1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

No Love for Colby Dogs Anymore??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by deepsouth, Sep 16, 2010.

1. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Shit is legal in Mexico!!...I doubt if anybody is running Colby in Mexico!!....u kno why??...it won't get the job done!!....yeah, they might get in there and show that they are a bulldog but will they bring home the money!!....if it ain't bringing the money home then why use it??...to say u have a dog that started it all??...please!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
  2. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

This thread has contained more shit talk than normal, there has been more people spouting lines they read in a book or heard from someone else than there has been people people relating to the real colby dogs from personal experience.
    [no one in particular]

Crush if you are going to spout old dead greats be fair enough to spout of some of the old dead colby greats aswell there are enough that they helped build the colby name in their time are there not?

Its funny that some REAL doggers have vouched for them over the years yet people that have never had a real game dog nor seen one will spout shit about one of the names that had more influence than anyone.

3. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

I am in no way,shape,or form a colby fancier,but to dismiss a line of dogs as whole and say that there are no good one's is ridiculous.I am willing to bet money there is a man keeping the colby dogs true, and would probably run through 80% of your typical gamebred dogs today.Not because they are colby dogs,but because he's honest with his dogs,and honest with himself.And the reason that you don't hear about them is because this same man tells you its a j/rb/j dog after he takes your money.

4. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

A lot of dogs in Mexico are paperless with no background, despite that they are champs and proven. In Mexico, a lot of people just breed best to best. There are people that register their dogs etc., but a lot of them just breed the best to the best. The sport is vastly popular in Mexico, with true dogmen and with just regular average joes that just brings their dogs to matches after a hard day's work in hopes of doubling their pay checks. The dogmen of course would register their dogs and keep peds, however, the average joes would just breed their dogs with other average joes if their dogs are worth breeding and has gotten the job done. Who knows, some of them could be colby dogs. Also it is noteworthy that there have been people that have gone to Mexico with their dog that has a pretty ped and have gotten their ass handed to them by one of these paperless dogs in Mexico.

5. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

lol...u right JY!!....I'm wrong!....i do have to mention some of the greats colby dogs!!...soooo...I will bet against Colby pincher against any of the dogs I stated above!!...now Colby pincher was a bad boy!!..as I have heard just like I have heard of the above dogs!u have to pratice wat u preach for me to believe and not one of his dogs were Colby!!....I have respect for Lou Colby because of wat he did for the breed!!....but Colby dogs are history 2 me!!...they started it all!!....just cause they started it does mean they are the same as today's dogs!!....the first car ever made can't compete wit the cars of today on any level!!!

6. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

The colby dogs has had countless champions and grand champions spanning over 100 years. There are many a colby dogs that I'd put my money on against chinaman,jeep, cowboy, nigerino, spike, etc. Also why are you mentioning frisco? I thought we were talking about abilities? Frisco was never matched, he was just bred out the ass. Frisco is an unproven dog and I doubt any of the proven colby dogs would have a hard time putting frisco away. I'd place my money on any colby dog before I place it on frisco in the box.

7. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

JamesT.....are u kidding me!!...lol...first off can u read???...cause by my standards u can't!!....go bacc and read wat I said!!...I said % wise as a whole!!!..stop reading wat u want to read and read all of the post!!.....

Newschooldogman....u are right but most I serious doubt that but I can't rule it out

8. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

He's wasn't matched but he was looked at!!...but Ur right we co through frisco out and put one of his offspring in!!...I wish we could just go bacc in time!!...Omg I would be rich!!!.....u right they DID have countless champions!!..the word here is "DID"!!...they don't anymore!!...can u tell why they don't anymore???

9. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

At the end of the day, we feed what we want. However, I respect the colby dogs. The colby dogs has been here for more than 100 years and will be here for another 100 years easily. Are they the best, no, but then again no bloodline is. What we do know is that there have been countless champions and grand champions dropped by the colby dogs. Are colby dogs reputable? Yes. I'll agree that most aren't bred for what their intended purpose or work, however, I'm sure that there are colby dogs out there still for for their original profession. Bottom line is, for the breed's original occupation, you can find phenomenal dogs in just about every bloodline.

