1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Newsweek

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by findrodhere, Mar 9, 2006.

1. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

2. WOW ! Good to see something positive in the press ! Thanks

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Funny, I don't see how depicting "pit bull" owners as thugs w/gold teeth & gold jewelry & prostitutes does any good for us. I have seen that pictorial depiction & think it's utter crap & only reinforces the stereotypes behind what kinds of people own the dogs & for what reasons. (it's funny how I didn't see the overweight, natural eared "pit bull" in the lap of an elderly couple pictured in there......)

4. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

The narrative was enlightened and for the most part the author seems informed and educated on the APBT. But I too think that primarily the gritty urban image was shown. If he really trying to portray the APBT in a neutral or positive light he should have shown a family on the couch with their dog or like Mia said an elderly couple maybe with an aging APBT.

5. :rolleyes: i knew this would get backlash... those pictures were only a few out of a book, the rest of the book may be better... well i liked it and i guess i'm adding another book to my collection... and good call, i mean u can definitely tell they're prostitutes :rolleyes:

(wish the smiley had a different face 'cause I aint bein' sarcastic)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2006
  6. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

The message itself may have meant to be positive, but the pics say otherwise. It should have been more family oriented.

7. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Yeah, it is good. I posted it here a few months back.