1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Needing help deciding between 2 breeders

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Kinglion, May 24, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Kinglion

Kinglion Pup

Hey All,

I've been doing a lot of research lately and looking to add an apbt to the household. Will be a pet, inside, and around 2 kids, and the wife. Looking to see if anyone has any dogs from either, how are they? If you have any other suggestions, let me know, I'm located in Texas and currently in a couple of Texas FB groups looking for pups as well.

1. https://americanbandog.com/american-sentinel-bandog
    * I've been on this site a lot lately and their Youtube page. I've even interacted with Lee and all seems to be great. I wouldn't be getting a Bandog, I would be getting an apbt from his Pitbull program.

2. http://www.bryantsreddevils.com/index.htm
    * Their dogs look amazing too. I've been reading a ton on their site and searched in these forums for more info.

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

It is whichever one that gives you, as the purchaser, the warm fuzzies.

I'm a cheap bastard as I have clearly stated in the past. I did see a $2500 stud fee so I can only imagine how much a puppy cost.

I would think you could find exactly what you want for far less money.

Again, I am cheap and can't see the $$$$ people kick out for puppies.

S

david63 likes this.
  3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Lee Robinson, who is American Sentinel, is a member here. I see him post his dogs on FB daily. Beautiful functional dogs. I don't know the other one to comment on them but like slim said, it really comes down to what You're looking for and which kennel fits the bill for you. I like Lee as a person as well. He's extremely knowledgeable on a vast array of subjects and easy to talk to. Good luck with whichever you go with. Maybe he'll see this and chine in.

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I'm a cheapo as well. I couldn't see myself spending that kind of coin on a pup either. That's why I just stick to my own 1k fuzzy tailed curs. :))
    Last time I spent 2500+ on a dog I bought a 5 year old 3x winner. Then again, I don't really have a need for a Bandog other than to scare my neighbors with so I doubt I'll ever own one. Lol.

Ssdd likes this.
  5. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Another thing with the bandog is that there is usually some defensiveness about them and that can (not always, but a lot of times) make them a liability.

I had Fila Brasileiros for a long time. It was a coin flip. On one side I had all the home security a person could ever ask for when I left working the nightshift. On the other side, I was looking at a lawsuit and the loss of homeowner's insurance anytime we had a visitor. That is a lot to handle.

But that can also be with any dog or any breed of dog.

Again, it is all about your warm fuzzies.

S

bamaman likes this.
  6. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Both are good choices, if that's what you want. It's your money, spend as you see fit, but more money isn't always better. All my dogs were free to me. ;)