1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New vid= some pics graphic

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Suki, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suki

Suki Guest

2. :( i seen that a few times. people sometimes suck!

3. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

People who allow there dogs to get any where near that condition (for whatever reason) need to be shot! Let's not sugar coat it either, we all know what happened to alot of those dogs!

4. ChAnimal

ChAnimal Big Dog

Yea looks like the dogs were made to look that way for the vid...........................................

5. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

I was thinking more about the dogs all scared up and cut up, not the staged photos of dogs looking sad behind fences

6. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

The owners of these dogs need to be locked in a small cage, no food, no water, be beaten, fought, eye for an eye.

7. b_dog58

b_dog58 Big Dog

I'm sure the owners of some of those dogs will tell you they do that because they love the breed, and want to preserve what they were bred for................. please.

8. cary-dude

cary-dude Big Dog

The people that did that to those dogs should be held down and branded with a branding iron, that way if I ran across one of them I would know it. I would give them a little taste of their own bullshit!!!! That is one sad vid!

9. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

Hey Bul_dog58: I could not have said it better. If you notice, most of those so-called "hard-core" guys/gals did not respond!

10. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

That is a sad and pathetic sight to view, but realize that that is just one breed. Think of all the other animals that this is happening to on a daily basis. It's sorrowful.

11. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

Chinasmom: DAMN, you sure do have a point there!!!

12. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I would really like to know how ANYONE considers dog-fighting the reason for that video. First of all, some absolutely horrific conditions. Secondly, you do not know the reason behind the photos, and alot of them did look incredibly staged (nice fat dog sitting on the clean carpet for the camera with fresh duct-taped muzzle and paws). Third, most of those dogs werent showing signs of dog-fighting at all, the majority of those images showed dogs with mange and/or burns. I would love to know how you can look at a picture and know exactly how those scars came about-because you know what, even a vet cant tell in person whether scars came from a dog, a hog, barbed wire fence, wild game, or something else entirely. You all are either extremely talented, or getting too fat off the PETA propaganda BS to think logically. Finally, what logic says a starved, abandoned, neglected dog is going to be a good fighter. If I make a video that includes 400 pictures of burnt emaciated children, children with severe infections, and a bunch of starving etheopian children.....would you really believe the cause behind that video was children boxing? How do any of those things, help a dog in a fight-THEY DONT. The dogs have it, or they dont. You can't make them have it, but by god you can make them lose it by doing those idiotic things!

DryCreek likes this.
  13. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

It's great when people get mad and want the people who are the problem to pay, but I'll love it when they have the courage to take action. Some bad stuff on that video, but specifically what happened to anyone of them is hard to tell, if even possible. Really sucks though.......

14. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

14 rock: I sort of missed what you were trying to say in you last post, could you condense it or elaborate? Thanks

15. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Basically, I get upset when people see neglected dogs and hint at dog-fighters for being the reason for their state. A match dog is given the utmost care, and attention to perform well. You wouldnt starve, beat and neglect a professional boxer and expect them to perform well, the same applies to dogs. These videos are gruesome, and are hard to watch. But, the fact is, these are not the results of fighting dogs as some have hinted at. Most of the pictures you seen were the result of mange, burns, and other physical ailments. Some of those dogs were severly emaciated, and this is absolutely something that is not done in the dog-fighting crowd. I'm not going to lie here....I will admit that there is backyard trash who rolls dogs and does these things to them. Simply because they are the uneducated, idiotic, extremes these are what the public is lead to believe happens regularly. You would be amazed at the understanding of veterinary care that is given to these dogs to ensure a healthy, happy, long-life. As BGFU's signature line once said "if you cant lick their wounds for them, dont fight them". This is extremely true. The fact of the matter is, most "dog-fighters" are better vets, than most vets...they do not neglect these dogs and abuse them into the shape you are seeing in that video. That video showcases ignorant, irresponsible owners who have no right owning a dog if they will let it get to that condition without immediate help. Chinasmom said it-this is just one breed. The types of people that did that to those dogs, are prevelant in all dog breeds-not just the generic term breed of "pitbulls". That video was sick and disgusting, I could barely stand to watch it. Unfortunately, our breed is one of the most abused breeds probably in the history of dogs. To put the blame on dog-fighters, is absurd, unless you have seen how it really happens.

