1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New Bloodline: Any advice?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Mudville_Monsta, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

what makes me different from a byb is, i know about and i'm still trying to study the history of the breed, i know the history of my dogs, i take care of all my dogs in every aspect. all of my dogs are registered,up to date on all possible health matters,they are fed healthy and i practice responsible planned breeding. i take time to see if the buyer would be the best possible owner for the pup, if not i don't sell, i offer contracts, all of the pups are sold on a breeding contract. i'll take back all of the pups i've sold if the owner can't keep them any more and refund them. i'll also help them place other dogs they can't keep. let all of the buyers know as much info about the pups, the line, and breed as possible and keep an open door policy with them for the sake of the pup they bought from me and others they bye. i think that is more than any byb would do and i'm sure others would agree. also in case you didn't read i'm line breeding to preserve and purify the blood and using proven lines to outcross when needed. i want to breed quality pits that have all the traits that they're meant to have but can excell at either show or game. the only thing that's going to change is the name when i feel the line has been established. yes, i said i'm not breeding for game or show. but i also said that my dog is game and so are others from the three generations that the family has owned and bred. just because i'm not directly breeding for game doesn't mean i'm breeding away or trying to change the blood. this breed is bred for game and show, and lines do change. if what you and blitz were saying was true than, that's like saying show dogs can't be game and game dogs can't be shown and if you pull then there should be lines that only produce pull dogs etc. also what lines do you breed? do you show only or use for game only, are there show and game dogs the lines you have? do you breed for game or show. do you sell them? if you do then do you only sell them to game owners or show owners. because if there are show and game dogs from the lines you have then what seperates those breeders where you got your dogs from byb's or your line differnt from what i'm trying to do. if you sell to game and show owner than what makes you different from a byb? all i want to do is breed quality pits, if they are game great, if they have excellent confirmation and can be shown great, if they have both then i have done what i set out to do and that's the best of all.

2. "Breed for the box & the conformation & pulldogs will come out."

Try doing a little bit more research and it will pay off. Contacting other breeders was a very good course of action. Taking your time & NOT BREEDING dogs for right now may be an even better one.

3. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

well first off i wasn't going to respond anymore to this thread but sense it was dug back up, and by a new poster i will to give you my opinion on your comments.

not everyone in my area is uneducated to the breed or byb's. if i can't sell a pup here i can't sell one anywhere. there are uneducated people to the breed and byb's everywhere.

what you said about the contracts not having anything to do with the quality of my dogs is true, but i never said it did. i was simply stating one of the many things that seperate me from a byb which was in the post before and brought out my response.

about your sarcastic response toward the methods of breeding i'm going to use, again i was just simply giving a general outlook of what i will be doing to develope this line. what's wrong with purifiying and preserving in just 3 gens. if you have a good bulldog that gives you what you need then the best thing to do is to purify and preserve. many of the great lines today were created this way. to jump the gun and say i am going to outcross in 3 gens. is purley your thought and requires no further comment.

to just come out and say i'm breeding for the box is ignorant, and would cause the type of attention that we as a fraternity do not need, need to encourage or need to condone. maybe you should have read some more other posts that i have written or asked some of the other members about me. then you might have a better grip of who i am. but then again you just joined and have missed a lot of threads and posts, too bad you might have taken a more educated or knowledgable shot at me.

They First breed for the performance aspect of the breed, while paying attention to the unique physical, psychological, & physiological variables of their particular bloodlines/ stock.

Who said i'm not going to do the same? I'm in this for the long run what about you?

$$$ & a goal to better the breed & not just a neighborhood

Wow.$$$. spoken like a byb. i have a goal and i'm doing what i can for the breed it's not just for a neighborhood it's for everybody,but it has to start here where i am. what do you do where you are. seems too me that your protecting or sticking up for others but haven't said anything about yourself. Why is that?

now to end this for now on a thread i thought was dead. one thing i want to say is i'm going to do this, i have a great outlook and plan and will consult with other knowledgable people and breeders. I continue to do research and find more knowledge. This is a very old subject that should have stayed dead but when there's new life there's new growth. maybe for others, not me (i don't mind) when there is a difference of opinion try to spread your infinate knowledge instead of taking a negative path. to help others will only increase the positivity we need to associate with this breed and also help to strengthen bonds between other owners and breeders. negativity between us in this community is more ignorant than all peta members put together.

