1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My living nightmare....Miakoda's dead......

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by miakoda, Aug 26, 2007.

1. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

I'm very sorry for your loss. I experienced something similar five years ago, take it one day at a time. We are all here for you Mia.

2. Wow, Mia, I am so very sorry you having to go through this.
    Miakoda IS a hero and I know how proud you must be.
    I am sorry that it ended the way that it did.

Marty is right though....as well as a few others, I am glad to hear that this story will be told. For her and you as well as the rest of us.

I agree with the stronger leash laws...had an incident here just shorlty ago with that.
    You take care and know that you are in all of our thought and prayers, you and your family....I am very very sorry to hear this Mia.

R.I.P Miakoda, angels are with you

3. diva

diva CH Dog

It brought tears to my eyes to read your post. I am so sorry for your loss. Please let us know where to send the letters. RIP miakoda.

4. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Bastard! Better hope they had a permit for that gun - throw the book at em!

RIP Mia - I can't believe this, it just sucks!

5. RightHandImp

RightHandImp Big Dog

I'm speechless reading what happened Mia. I'm so sorry.
    All my prayers.

R.I.P. Miakoda <3

6. MajorPain

MajorPain Big Dog

Mia, your post made me cry. I look like a fool, balling at the computer in font of my customers at work. But I don’t care. I completely feel for you.

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Mia, I am so sorry to hear that. I'm at a loss for words. May Mia rest in peace. God Bless you and your family. And she is a hero. I hope justice is served.

8. cdpits

cdpits Pup

My condolences to you & your family :(

RIP sweet Miakoda, valiant to the end, a true bulldog....

9. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I am so sorry this happened to Miakoda. She was a beautiful dog, and obviously a loyal companion. I can't believe what an a$$ that man is, and the AC's reaction to you. If it was the other way around, where the pit attacked the dog, it would be PTS immediately...But enough of that, there is enough anger to go around...

RIP Miakoda. You were an amazing girl. Sorry, the most dangerous animal of all, the human being, had to be the end of you. :(

I am sorry to you, Mia and Cole. I wish there was something I could do for you.

10. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Right on Simms. And let's not forget that dog was originally headed full throttle for the stroller -with baby Cole in it- and we don't know what coulda happened if Mia hadn't been there. I get sick thinking about it. That dog should be destroyed.

11. My thoughts exactly.....The wrong dog was shot, sadly enough...

12. kgip2k

kgip2k Guest

Very sorry to hear about your loss....

13. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

Condolences Mia. The dog was a hero in any sense of the word that is applied to dogs. Definately post the name of your home town, thier newspaper, police department (the person in charge of investigating your incident) the shooter,and television media, as well as thier physical and email adresses. Get sworn , notorized and video (if possible) statements (depositions) from your witnesses while thier recollection is fresh. This will also give you the option of allowing your witnesses the oppurtunity to recollect thier memories in thier own words. His negligence with regards to his dog's confinement, compounded by his illegal (?) actions are a shame. If he is convicted (YOU SHOULD GET ONE NOW ANYWAY TO ADVISE YOU OF HOW TO ESTABLISH YOUR CASE) of unlawful anything in regards to the firearm, get a civil lawyer ( preferably an APBT owner) and go for the his pocket book. You might not be able to "sue" on behalf of Mia , but its extremely possible that the judge or jury may take her into consideration (subliminally) when awarding you damages. Make his life as miserable as possible, legally. Show this 3itch what gameness is. From here on out , you are an example to all APBT owners, and a representative / ambassador of the breed. I'm assuming you don't have a husband around or one who is capable of beating the shyt out of this anal orafice, (I doubt this would have happened if you did) but don't let that deter you because the pen (in some cases) is mightier than the sword.There was a story about a guy who stabbed an APBT in a dog park over a fight. People like that have a high propensity for violence anyway and they only need an excuse to get violent with someone or something weaker. (IE:animals, women, children, yet they won't "MAN UP", to what they percieve as a formidable or insurmountable threat) So please keep that in mind when you "retaliate".(Legally ,of course), Also keep this old adage in mind