10. old goat

old goat CH Dog

let me tell you they no how their dogs are bred down south . some don't have the money to register them . but have hand writens papers . that's all that matters .

11. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I'm going to put it like this!!...u ask every dogmen on this board do he have a Colby dog on his yard and 99.9% of them are going to say no!!...I'm not talking about fanciers either!!..I'm talking about dogmen!!

12. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Frisco was looked at, but from what I was told, he quit in under 15. As for why they don't, I wouldn't go as far as saying that. For all you know, there could be colby dogs out there that are Ch.'s and Gr. Ch.'s. Who's to say, the colby dogs are universal and is one of the most respected bloodlines. The colby dogs have had many a good dogs in just about every weight. They have had dogs like colby's malachy, the 35# dog that was opened to the world to Colby's Pinscher, a catchweight dog that was also opened to anyone in the world. Then you have many dogs in between like Galtie, Pansy, Paddy, Tige, Bobtail Bob, Bunch, Twister, Man-O-War, etc. I could list over 20 colby dogs off the top of my head that have proven their merit, and I'm sure the old timers around here can list many more.

13. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Down south, there are also many an enthusiast that are just average joes looking to double their pay checks with a good dog. Most don't know or care about bloodlines, they just buy dogs off winners and breed to other dogs that can get the job done. They don't even care about the ped, just that the dog can get it done. Most don't know much about bloodlines and traits, out crossing, etc. They just know that their dogs can get the job done and how to put a dog through keep.

14. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Crush if you werent so narrowminded you would not sound so ignorant. Jeeps sire is what? Redboys sire is what? Dibo comes from it. And Jocko comes from it too. And even today there are still Colby dogs like Weavers and Colby Sam that are great true bulldogs.. Its not only history, its in your dog of today. Colby is still very relevant its just unfortunate youve never the pleasure of excercising and living with one.

15. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

dude!!...are u that dense!!.....all those dogs are cross!!...I've already said a cross Colby dog can be a good dog so WTF are u saying???....we are not talking about crosses here!!!!!!!....read my post post then talk to me!!...if Ur not going read my post and talk to me within my post then wats the point!!...we are talking about Colby dogs without any crosses!!

16. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

The Colby line has been kept true and pure. Some say too pure. Even todays dogs are great, do you think the genes just changed? The dogs stopped having ability? I have a pure Colby dog and a half Colby bitch hit with jeep/redboy and theyre amazing specimens that lack nothing next to any other dog. They are not flukes. You cannot knock one off word of mouth. If youre going to be so strongly opinionated you should have first hand experience only. I am currently in the proccess of outcrossing pure Colby to other game lines for certain features and then bringing it back to Colby. A Colby dog can jump, bite, run, like all the dogs but what the other dogs lack is the brains of Colby dogs.

17. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Lmao!!!....I have not owned a Colby dog and I don't have experience but it's kno way in hell I believe Colby dogs will get the job done!!!....I've been around some good dogmen who don't come on forums at all that would laugh at u if u say this in there presence!!...matter of fact it a couple laughing now!!...douchy!..when did u take that pic of Ur dog???

18. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

No i wasn't" kidding you",matter of fact my post wasn't even directed at you.Fuck yes i can read,much better than you can spell.LMFAO ""by your standards"" maybe i should QUOTE "go BACC and read WAT u said.But there is one thing your right about i don't read your whole post, i just scan through them.The reason being, is because your post " % wise " are a conjunction of misspelled babbling,and overly abusing the punctuation system.No need to waste my valuable time on that.

19. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

My bad jameT!!...I can admit when I'm wrong!!...u werent talking to me, u were talkin in general!!..my bad!!

20. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

My spelling is wat it is!!...I'm typing like that on purpose!!..it's no mistake!..I type fast so I look for words that are short but mean the samething!!...but u do understand it!...that's all that matters