1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Newb with a question

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by teufelshund, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Whats up everyone?!! First off, Im a student of the breed and trying to learn as much as possible. I have read all of Strattons book as well as many others but seems there is still many questions unanswered. So therefore I come to you guys. My question is what exactly do you guys considern game-breed, now I know back in the days breeders would game-test their stock for gameness but nowadays it being illegal :mad: how exactly do you guys determine a game dog. Is there so many dogs that have to have titles in the first few generations in its pedigree in order to consider it game or just simply by its strain or family it is out of? Hope I explained myself and like I said before I am a student of the breed and just trying to gain some knowledge :D Oh, and one more thing whats your guys take on the OFRN strain. Just thought Id ask that since thats what I decided would be my first bulldog. Thanks!!! And try to take it easy on me cause Ive seen how crazy you guys can get :D

2. k_pbs

k_pbs Pup

Generally, imo, a gamebred dog is a dog with both parents tested according to the traditional criterias. Perhaps with room for small variations in tight line breeding.

but I´m no authority on this matter, just my personal opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009