1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New Mom

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zarasmom, Feb 17, 2010.

1. zarasmom

zarasmom Pup

Hello everyone,

I just recently received my first Pitbull/German Shepard mix pup for Valentine's day. It was a very sweet gesture by my boyfriend. I live in Miami, FL, where as I'm sure most of you know... have a full pit bull is illegal in the county of Miami-Dade. So I have this mix, she is gorgeous. But the down side is that he purchased her from an unreputable breeder and she is only 4 or 5 weeks. I have grown up around puppies and never handled one so young. The first two nights were hard, but now we are in a rhythm. Her name is Zara, she kind of looks like she is a Gotti mix. Very square head, wide stance, stocky... even as just a 4 week old pup!! Adorable. I've been searching online for information about how to care for her. I've found some good resources but I have found that forums like this give the most insight. And since she is a "game" dog... I thought that this would be a great place for me to search and ask others questions. So I will be posting my "TONS" of questions, feel free to give me your insight! I am here to learn and really, REALLY want to take great care of my pup!
    Have a wonderful day! TTYL

2. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

Welcome aboard. In Miami, even mixes that look like pit bulls are considered in that law. Please be very careful with your new pup.

3. Txn_Alix

Txn_Alix Pup

hey, i'm brand new here as well, but i'd like to say that I *think* you may be more at home at pitbull-chat.com

from what I've been reading around here, this isn't for fur-mommas and mixes... but I could quite possibly be entirely wrong :)