ETA-I want to make it 100 percent clear to those who do not know me personally. I do not advocate dog-fighting, as it is illegal. The reasons it is illegal are debatable, and everyone has a diffrent view as to why. I do not practice the history of the breed, but I do not deny it and turn my back on it either. I must stand up and fight for the history that made our dogs what they are today. Simply because its illegal now, you will not see me tucking my tail and buying into the propaganda BS. Someone needs to try and educate those to how our breed was really born, and debunk the myths the media would like to portray about dog-fighters. My reasonings=its my duty to the breed, first and foremost. Secondly, for every terrible myth that is put out about "the way they do it" there are 100 idiots who will read that paper, say to themselves "wow that would make me cool if I did that!" and try it themselves the wrong way. This hurts the breed, and the breeds reputation. And I will try my damndest to make it clear this is not right, for my breed, for my breeds reputation, and in general-this is not "right" or "humane" for this to happen to any animal (abuse, neglect, and the physical ailments showcased in that video).

1 person likes this.
  16. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

14 rock: Great post, I now understand where you are coming from and I thank you!

However, there is a point in most fighting dogs lives, where they would look like a few of those pictures. No matter who there owner was or how good of a vet he was, there were a few pictures that looked like the dog had just got out of the pit. Yea, good dog men care for their dogs to the best of their ability but you can't tell me for sure that one or two of those dogs didn't come out of the pit and were owned by good dog men.
    We know they most likely are not real pictures of dog such as mentioned above, because someone would never be able to actually take the picture. But is anyone 100% sure????
    Anyway, great post!!!!!

17. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

That Made Me Cry! This Why I Want To Help Animals And Why I Have Finally Started My Schooling.

18. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I understand your coming from mdknaly, and its a point well taken. Dogs did look like hell after a match, and for a few days after before the swelling goes down, and the wounds start to heal up. Its not for the faint of heart, and its not a pretty sight by a long shot. However, I do not believe any single one of those pictures shows a dog from a true dogman after a fight...not one of them. My reasoning for this is simple : The physical condition of the dogs. Scars and wounds aside, nearly all of those dogs were emaciated to the point where it probably wouldnt of survived the stressful recovery time in that state. A dog in that poor of physical health, wouldnt of lasted long in the box anyways, and if it made it out...it wouldnt be long before it passed on. This is the reason dogs are wormed, worked and brought in, at nearly 100 % tip-top shape-not only for the fight, but to help the body recover from the fight. If there are any boxing, or mma fans in here...look for interviews from post-fight. A recent fight that is fresh in my mind is the George St. Peirre (GSP) fight. They interviewed him laying in the hospital the next day, and this man looked like hell. The face swells up, the face turns hard, and black and blue, eyes swell shut...more than likely pissing blood for a week or two. Its something that people who dont understand it-will probably never understand. To a fighter, its a very minor set-back compared to the fulfillment in our hearts. I do not expect anyone to agree with it, but simply, dont judge us because not everyone sees the same thing, even if looking at the same image.

19. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

Remember that I also said, most likely, that no one would ever see a real picture of a real dog after a real fight... it's all way too secretive...

20. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Either way, the video was made for educational purposes. People who view this video, will have different views & thoughts on how they perceive it. Yes, some of these dogs photos do look staged. But, that must have been part of their plans, to get across their points. If no one made videos for educational purposes, how would some get educated on facts that are real & ongoing today. This breed is the most neglected & abused, than of all breeds. They should mix-up all vidoes, photos, stories, and newspaper articles & make a documentary out of it all. Make all Mayors, Senators, and government officals, watch it. Then, sit back & watch their expressions. I bet they would not walk out uneducated, or without a heart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.