1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New pup

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by MIKA, Apr 4, 2007.

1. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

Hey folks, i'm takin SASHA to the vet tomorrow afternoon for her second round of puppy shots. My vet rescued 3, 1wk old pups cause their mother got killed. Well I saw them when I was there with DEBO and said I would take one,(a white & black male). They were two weeks old then. She has bottle fed them and they are now 6wks old and eating great. I'm going to pick him up tomorrow:D . Do ya'll think after I keep him in with me for the weekend it will be okay to put him out with SASHA? She is 11wks old but she is in the same section as DEBO (4MONTHS) and they do great together. I have MIKA,SAMSON,CAINE, & SUGAR away from my pups so they won't be a problem. DEBO weighs 40lbs and is growin up fast. I wonder if he will treat the new pup different cause it's a male? Any advice is greatly appreciated as I value every one of the member's.

2. Suki

Suki Guest

geeeeze, dunno. hard to say. best advice i can give, is introduce them slowly, possibly even with restraints on DEBO and moniter their behavior CLOSELY, and AT ALL TIMES. never assume ANYthing, and be prepared, "just in case".
    just remember "the golden rule"...:)
    sorry, not great advice, but i always error on the side of caution, and NEVER trust any of them not to fight...

3. Turner

Turner Big Dog

I agree with Suki. Congrats and good luck with the lil guy!!