1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

No Love for Colby Dogs Anymore??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by deepsouth, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I feel ya. But you cant guarantee that. Now if you use the best past and present I think the Colby dogs can go toe to toe with any other line. If your saying just present bulldogs then you may be right. I think a good Colby dog could compliment everyones yard. Ive heard before if you cross'em with anything you get good shit. Shit when I get time and space imma buy me a few females and try it..lol

2. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Would like to cross my Eli Male with my Colby Bitch. I think that would make some solid bulldogs.

3. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I'm talking present and past!!...In anything u do you get better with time!!..bacc in the 1700's and 1800's there was no airplanes, no cars, no cable, no lights, no nothing!!..we as a human race got better with time!!...we live better now than if we haves live bacc then!!...I feel the same way about the apbt!!..they got better with time!!..that's why I say it would be hard for one to win!!!...alot of good dogmen spent their entire life bettering the breed!!....u had ppl that wanted lines better than Colby lines so the crossed lines together!!..it's noway u can tell me Colby dogs are better today than other lines!!...when u breed, you breed to have dogs better then the sire or the dam!..u breed for the better!!..and this is wat the old-timers did!...and dogmen are breeding for the better right now!!...that's just the way I feel about it!!...could be wrong but I'll go to the grave wit it!

4. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Oh yeah your right. There supposed to breed to better the breed but they bred curs and cold dogs all the time. I think somebody somewhere has Colby dogs worthy of the fastlane I just dont think they want there shit gettin out just like most good lines. Mainstream lines arent always the best in my opinion.

Dunlap im with you on that one bro..

5. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

That's one dude out of millions Sampson!!...can't base one dude against that many!..it aint happening!!...lol....I never said that there are no good Colby dogs out there!!...I never said that there are no good Colby dogs out there!!...I never said that there are no good Colby dogs out there!!...I never said that there are no good Colby
    dogs out there!!...I never said that there are no good Colby dogs out there!!...I never said that there are no good Colby dogs out there!!...I never said that there are no good Colby dogs out there!!...I never said that there are no good Colby dogs out there!!....

I'm speaking from a % wise!!

6. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Being caught up on % is foolish man. % are just that nothing more. And % can only be accurate if everyone reports to the same place. Thats what Im saying that one guy could have an amazing percent with "His" strain of Colby dogs.

7. BKNLS

BKNLS Big Dog

Man you keep bumping your gums like you really know what your talking about. And the theories you fabricate keep getting more ridiculous. Theres only one way to back up your theory 100%. No one has said anything about that shit your feeding over there, so shut the fuck up. Talk is cheap. You can say that same shit all fucking day but its how you walk that counts. Hypothetically speaking what your saying could be true but I doubt it. Shit I had some Boyles blood... :cool:

:deadhorse:

8. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Imagine that!!...even when the old sdj was out where was he then??...i haven't read every sdj but the ones I did read didn't have no Colby dogs mashing on shit!!...real talk!!.if this cat does exsist I gaurantee he's not making any noise against the big boys!!...dogs of today have wind, smarts, mouth and athletetic ability!...Colby dogs are not bringing all that to the table!!...I kno a cat in north Carolina who breeds nothing but rb/jocko dogs and strains from termite and stumpy (all of it is the same)....he respects all lines but he don't care about them!!..I guarantee I say its a cat wit a Colby dog down here talking shit he'll fly down here so fast wit a dog it will make Ur head spin!...not saying he's going to win but he fills he stock is bred better than a Colby dog so he feel his % is high on him winning!!...sampson!!...if u think % don't mean shit Ur crazy!!...ask Vegas how they are raking in billions a year!!...they will tell u of % and odds!!...I learned that from my grandad!!..he said "anything u do make sure Ur always on an even level playing fields!..always kno Ur odds and % and u will be successful in anything u do"....true shit from a wise old man and that's wat I go by and have been highly successful in anything I have done!...

9. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Roflmao!!!...here they come!!!

10. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

11. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

BKNLS....talk is cheap!!...u can pm me anytime u feel froggy!!....I want to see it anyway!!

12. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Crushbones, who are you talking about? i understand what your talking about when it comes to %.
    I believe that my dogs are great dogs but I will never know. They serve me right and they are great "pets" both my eli male and colby female.:)
    I'm not going to come on here and start saying my puppy goes after my 2 year old grown dog and doesn't stop that makes him dead game! Both my dogs are puppies and that's the way they need to be...puppies!

13. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

they are all curs.
    they arent worth a flip.
    by all means, stay away from them.
    thank you.

14. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

dont dis on colby........man, hes the begining and the end of bulldogs.......i should know i waited two years and paid $2000! :rolleyes:

My dogs so precious that i pick him up where ever he goes......damn i even kiss him before i tuck him in at night! I love him so much i give him the bed a i sleep on the floor!

:lipstickpitbullf::bow::bow::bow::bow::sucker:

15. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Vegas cheats smart one. If you dont think so YOUR CRAZY.
    About your grandad he's right but (pre 76) the playing field is even. You both get 6-8 weeks to get your dog and shape right? Now I dont care about odds because all odds were against Zebo when he went 4 lbs uphill into Ch. Greaser but did Zebo know that? Hell nah, would heave cared if he did? Hell nah. Odds only get you a predicted outcome nothing more nothing less. And the beautiful thing about predictions is at best their 50 % either way. So now how do you like your odds and % when they can be used both ways? I understand what your saying about "Pure"mColby dogs but the same can be said about any pure line. Ask the boys down south across the border I bet they tell you crosses are whats gettin it done. Its common knowledge pure Redboy is dumbgame soft mouth dogs (some of the time) Pure Eli are Hardbiting 30 minute curs (some of the time) Pure mayday are high ability game dogs who lack finish (some of the time) Colby dogs lack some of the tools needed to compete (some of the time). But look back at the others I named it looks as if they may lack some stuff too. Youcan think what you want about Colby dogs but you dont know what everyman runs and you dan sure dont know if the oldschools crossed into the colby stuff and didnt put it on paper that way. Your going against yur Grandad whether you like it or not. Your counting a whole line out and underestimating awhole line is a good way to get that ass handed to you. (pre 76)

Good post if you ever cross them far some my way...lol

Tell'em Rally more for us huh?lol
    How you been by the way?

16. HighRiskKennels

HighRiskKennels Big Dog

Lmao...This didnt turn out the way i thought it would. Colby? Only time i see or hear of the dog's is at the local trade lots...Lol. And i see that there are some dog's off of St.Benedicts Bailey. Through Colby's Fighting Rusty. Does it work? Dont know but im the gambling type also. I trust my crosses anyday.:) If you can show me any differant,please do.

17. Damn crushbones, they do have some hate for your ass on this thread! LMAO:D

18. Relax guys, you need to start a specific thread or finish this one concerning Colby dogs off of Colby's yard and then the ones not on Colby's yard. This is the conflict that I am reading, you guys are pissed off over two different ideas.

19. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Lol im not pissed bro. I havent said anything disrespectful for Crush have I? Nah our opinions just differ. It doesnt bother me any.

20. BKNLS

BKNLS Big Dog

Hey crush its all good. But what your saying is a far fetched statement. Yes I do have a Colby gyp (straight off Lou's yard), Do I run Colby blood no!! I do like how this blood crosses and thats my recipe for success. With all due respect to Mr. Colby, he has set his bloodline up to still be here for another 100yrs. There is no other breeder in the world who has the knowledge of a certain breed of dog like Lou. The Colby line is genetically designed to produce the ultimate cross. Hybrid vigor when bred to any other family of linebred dogs. Thats what its about as a breeder...creating a family of superior dogs. Sure there are those guys who are in it for the sport, and those who just like to gamble so they want what works just to win. Thats not my reason for being in the dogs, everyone has their own thing so I can respect another man's position, but the game is tarnished. Its barely ok just to have these dogs as pets anymore. But without people like Lou, hell even Cali Jack, spending a lifetime designing superior families of dogs then we are just left with scatterbred, battlebred, bloodlines that can't reproduce. Man I would love to breed my bitch to VGK Silverback...that would be a nice cross.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=368620

This was the first time Lou did a breeding like this