Terrace

MONTANA
    Ekalaka, Libby

NEBRASKA
    Friend

NEW JERSEY
    Atlantic City, Clifton, Engelwood, Highland Park, Millville, West New York

NEW MEXICO
    Tijeras, Kirkland Air Force Base

NEW YORK
    Binghamton (restricts ROTTWEILERS), Hudson, Jamestown, Larchmont, Maybrook, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Newburgh, N. Hempstead, Sand Point, Village of Haverstraw, Village of Hemstead, Yonkers

NORTH CAROLINA
    Transylvania

NORTH DAKOTA
    Bismark, Kildeer, Minot (has BANNED PIT BULLS) Velva (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS)

OHIO

(STATE HAS DELARED PIT BULLS AS DANGEROUS/VICIOUS)
    Akron (has RESTRICTED PIT BULLS & AMERICAN BULLDOGS), Athens, Bay Village, Bellevue, Bexley, Cambridge, Celina, Cincinnati, E. Cleveland, Defiance, East Cleveland, Fairfield, Franklin County, Girard, Golf Manor, Heath, Highland Heights, Louisville, Lucas County, Ludlow Falls, Mansfield, Mayfield, Mentor on the Lake, Miami County, Middlefield, Mt. Vernon, Napoleon,New Albany, Newark, North Perry, Oxford, Parma, Perrysburg, Powell, Richmond Heights, Shaker Heights, Silverlake, S. Euclid, Southpoint, Springboro, St. Marys, Toledo, Warrensville Hts, Washington Court House, Wickliffe, Wooster, Yellow Springs

OKLAHOMA
    Eufaula, Midwest City, Quenton

OREGON
    Malin

PENNSYLVANIA
    Clairton, Elizabeth, Reading

RHODE ISLAND
    Pawtucket (has BANNED PIT BULLS & placed restriction on ROTTWEILERS), Providence

SOUTH CAROLINA
    Columbia, Travelers Rest (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS, CHOWS & DOBERMANS)

SOUTH DAKOTA
    Chamberlain (has BANNED PIT BULLS, DOBERMANS and ROTTWEILERS) Sissenton (has BANNED DOBERMANS)

TENNESSEE
    Jackson, Smyrna, Sparta, Watertown, Lynnville (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS, PIT BULLS, CHOWS, GERMAN SHEPHERD & DOBERMANS)

TEXAS
    Kyle, Neilsville, Terrell

UTAH
    North Salt Lake, Smithfield (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS & SHAR-PEIS) Springville (heavy restriction-pit bulls)

VIRGINIA
    Richmond

WASHINGTON
    Buckly, Enunclaw, Everett, Inland, Issaquah Highland Subdivision, Kenawick, King County, Kirkland, Moxee, Neah Bay (has BANNED ROTTWEILERS), Oak Harbor, Prosser, Quincy, Seatac, Sunnyside, Toppenosh, Yakima

WISCONSIN
    East Troy Lake, Fox Lake, Hewitt, Milwaukee, Nellisville, Oconto, Randolph, South Milwaukee

Here are some examples of letters and a copy of an excellent NON-breed-specific Dangerous Dog law that you can e-mail/snail-mail/fax/read to legislators </B>

CANADA.... Dog Legislation Council of Canada...
    they have one of the biggest battles up there now and needs to know that the rest of the world stands with them!!

sux, don't it!!!!
    </B></FONT>

7. Judy

Judy CH Dog

Good info, Suki!

8. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

hey i'm only like 20 minutes from you, if i can possibly help in any way, PM me....

9. Medicj02

Medicj02 Pup

Thanks every one..... surprisingly everything is under control....after i called and explained to them that i just got down here and i have no problem with gettin him "fixed" the officer that picked up the dog gave me the number to a vet that does tatooing and has handled alot of those issues....she even told me that she would waive the 100 fine for not having him registered.... so since i let her know all i have to do is call the doc and schedule the fixation and tattooing and he's going to my g/f's until i get a place somewhere's other than NLR

THANKS ...... I'm so relieved and kinda happy.... he and i have been through alot together

10. Suki

Suki Guest

Amen!!!! Happy to hear of your good outcome!!!!!!:D

11. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

thats good to hear that it ended happily.

12. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

hey medic

6 months ago we were fighting the pit bull banned here and i called little rock and north little rock and they said they were banned,,,we didn't get the banned here, but they have it,cost wise it'll be cheaper to go get this dog and talk to them explain the situation and if they wouldn,t come off just pay the 100

13. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Yes, thanks for updating...and thanks for the good info Suki.

14. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

great post i didnt even know Louisiana had restrictions anywheres. its a shame ill have to look at that list before i apply for a job somewhere in the future. thats just disheartening. but if i cant take my buddy then i just wont go. Orang beach has BSL oh no we visit there and never knew...