1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Obama endorses UN Arms Trade Treaty: Massive gun control effort underway

Discussion in 'Controversial and Heated Debate' started by Lee D, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

Obama endorses UN Arms Trade Treaty: Massive gun control effort underway

Kevin Danielsen November 10, 2012 11:52 am

[​IMG]
    It didn’t take but mere hours from Barack Obama’s victory speech, as the confetti was still being swept off the floor, for the reelected President to make a late night phone call giving a full and hearty endorsement of the UN Arms Trade Treaty. Reuters reports that the backdoor gun control conversation, which was shot down earlier this year, is about to make a grand comeback at the UN. It is fully expected to pass:​
    Hours after U.S. President Barack Obama was re-elected, the United States backed a U.N. committee’s call on Wednesday to renew debate over a draft international treaty to regulate the $70 billion global conventional arms trade.
    Naysayers simply state that the UN Arms Trade Treaty has more to do with controlling the flow of guns into rogue, third-world nations, than restricting the 2nd Amendment. However, that doesn’t appear to be the language in the last draft. The New American writes:

Section III, Paragraphs 7 and 8 of the Programme of Action mandate that if a member state cannot get rid of privately-owned small arms legislatively, then the control of “customs, police, intelligence, and arms control” will be placed under the power of a board of UN bureaucrats operating out of the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs.
    Obviously, the Obama administration is just itching to pass this monstrosity through the UN. Once that happens, the UN itself says that they are mandated to take control of ‘customs, police, intelligence, and arms control’. Who do you think will not comply with this treaty in any form? The states and the citizenry.
    In addition, The New American has an interesting analysis on another part of the treaty, which says that it is the responsibility for the member state to use gun sniffing technologies; technologies that the DHS has already unveiled:
    In order to assist these blue-helmets and their disarmament overlords in their search and seizure of this ammunition, Section III, Paragraph 10 mandates that member states develop technology to improve the UN’s ability to detect stockpiles of ammo and arms.
    This brings to mind the imminent deployment by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) of portable invisible lasers developed by Genia Laboratories (a company created by CIA offshoot In-Q-Tel) that can detect even trace amounts of gun powder from over 50 yards away. The laser reportedly can penetrate walls, glass, and metal. DHS is scheduled to take possession of the devices later this month, according to testimony presented on Capitol Hill late last year.
    Perhaps the most interesting part about The New American’s analysis is that the ‘shot heard round the world’, the battle that began the American War for Independence, was begun when a government power from overseas decided that it was a good idea to go after a stockpile of arms. That didn’t turn out so well for the power from overseas, and ultimately, American independence was won from the war that followed

2. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

We must leave the UN.

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Obama endorsing gun control,WOW caught me off guard,lol America screwed itself this election,we had Obama and a liberal republican to pick from.300 million Americans and this is the best to pick from :-( Now Obama has 4 years of doing whatever he can and not worrying about reelection.

4. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

He's a Communitarian.. so he says. Thats a soft communist if you don't know......... Just wait and see............

5. WWII

WWII Banned

...Yawn....

I don't like Obama's political stances.
    I don't like the UN.

But, the man did expand gun rights to allow us to carry concealed weapons in national parks. The aforementioned treaty isn't going to restrict private ownership in the USA.
    Arms Trade Treaty

6. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

In the end when all you fuckers start shooting each other your principles or your prerogatives or your whatever you want to call them will be the farthest thing you are thinking about when you are blowing up a head with a rifle shot and conversly you are being sliced in half by automatic gunfire. Have fun imagining that you will be on the winning side of things, ie. that you will live through it if it ever happens.

7. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

You are correct!

8. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

yeah here in oklahoma the just passed open carry law. give the man a break were not going to have our guns taken away.

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you are a fool...he is one of the most anti-gun politicians this country has ever seen. read the following quote and tell me what you think his agenda is...

“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.
    “But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/obama-calls-for-renewal-of-assault-weapons-ban/

10. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

Obama's gun-control history in the Illinois Senate

While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote checks for tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations

Tuesday, October 14, 2008
    By Rich Pearson
    digg

For the past 15 years, I have served in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle Association.

I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that experience, I know Obama's attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be told, in all my years in the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than does Barack Obama.

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his voting record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners to forcibly confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also voted for a bill that would prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.

Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the law abiding firearm owner. At the same time, Obama has proven himself to be a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator, Obama voted 4 times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of home and family.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a "friend" of the law-abiding gun owner?

And speaking of friends, you can always tell a person by the company they keep. Obama counts among his friends the Rev. Michael Pfleger - a renegade Chicago priest who has openly called for the murder of gun shop owners and pro-gun legislators. Then there is his buddy Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago who has declared that if it were up to him, nobody would be allowed to own a gun. And let's not forget Obama's pal George Soros - the guy who has pumped millions of dollars into the UN's international effort to disarm law-abiding citizens.

Obama has shown that he is more than willing to use other people's money to fund his campaign to take your guns away from you. While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote checks for tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a "friend" of the law-abiding gun owner?

By now, I'm sure that many of you have received mailings from an organization called "American Hunters and Shooters Association(AHSA)" talking about what a swell fellow Obama is and how he honors the 2nd Amendment and how you will never have to worry about Obama coming to take your guns. Let me make it perfectly clear - everything the AHSA says about Obama is pure hogwash. The AHSA is headed by a group of left-wing elitists who subscribe to the British view of hunting and shooting. That is, a state of affairs where hunting and shooting are reserved for the wealthy upper-crust who can afford guided hunts on exclusive private reserves. The AHSA is not your friend, never will be.

In closing, I'd like to remind you that I'm a guy who has actually gone nose to nose with Obama on gun rights issues. The Obama I know cannot even begin to identify with this nation's outdoor traditions. The Obama I know sees you, the law abiding gun owner, as nothing but a low-class lummox who is easily swayed by the flash of a smile and a ration of rosy rhetoric. The Obama I know is a stony-faced liar who has honed his skill at getting what he wants - so long as people are willing to give it to him.

That's the Barack Obama I know.

Rich Pearson served for the past 15 years in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle Association.

The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author only, not of Spero News.

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you sound as if you think this whole county is inner city chicago.

12. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I remember hearing him say that on TV,he absolutely does not support our right to firearms.He not only is against AK47's but cheaper handguns as well.And IMHO if he could have 100% his way,we wouldn't have guns at all. This is his last term so gun owners better watch out.

They may well have passed that but no credit to Obama,Oklahoma is a midwest,primarily conservative state,so that was to be expected.Like when Clinton signed off on the 10 round magazine limits and assault rifle bans,OK will have to comply too if such BS laws are reinstated. It amazes me how anyone that supports our rights to have firearms can support Barrack Obama.I think it pathetic the Republican party couldn't put up a better candidate than Romney (really a Democrat running under the guise of a Republican) but unless someone supported gun bans and gay marriage,I couldn't in good conscience vote for Obama. But we have 4 more years to endure,let's see how it plays out.

13. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I can't tell you I'd live through it or not but it won't be for lack of trying. I won't just roll over and die that easy.

14. WWII

WWII Banned

He said that military type rifles should be banned, but that they are not the ones doing the killings. He stated that it was the cheap hand guns doing the killings in his home state. He might be anti-gun, but it takes more than the president to ban firearms. He isn't going to make it a #1 priority. I don't even think it will be anywhere near the top, considering what he has on his plate right now. Like I said before, I don't like the man's policies, BUT he did enact a federal law that allows us to carry weapons into national parks. This is not the action of someone out to ban guns.

[​IMG]

15. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I know he said it was the cheap handguns,probably talking about the drug dealer on the corner with his Jennings .25 auto held sideways in the gansta position,lol But he did state "military type firearms "should be banned. That there is reason enough for me to not support him.As that's probably most of what I own,he would like to see banned.I also believe in the right to own military type firearms,just because it's now possible to CC in a state park doesn't mean much to me because it should be legal to carry everywhere. That was just one teeny,tiny step in a direction we should already be at. If given the choice,he will ban the AR's and AK's and probably have some sort of magazine restriction again. But like you said he can't ban them alone,hopefully he will not have enough support to get his agendas accomplished.

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

my comp. is down, so i wont be on much until i get another (hopefully a couple weeks...Christmas wiped out my bank account) but i thought id chime in just to say
    I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

18. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Only way they get my guns is pry them from my cold dead hands....

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Alabama new gun law passed.We can carry them now in a public building as long as you got the permit and yes loaded.Dodge City baby..jk everyone was already doin it

20. Gamo

Gamo Pup

This same Obama?

Attached Files: