1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ningerino Line

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Bighead Pitbull, Mar 12, 2012.

1. How close is the nigerino blood to being Art blood? Why the Hooten blood, can any one really tell how the Hall blood is really bred?

The nigerino family is only about 1/8th or 12.5 % Art. So, you could say they are Eli Jr. Carver blood outcrossed with Ed Crenshaw's white blood in there which was in the mix of Carver's breeding but often didnot show up on paper.

or tell how the Carver/Ed Crenshaw's white blood is really bred?

How about some thoughts on these questions...

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

nigerino is it's own bloodline consisting of a different set of genes. why hooten ? because they were local to that area. nobody but bobby hall can tell you how those dogs are bred expect bobby hall. the "ped stat's" dont tell you what dogs get what percent of genes the offspring receive. ed & carver are long gone so in less you can talk to the dead you need to come to your own conclusion. don't think too hard because those genes have little to no barring on the dogs today.

3. True.. we all know that after the four gen... The influances fall greatly... but If you are a study of the Nigerino dogs... then you would know the nigerino family is inbred up on a dog who was poisoned at a young age therefore making his blood hard to find inbred plus the breeders of this blood chose to linebreed his blood opposed to inbreeding it, which was a smart move and has allowed for a family that up until a few years ago did not require an outcross...

So knowing the answers about would help in maintaining a line ... And there should be some guys out there that as a young man got alittle education... So just thought they might know..

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i don't think you knew that lol because i seen your other thread talking about %. CH red rover was inbred & i had dogs down from him that was inbred. ther was lots of inbred nigerino dog ask TT or SC lol.

5. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

or RM, he had winners from nigerino crosses also

6. Not saying there were not crosses .... I guess I'm not very clear... Looking at the long History of the Line .... Yes... I have talk to Terry... There are some thing in the works..... Just have to wait and see....

And we are talking about poison dog... we are talking about a blend of dogs... that were line bred ... yes... once the family tree began to spread out... Then the inbreding started ....

7. Maybe you all are too young.... or I'm just trying to go back too far.....

8. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

If you are so old and wise, why are you on this board asking questions that you already know the answers to, and if you are so old and have been in the dogs so long, why don't you have better sources than Terry, cause an inexperienced dumb ass can get a hold of him, it isn't hard to do.

9. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

In your opening statement you ask "How close is the nigerino blood to being Art blood?" Well Art is Nigerino's grand sire so.....
    then you say "Why the Hooten blood" well nobody mentioned Mr. Hooten, so why is he in question? the you say" can any one really tell how the Hall blood is really bred?" I bet Mr Hall could tell you, if you want to call him and ask. I have seen some really good dogs bred by Bobby Hall, and while I wouldn't buy one from him, I won't knock his program, because it is producing what it ought to. If you want his number, that isn't hard to find either.

10. venom

venom Top Dog

Nigerino was an art dog, an threw dogs that looked and acted like his grand sire art. The line still throws dogs that look like art! Sure they are Eli jr dogs... But that's a broad spectrum as its a big family with different looking/acting family of dogs down from Eli jr just like there is Eli. Callin it an art dog is just narrowing it down. Saying no its Eli jr! Is no different than saying No! It's Eli!

11. venom

venom Top Dog

Those percentage dont mean dick. They say nothin about a dog genetically, only pedigree wise. To much thinking involved when it comes to "what to call a dog". You gonna call em blind billy dogs, dibo dogs, Hubbards gimp dogs???? U can go back and even further back...

12. Judge,

Man... Just trying to figure out how and why the lines went the way they did... No I not that smart... No I not that old... but old enough to want to learn about the Art and Nigerino lines... and why people to the paths they took...
    Yes.. I know Terry ... Got one of the last Breeding of Bud on my yard...

Back nearly yrs ago my uncle gave me my first dog... He was a Bobby Bred dog.... But back then bing 14 yrs old ... Hell I did care about dogs... I was into fighting chickens... coon hunting and chasing skirts...

Rolled the old dog a few times... every time some came ... they be hallin get that sob off my dog... So he done fairly good...
    But, don't know how he was bred... then at the age of 4... got heart worms and died. Did not get back in to the dogs for a long time...Wife came along . Kids came along... So after the kids we grown and gone go bace into the dogs...

Yes... I admit way behind on knowledge.... Just trying to understand... so

13. NGK

NGK Top Dog

I think a line takes the name of the best producing and performing dog in the front of the pedigree or, of the most predominant breeder who has maintained a working line. Simple really...

NGK

14. venom

venom Top Dog

Well Nigerino is a 3x's Eli jr an Eli jr is his grand sire as well as art. But he's still an art dog. Even with bullyson in there probably being the best producer. He's still an art dog.

15. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

if that sum bitch has a third nigerino in him he will act like a nigerino dog he will have that niggerino look and My self try to keep a 1/4 of it in all mine. in the last 10 years I have been in the dog I have had the best luck with the nigerino crosses

16. chekone77

chekone77 Pup

I've an inbred Nigerino dog off Cates Jimmy. Jimmy X Red Velvet Kitty (jimmy/sparkle). Does anyone else have something bred like this?

17. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

my friend owned ped#32929 Gr.Ch. Rowdy. And ped #427904 "Black Talom" and we co-owned ped #231924 "Wild Child".

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  18. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

ped # 232130 is a breeding we considered but regretfully never got to do.........

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Hey c just post the link bro

20. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

Post em for me Bro I'm not as 'puter savvy as u