"NEVER DO A MINOR INJURY TO A MAJOR ENEMY", Sun Tzu

Pull out all the stops. Get an "order of protection", / "protection from abuse", or your states equivalent. Also get an injuction barring him from threatining you or harassing your dogs or family. Then vigorously document, and report each and every violation. This will help your lawsuit as well as tighten the screws. If you tighten the srcews tight enough and break him into enough pieces, he may just swallow the barrel of the same shotgun he shot Mia with. Demand a rabies test on the dog. Get treated for Rabies if they won't test. I know it hurts. All this pressure may prevent this person from physically harming you if he is inclined to obey the law. (Which he may not be after you finish grinding him through the system.) Legally arm yourself for you, your family, and your dogs protection. Find out the name of the prosecutor and prosecuting attorney, then post thier physical and e mail addresses, and we all (I know I can't speak for every forum member) will deluge them with letters seeking upgraded charges as well as the maximum penalties.
    Have you had problems with this guy before? He sounds like a punk who knows his dog would have gotten it's ass kicked by a dog half its size, that was only defending herself and family.
    Mia died "IN THE LINE OF DUTY". If thier is a dog heaven, and I hope there is, Mia is there now. No judgement day, purgatory or if ands or buts.
    Not to play the race card, (Which I am >>>deals from bottom of the deck) but this guy seems to be getting off kinda easy. Was the shooter white? If not thats some real bullshyt, because then the discrimination is directed at the dogs.
    GOOD LUCK
    Your handling of this situation shows an incredible amount of strength an moral fortitude. I pray if I am ever dealt such a blow (God forbid), I could handle myself with such strength, dignity,grace and restraint.
    OH! One last thing:
    To the killer of MIA:
    F*%k You, A$$hole.

14. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

I am so sorry for what has happened. That situation is my worst nightmare.
    I would gather your neighboors who saw the incident and everyone make statements. And please let us know where we can send letters and who we can contact to fight for Mia. We need to get rid of idiot curs like this, too many problems and it just comes back on our dogs. Arg.
    You are in my thoughts, and I hope that idiot gets what he deserves. it is unfortunate for the dog, but the dog is not stable. Please, let us know how we can help.
    RIP Miakoda, we will see you again someday soon.

15. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Sorry for your lost! There's no way this SOB will get away, I'm sure he'll due some time for this. This really pisses me off when owners don't take responsibility for their dogs. What the hell was this owner doing and what was he thinking of letting his dog out the house when he's not going to be supervise it?

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Update:

A sheriff's deputy came by this morning for a couple of reasons. One, he wanted to see how we were doing. His sympathy and kindness is amazing.

Two, the guy down the street bailed out this morning. This is where it gets frustrating. His statement to the police claimed that he wasn't intentionally trying to shoot Miakoda. He claims that he was just concerned that I had already been bitten and he didn't want anyone else to be hurt so the only thing he could think of was to shoot one of the dogs. He stated that the dogs were moving and twisting around and he just shot at them not really knowing which dog he was aiming at. (which is all a LIE! :mad: ) So now, I've got to have several of the other neighbors who witnessed the incident go in to dispute his weak cover-up as they all saw him hitting & kicking on Mia, get pulled off by 2 other men, then go inside & come back out with the gun. If he didn't care about which dog was injured, he would've done the same to his dog....but he didn't.

Three, he did agree to have his dog euthanized at the end of the 10 day guarantine period (which all dogs must go through here in LA regardless of whether or not they've been vaccinated for rabies).

Four, since his dog was vaccinated for rabies within the year and since there is no leash law where I live, legally he was not doing breaking the law by allowing his dog loose (although it did bust out the front door without him knowing).

Today is still like a foggy dream......yesterday doesn't even seem real. :(

However, now is the time for me to stop fighting on the internet against the injustice, and instead make the fight personal. A war as begun, not just for me, but for all of us. And we have to fight it in person and that's what I plan on doing. On Friday I've got a meeting with a parish council member about imposing a mandatory leash law and also a dog-bite law. And although I'm not against guns by any means, where I live is going from rural to suburbia real quick and the laws of the country living have no place in neighborhoods (even 1-street ones). I'll try my best to keep y'all updated either through me typing or through Marty. And I'm working on some written stuff right now which I'll post for a proof-read before it's all submitted.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support.

17. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

Very sorry to hear about this

18. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

Fight the fight Mia. You have my full support. I hope this guy gets what he deserves. I think he agreed to put the dog down in order to save his own ass. He's so full of it about the shooting. A real tough guy with his shotgun. I hope he gets what he deserves. Stay strong.

19. surfercalavera

surfercalavera Big Dog

OMG, sorry for your lost
    All my support from Spain

20. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

Mia he will probroly change his mind about the dog being put down after the ten days,, he is probroly telling them what he wants them to here,, get ur ducks in a row and prepare urself, he could have shot his dog but didn't,, lying prick,,, he was just worried about his and figured the cops would side with him putting the dog down,,, and the police is gonna try and smooth things over also,, old war note::: NEVER TRUST ANYONE