1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My Idea!Would it work?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by prettyfulpitbull, May 6, 2006.

1. prettyfulpitbull

prettyfulpitbull Bullylover06

My Idea!Would it work?If so it might end BSL!!!!!!

My idea is to have anyone adopting/buying etc. a pitbull take a knowledge test before being accepted.Have the most experienced pitbull owners make it up.Would it work?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2006
  2. JuicyCa

JuicyCa Big Dog

That would be awesome. Sorta like a driver's license test? The world needs something like that for people before they have kids!

3. prettyfulpitbull

ya like a drivers test!!!I think it would help sort out the good and bad owners.Cause people who are in it for the breed will do research the people who aren't won't

4. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

Sounds like a great idea. Put it to work and see how it does. Its like a weed and seed process. I like it.

5. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

It's a nice idea, but I do not think it would work. Why? We have to take tests to get our driver's licenses, but look at how many ppl can't drive their thumb up their butts w/out someone guiding!!! If tests were the true measure of competency, half the ppl out there who have licences now wouldn't be driving!!!

6. dustinp87

dustinp87 Pup

yea but how would u make it official send it to the kennel clubs and have them distrubute it? thats the only way anyone would take it serious

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Its a great idea, and one that breeders who sell to the public should look at. I do not believe in any laws, or governing bodies telling us we have to....I think more along the lines as responsible breeders continue asking questions, getting references on the potential buyers, and checking up on their prospects now and again.

8. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

No, it would not. It would just create a black market among clueless owners. They would then refuse to take their illegal Pits to the vet, get them training, soclalize them ect. ect.

It would cause more problems. The people making law are not dog people, and will screw things up, given the chance.

I do agree that breeders who sell to the public and rescues SHOULD screen buyers/adopties, and encourge people to educate themselves.

9. prettyfulpitbull

Yes but the people who socialize train etc. are the ones who really care.It wouldn't affect previous owners of pitbulls but anyone new wanting to buy,adopt etc.I personally think it would help.I think the most experienced owners should make the test up than we show our reps. or what not after the test is already made and stuff.

10. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Prettyfullbull: Yes, it would be nice to be able to wave a wand and make all Pitubll owners caring and responsable. However, if you pass a law trying to mandate that it will BACKFIRE.

You'd just end up with a large trade in illegal Pitbulls. People would still buy them, they just would do it outside of the law. And the dogs those people owned would be unlikely to be getting great treatment, IMO. I just don't think it would work.

Not only that, but the idea is sort of...............unAmerican, in that it is a violation of the idea of personal freedom. It is also BSL, since it just would deal with Pitbulls.

And although I understand the temptation, I don't want the government deciding who should own a dog and who shouldn't. I don't trust them that much.

11. prettyfulpitbull

OK.So you'd rather the banning and outrageous laws than a simple test?

12. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

What kind of questions are you going to ask? I think your idea is good, but it would be laughed at by general public. It wouldn't change how people will treat their dogs once they've passed some silly little test.

13. prettyfulpitbull

YES true but it's worth a try.I don't know I wanted to do a vote on here who should make up the questions like who is most experienced.I want a breeder,someone who shows their dog, and someone who has a pit as pet to make them up. So I want a few different people that way all sides are heard.I just came up with the idea now I need help to put it together from all of you.

14. prettyfulpitbull

awww but that's why I want three different people with different views to make it up so that we can ask questions only someone who did research would know.14 rock from reading your post i assume you are a pretty smart person on our breed.

15. Marty

Marty Guest

Its a good idea I think... it will take alot to iron out the pros and cons though, we could all pool together and come up with something I'm sure, If we can get it all together we could pass the info around and see what people think of it ;)

I'll give it some thought :)

16. prettyfulpitbull

THX SO MUCH MARTY!!!Let's do it.I think we should vote on people who will make up the questions and why we picked that person.Oh and by the way everyone don't vote for me cause it was my idea.I want the best to do this not me.I have a lot to learn.After we get this together we should all take the test to see our results but the results should be personal so there's no arguements.

17. prettyfulpitbull

I think there will be people who will go to a different breed and it will draw the attention off our beloved breed

18. ChAnimal

ChAnimal Big Dog

Very well said.

19. JuicyCa

JuicyCa Big Dog

LMAO-that's true! No matter what, people are still going to find some way around the law and continue to pursue illegal activities. I don't know if there's any way we could overcome this kind of behavior. People without licenses still drive all the time ( I know I did for a while-out of neccessity, thought).

20. prettyfulpitbull

yes but it might put an end to bsl.isn't that our goal to fight bsl?It's about the same as bsl but more fair imo thx for thoughts everyone whether they be good or bad