1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Needle in a hay stack

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ourgalsunday, Nov 24, 2013.

1. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

The more I research , the more I see how much careless breeding and mix breed Pits has wiped out portions of the APBT.
    The Blue Paul Dog which is an extinct breed that most likely is melt pot into APBT .
    Must of been typical of many fighting dogs of those days .
    The dog men of those times had there own strains . Had there hopes tied into there dogs & were not sharing there dogs with just any one

So it seems the APBT is the culmination of the hard work of known and unknown dog men .Many of those men realized there dream dog.
    Those who breed now (for real) are looking for that needle and it's there to be found.

Still what a shame year after year careless breeding of no direction and even worse mutts involved with no direction is destruction . many have APBT's and , yet they are versions of nothingness; all you have is a nice dog far lost to what it came from.
    So ya I have a nice dog. but I see the truth and that is important.

Thank you Pit bull community for having info that has made me realize who I was as a APBT AFICIONADO in my past WAS a joke ... WOW !!

My pit mistakes # is more then 5 , Like a child I can't change my mistakes of my past . For now I will trying to learn with a clean slate .

There is nothing wrong with a nice dog . treat it well . have pride in it . But realize the truth.

2. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

I will trying to learn - is - I am trying to learn.

gotta work on my writing jeez

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

W.t.f.............are you smokeing...............gis some.......................

4. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

Late night thinking .

OK let me try once more

1800's there are line's of pit dogs that are real ( very real ) those variations became unique for those dog men
    Blue pauls Red smuts were breeds

The Blue Paul from Scotland is extinct in his pure form but must of been crossed with The Pit Bull Terriers in England and Ireland,

In 1857, A imported dog called Spring was shipped over from Glasgow, Scotland to America. at that time Glasgow was the center of Blue Paul activity. This dog named Spring won many matches in the USA
    and was used to breed with another bitch import So is the Blue Paul really extinct maybe as the pure form yes.

So I see the same reality for the APBT Dog men put time in to develop lines . Then modern times world wide the APBT
    has some BYB breeding with no direction for generations APBT with just a Ped - Pits mutts on the street - Bully Pits with peds .
    Wile this is going on ( Like Now ) the real dog men of today work as hard as ever to retain what they know is real.

Yet a huge number of Pits have lost there true past, they are a shell of there type from the 1800's
    they are the growing number of extinct Pit bulls that you can see & pet, But there not real .
    It is a form of Extinction.
    Many are still nice dogs as pets.

5. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

A lot of fighting lines were crossed and blended also to produce some of the ones we have to-day....and...>>>>???????????????.........so...........get a time machine............

6. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

As said before their was a -lot of white and colored bull terriers..which were brought over that LOOk nothing like what they do to-day.... View attachment 28994 THAT ARE PRESENT IN A LOT OFF LINES....THERE IS IN ALL PROBABILITY LINES THAT HAVE NONE OR VERY LITTLE......BUT THESE ARE ALL JUST OPINIONS................

7. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

I told you before you think too much, digging 100 years in the past will not help you whatsoever today. the dogs of today may look "similar or not" but dog of today are what thet are because thats the direction people bred in. Im not speaking on your everyday BYB dog. I'm talking about a purebred APBT bred for its job. No that its job has change somewhat there will be a new evolution, likely bigger stronger dogs.You think wayyy too much. NOBODY KNOWS EVERY DOG USED TO BREED THE APBT AS MOST BREEDERS USED WHAT THEY THOUGHT THERE DOGS NEEDED. STARTED FROM BULLDOGS AND BECOMES A MELTING POT. EVERYTHING FROM WHIPPETS, WHITE TERRIERS TO THE "BLUE PAUL DOGS". Have you ever owned a gamebred dog?

8. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

A male dog as a puppy 1989 at a cost of $600 , back then I could not appreciate the easy way to acquire
    but he came out of many dogs pictured in Straton books. After I had him a few years the man I received him from
    told me cause he developed trust, told me my males father was 2X and he'd take my dog back in a heartbeat.
    hearing that made me feel like - Not My Dog ! He stays with me.

In my minds eye now, all these years later He was my best dog A nice 50 pound strong guy . Brave - well mannered - Protective with real wisdom . He never caused me any problems . he never messed with dogs of lesser stature , But some he wanted - jumping like a Yo Yo wile on leash , Just writing about him makes me feel a little sad . Some times I forget even my experiences are now from a different time thats also gone .

9. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Eugene Glass has pretty good info..you read it?

10. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

Thanks It is time for some new reading material

11. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

ANYBODY GET THE "feeling"THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE HOLDING CONVERSATIONS WITH THEM-SELFS ON THIS FORUM,,LOOKING AT A COUPLE OF THREADS..THE LAST WEEK/R/SO.....???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

12. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

I feel you bluebull. I keep telling him he's making thing too complicated.

13. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

So the APBT flow will go as it goes .

14. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

LMFAO You're not alone BLUEBULL!!!

15. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Thinkin someone needs more time reading..less posting.metal detector find a needle every time.

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

"Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy

17. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

A metal detector that finds a needle is ok - but you need it to have discrimination adjustment and sensitivity control to fined the good stuff

18. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Well plenty has been offered .best of luck with your searching.

19. Lol coulda shoulda woulda

20. Zigzzagz

Zigzzagz Pup

I see you are a sentimentalist. Nothing wrong with that but it can make for some difficult living. Our breed isn't dying, or on the decline and it surely isn't disapearing as some think. Everything changes and transforms and becomes something slightly different but in the important respects it stays the same. It's all in there in the same way you might look at your son and see your long passed grandfather in him. The old breed is still there inside our dogs today but as to individual strains all things must eventually pass and it's usually, in breeding at least, because the strain has played out, become unviable in some way, or a better strain has come along.