1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New mill, Improvised

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

manual,, 2 of them, they were lightly used, one is a lot rougher ride than the other, this is the better of the two, i have to see if i can free up the other one with new bearings and grease, but you should get good results with anyone you use, it just takes some time and busted knuckles but you will get it to work if you keep at it,

i put an older dog on first, let him run nit while i messed with the belt, had 2 pup(8mos. olds) watchin him run, so after 5-8 mins. i would switch dogs and go on with my adjusting, .....cause at first your belt going to walk one way or the other, as soon as it starts up, ......so you have to dial the belt in , then get the side of the belts snug up to the angle iron, i had the angle iron on (4)washers (so the angle iron is raised above the running surface 2/8 -1/4'' inch) (belt will not rub under(or try too) and stop then).........then you put on the side's make sure you have NO RUBBING AT ALL! i had that happen , and found out after i was complete......so i took the hammer to it and fixed that, so to save your self grief put a paint stick in between the wheel surface and wall when mounting,(only if you leave the weights on!) i did leave weights on, and it seems to be fine. but your mill may function differently, if you don't like how it runs with the weights then remove them, but my front axle has fastened weights,(non removable without a lot of banging crap and it might just break my axle so i left it.

the angle iron and bumper just stop your dog from running with 3 legs and resting one on the side of the mill surface(sides of belt, were there is no belt)

2. rooftopdrop

rooftopdrop Big Dog

be careful with the dogs paws getin to close to 1 side or another they can get pinched i made 1 like that about 10 years ago and my dogs paw got pinched wasnt real bad but it tore him up a little i took that foam spray for filling cracks and sprayed the hell out of it on both sides then took a knife and ran it along between the belt and foam so it would turn freely it worked good. p.s. that looks better than mine did good job.

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Thats a good idea , Boris the oldest here has longer nails than the rest, (cause no one can cut them or try too) , so he did break two nails but that's only cause they were long, i was worried about the tops of the angle iron, and holes in the angle iron also but did seem to have a problem with the holes, i had one pup put a foot on the angle iron top, and run with three legs the lazy mofo. so i put the bumper on, (when running they don't lift there feet abouve the bumper, so it unnatural to put there feet theere, ending the "side rider" problem/

4. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

i made some like that too,but i used the overhead design that gcm uses and it works fine for me and is easy to break down.yours looks good and the ones i made to were free just a little elbow grease.