1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Figuring Out This Girls Color

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kinggatorpits, Feb 12, 2008.

1. kinggatorpits

kinggatorpits Big Dog

Hey All,
    I'm trying for the life of me to figure out this color on this girl...I've heard blue,diluted black and every thing else under the sun...to us she looks light blk with the brown over top of it like the seal colored pups we have I'm trying to send in all of thier paperwork just can't figure out the color on her. So what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I think its best to keep it simple.

Black with white markings!

3. so why arent you saying she is seal colored?

4. kinggatorpits

kinggatorpits Big Dog

well that's what I had orginally thought...but her coat is more brown than anything...I just have personally never had this color come out on a pup before their all usually cut and dry but this one has proven not to be that simple.

5. ayobreezie

ayobreezie Big Dog

That's how my 3 yr old's coat is.. I thought it was black at first.. but you can definitely see the brown on him when he's in the sun or when you look closely.. I just call it black, but I would think it'd be a type of brindle.

EDIT - from reading about it, it would be seal, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

In the photos she looks to be dark blue, but from your description she sounds to be seal.

Here is a pic of a dark blue bitch I owned if this helps:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  7. gootza

gootza Pup

she looks dark blue to me too.
    If she has brown shinning through in the sun thats an awesome coat!
    She'd be soo pretty!

8. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

Found this from an Am Staff site, but it works here to.

[​IMG]
    Here's "Cleo" and she is a seal colored dog. She actually looks like a chocolate in this pic. The color of seal can range from seeming black all the way to a chocolate shade. Some think of this as a black but it's not a true black. It has tan tipping throughout the coat or around the neck or shoulders. If the dog seems black but out in the sunlight has some sort of tan anywhere or seems 'faded'.. then it's a SEAL. The tips or lighter shading will be seen on the sides, around the shoulders and sometimes in the loin.