1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

No matter what, pit bulls are dangerous

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

[size=-1]Baxter,AR -- [/size]I know I am going to get a lot of hateful responses to this, but I feel that something must be said. Recently I read an article entitled, "Man wins fight with vicious pit bull." I don't understand why in the world anyone would want to have a dog that has the capability and biological tendency to attack people. I do think that people should have a right to have whatever animal they want in their home, but if there is any chance of that animal coming into contact with others, then it shouldn't be allowed. Dogs can get out of fencing, children can walk up to a fence that contains a vicious dog. These dogs are dangerous. Rottweilers, pit bulls, why not get a dog that isn't a danger to society? Why take a chance?

I have heard the ignorant excuse that it is "all in how you raise the dogs." This is only true to a degree. Yes, a Labrador can attack a person just as quickly as a pit bull, if it is trained in that manner. But pit bulls, Rottweilers and even Dobermans have a genetic tendency for rage and attacks. I'm not saying that all pit bulls and Rottweilers are dangerous, and I'm not saying they are the only dangerous dogs, but I can't remember the last time I heard of a cocker spaniel or a chihuahua taking off someone's face as they walked down the street.

It is a sad fact of life that the pit bull was created by mankind to kill other small animals. Like it or not, that is what the dog was bred for, and it remains the essence of the dog. Any one pit bull might be sweet to its owner, but is still "hard-wired" to kill other small animals.

For that reason, pit bulls are dangerous to people because they have the in-born propensity to attack other people's pets, which often results in a redirected attack against the other people, or a bite to another person.

You wouldn't let a great white shark in a swimming pool, regardless of how "friendly" it is, so why would you want these dogs roaming the streets?

Personally, I feel that these dangerous breeds should breed out and become extinct.

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070208/OPINION01/702080333/1014/OPINION

2. Jake01

Jake01 Big Dog

Who is this Baxter Reoprt guy and where does he get his lame information? What research did he do to come up with such cockamaymy results? Just another lame opinion from a government sheep that has fallen into the medias trap of lies and deception. BAAAA! I say BAAA! I say we ban chihuahua's or cocker spaniels. I have been bitten by both of those. Where was my media coverage?

3. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Agreed, except for the banning Chihuahuas, I happen to like mine...LOL!

4. Attila

Attila Guest

Yah I would like a name. He lives in Arkansas so I can pay him a visit sometime.

5. Jake01

Jake01 Big Dog

Good, smack him upside his opinionated head for me.

6. Attila

Attila Guest

Yah with a ball bat. plink. lol

7. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i didnt even send a comment because his lack of knowledge pisses me off and i dont want to go off on him and make the owners of these dogs look bad.

i try to keep my mouth shut alot because if i write and say "you fu*king idiot, f*ck you , you ...blah blah" it just makes us look bad

8. Attila

Attila Guest

got the bitches name- Rachel Osborne and she lives in Mountain Home Arkansas.

so who wants to go for a ride with me? lol there are allot of city folk living here it is a tourest trap with old hippies. So liberal the shit yellow.

9. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

10. LOL.....LMFAO right now...boy do I feel stupid. I thought these words were coming out of Marty's mouth.....OMG then I saw the link........like light at the end of a tunnel....sorry Marty for even considering such a thought!

Ok not back to the real world, I too want to know who this is and I WILL leave my comment!

11. Suki

Suki Guest

I would personally like to see the research that this:"But pit bulls, Rottweilers and even Dobermans have a genetic tendency for rage and attacks.

comes from, .....

another stupid, one-sided, idiotic article!!!!
    (need a barf icon on here)

12. Ok, I did it, but it said it would 5 minutes before it was posted?
    Anyways....stupid people!

13. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Oh, come on guys! She's simply asking us why anyone would want to own a working dog! She just needs to be educated on why generations and generations of brilliant human beings spent decades to centuries investing their time and money into creating/preserving these awesome breeds. She just needs to understand why some people like to own animals that are functional, beyond just warming our laps and needing us. By the way, the last bite report I read, cocker spaniels are the #1 breed on the list.

True canine fanciers prefer what I refer to as "advanced" breeds. Like, if you were into cars, appreciatted the designs and mechanics behind them, you would eventually want to get yourself a nice machine... of course, IMO dogs are even more functional than autos.

She would know this if she knew anything about dogs. Even pomeranian-loving show-dog-people understand and appreciate working lines.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2007
  14. sounds pretty direct to me!

15. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

lol, what a comparison! except great whites wheren't selectively breed for decades-centuries. They don't sniff out bombs, hunt for us, work side by side with the military or police, etc, etc...

16. LOL...I was speaking of this more than anything....sorry I should have made that more clear...it sounds as though she has her mind made up already, and nothing but nothing will change it.

17. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Yeah, but that's only because she's ignorant. She doesn't understand why anyone would want to own an "advanced" breed. People can always change... just being hopeful, and I think if most people were approached right they would listen to reason.

ABK likes this.
  18. Pantera

Pantera Pup

Awwwww That is so sad..... I happen to love my dogs very much!!!! Does this person not realize these are loved pets too???

19. You nailed it when you said ignorant...........yes it comes from the world being so shallow, and narrow minded. I used to be hopeful, but it is hard anymore. Some people would/do listen to reason, I know I have talked to a few people about pit bulls, when they thoguht OMG....those mean vicious dogs, you have them things? Then when you teach them, they understand, you show them pics and they see. But some just already have their little ignorant minds made up, and are not willing to listen to any kind of reasoning. it is sad, but it is unfortunately true.

20. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Well, duh! Of course Pit Bulls are the only attacks you "hear" about!! The news does not report other breeds because to them it's not news worthy. How long is it going to take for people to realize just how biasd the news is, and just how brainwashed they actually are?