1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My living nightmare....Miakoda's dead......

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by miakoda, Aug 26, 2007.

1. CaseyLain

CaseyLain Pup

I am truly sorry for that horrible experience. God bless you & your family.

2. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

If you have not thought about this already....the issue is the dog was a danger and a threat well before the scuffle. Get as many accounts from the witnesses before it is removed from their memories, you will need this as you move forward with civil court.

3. 440rider

440rider Guest

very saddning news that restrained dog defending itself becomes a target at the hands of irresponsible actions. Very sorry to hear.

For those reading.... it's a very smart idea to carry a breaking stick when in public with your animals to aid in seperating dogs in hold in case of an accident as has been posted.

APBT owners should have as much right as the next to be able to stroll down the block with their animals without fear of such a situation and detrimental concequences. Good luck in your fight and hope to hear of victory.

Take Care!

4. I agree that all owners should have a means (ie breakstick ) for use while in public. I just wanted to add that a breakstick will work for alot of APBT's, but may not be the best answer for a human aggressive dog.

5. simms

simms CH Dog

Good advice 440rider

I carry a parting stick and pepper spray. I also sport my camos and "ware" a rugged shoe.

1 person likes this.
  6. tjpitbull

tjpitbull Big Dog

Sorry about your lost keep us posted on what happends to the SOB and his mutt.

7. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

i just logged in and read this,my prayers are with you during this tough time.i am sure there is something you can do legally to this idiot.now i will do one thing better than write a letter,if this goes to court or for ANY reason at all you need someone to speak in person on behalf of this wonderfull breed you get in touch with me through my email wich i will send you in a private messege and i will hop a plane right out there and be right beside you all the way.won't be the first time i have done this for folks in matters like this.and if there is anything you and your family need you feel free at any time to email me and you got it.

8. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Oh I dont hate them just because of this. I hate them in general. I am sure everyone has a breed they hate and think is worthless. But just because I think they are worthless doesnt mean I think they should be banned or anything. People have a right to own whatever breed they want weather I like them or not. But this particular dog IMO should be euthed. It busted out of its house and would have likely attacked Cole or Mia, had Miakoda not been with them to stop him.

9. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Another suggestion:

Sue the piss out of his homeowners insurance! The company will want a quick settlement but don't give in.

Even though not much can be collected for the dog itself in a lawsuit, big bucks for mental and physical pain and anguish as well as for permanent disfigurement.

I have a friend who just collected her settlement after 3 years....I think it is worth the struggle in Mia's memory....Good Luck I will post any other reasonable suggestions.

10. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I dont know how things work in your state, but in our state(Louisiana), sueing the insurance company over a dog incident is not helpful to the cause at all, and is very hurtfull. They will pass the poop down hill. Already we are experiencing this from the Katrina storm, and it is not getting better.

11. Michele

Michele Guest

Yes, in this particular case, the dog should be euthanized, along with it's owner......

12. my heart goes out to you - mia died a most honourable death - she gave her life to protect both you and cole - i know that may seem the last thing in the world you want to hear right now whilst in mourning for your family member and best friend but its all i can do to offer a few kind words that might help you to get through such a traumatic experience.

ignorant and irresponsible bastards like the owner of the beast obviously have no morals - if thats hows he's allowed his dog to behave i'd hate to imagine what kind of family he's brought into this world!!!

i offer my deepest sympathy for you and your family and sincerely hope that this man (if thats what i should call him) is never allowed to own another animal again EVER

13. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I can't even imagine the trauma you're going through right now. Best of luck to you, and fight to the end.

14. Marty

Marty Guest

Mia has said the guy signed the papers for the dog to be put down after the 10 days... lets hope it happens.

15. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

Glad to hear this news. How is she doing in the midst of all of this Marty?

16. Marty

Marty Guest

As you know she lost her best friend so she's really taking it hard right now, shes trying to get her self together and I'm sure she will become even stronger in her fight because of this... she never thought something like this could ever happen to her just as we all do but it can happen to any of us at any time being out in public with these dogs :(

17. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

In my state you can be sued for your dog getting into a fight with another dog, the owner of the other dog stomping you and your dog to the point you suffer broken bones and perminent nerve damage, and the owner of the other dog being bitten by his own dog - and then he sues you.

IMO opinion if you suffer perminant damage physically from this incident at no fault to yourself, well that is what insurance is for. It won't lessen her pain or bring Mia back, but she should be compensated for her own personal damage, the bites to her leg, otherwise just don't have insurance as it serves no purpose...JMO purple and I do feel strongly about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2007
  18. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

This makes me so very sad for her and Mia. This really reminds me of my situation only much worse. I wish there was something i could do to help but through my experience i know that that nothing heals this pain but time and that doesn't even work too well.

19. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

You could say that ten times, and it still would not be enough! All it takes is one split second!

20. simms

simms CH Dog

I agree......