In these tryintimes we don't need haters!

[It's In The Game]
    Mudville_Monsta

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2005
  4. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Mudville Monstsa, Hey hows it going. I haven't been on the board for a while and I see that you now have a Photo up of your All White Male. He looks good, I notice that he has a Red Nose, what lines his he? Me and my businesss partner just had a nice Colby Litter and we have an great All White Female puppy.

Mr. Mixon
    http://www.cdbaby.com/polabear

5. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

how's it going Mr.Mixon. it has been a while. Yeah i posted a pic of my female she is predominantly white with a brown brindle patch down her left hind leg, and the same colored spot on her tail. i'm glad you PM'd me cause i rarely come to this site anymore. i'll give you a holla pretty soon.

6. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

oh yeah and one more thing.........looking back at this thread has showed that what i said about being here for the long run shows. on top of that. i laugh at myself because i have learned so much since then i see the errors of my ways in some of what i said. with that said, to the newbies to this breed and to the ones who think they know it all. keep your nose to the grind and you will one day see the truth.

7. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Mudville Monsta, my family bought its first dog from the Colby Family 27-Years Ago and I have only ever own American Pit Bull Terriers and I am learning every single day. I will study the breed as long as I have breath in me. Someday maybe I will be knowlegeable. Until then I will respect the Dog Men of the old days and admire them.

8. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

Yikes...this thread makes dogmen cry

9. semo

semo Top Dog

I dont know how much you have learned Mudville_Monsta, but at least in the begining you sounded like a promising *SARCASM* BYB , i sure hope you have seen teh light.

10. Txloner

Txloner Pup

Ole "MUDDY" has come along way , I would consider him to be an elite guy....Yours Truley Txloner

11. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Its not just dogmen it makes cry. Anyone who cares about this breed would cry from reading it.

12. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Big Dog

yea mudd has come a ways, your right loner, at first i couldnt beleive muddville wrote that. lol.

YIS

YO

13. mudville i read the entire thread and i am going to be honest with you and i dont mean this in a mean way.over the many years i have seen alot of folks try to do what you are doing right now,they use the same breeding practices and such like you were describing.for the most part they fail at their task and the reason they fail is not because of their breeding practices.it is because of their lack of knowledge of genetics and they rushed to quickly into trying to make themselves the next john colby or flyod boudreaux.you are on the right path mud and i will give you that,but it is entirely to soon to try and establish a line right now.what you need to do is study genetics to see what goes into making a proper breeding because only 75% of a good breeding is the paper the rest relys on your trained eye for matching up dogs that would produce the right pups,and that only comes with time and patience.my advice to you at this time is wait,study,and be patient.this way you wont be just another kid who failed at trying to breed and instead you will be known for producing the best quailty dogs that you could have ever hoped for,and that my friend is what makes you a asset to the entire APBT world not just to your area.

14rock likes this.
  14. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

first off what's up fellas, thanks for those compliments........and yeah that was me.LMAO!

Texas Pit Dogs, i see exactly what you mean in your post and not one word rubbed me in the wrong way. like i said before, i have seen the error of my thinking back then. Breeding is a controversial subject no matter what stock you start with. there are cold dogs and curs who have thrown better than offspring than hard working dogs. believe me when i say "today" my focus on these dogs is not in the breeding area. last but not least i'd like to say thanks for coming on here and replying in a respectable and knowledgable way, instead of a smart or sarcastic remark. in my opinion it's the way men of this breed should handle themselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2006
  15. to be honest i hope what i typed sank in.now if you ever need advice you feel free to pm me and i will try and help you out so you at least start out on the right foot.

16. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

believe me brotha it have been away from that type of thinking for some time now. it doesn't really show due to the fact i rarely come to this site anymore. but thatnks for your extension. it's very generous and honorable.

MUDVILLE!

17. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

If you live in northern cali then I am close to where you are at and I would be able to help you with what ever I can. I too was trying to start my own line but I dont have the proper resources for that so I guess my dream of doing that is at a hold right now, but instead of me doing it myself I would love to help another.

18. pitbull i am going to be sending you a pm shortly so keep your box open.i have some things i need to discuss with you.

19. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

No problem I will be waiting

20. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Not being a jerk but why would you want to breed for anything other than gameness? There are many petbull breeders out there!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.