1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Obama Praises Michael Vick's Second Chance; Inappropriate?

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Obama Praises Michael Vick's Second Chance; Inappropriate?

Video by Mark Berman Opposing Views
    (1 Hour Ago) in Sports

In a phone call to the owner of the Philadelphia Eagles, President Obama praised the team for giving quarterback Michael Vick a second chance following his prison term for dogfighting. Was this inappropriate? A Fox News panel discusses:

View video at link:

Opposing Views: Obama Praises Michael Vick's Second Chance; Inappropriate?

2. elibred

elibred Big Dog

with that said i wont even give the vid a try lol

3. I agree!Anything on the news is "spun" to their advantage.Always was and always will be.When you "own" the information,you can always tell it as you see fit! There's someone one this site who keeps putting up threads on so called "Pitbull abuse." Makes me wonder who's side they're on! FRIEND

4. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

The only thing I have to say is a lot of people are making money off of Vick. The ones who hate him the most even more

5. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

If only the Eagles could win the super bowl. I'd be grinning for a year. These dumbassed whiners need to stop and ask where the real motivation for all the hate and anger comes from. Did his crime...did his time....move the hell on....he sure as shit has.

6. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

The only issue I have with Michael Vick was him admitting to hanging and electrocuting dogs. I got kicked off of the ROM site years ago for saying the same thing. I could care less who disagrees with me, that is just NOT the way to cull. With that said, I don't see why anybody would think it innappropriate for the President to comment on the Eagles giving Vick a second chance. The man did his time and by all accounts has done everything right since leaving jail. In addition, you only have to watch a little to see that he is a better player and teammate. In interviews he talks about team first and he said all the right things as the back-up quarterback. He was not like that before going to prison. Not to mention the numbers he has put up on the field this year. The guy always had the tools to be the best player in the NFL, he just didn't have the right approach or work ethic. It sucks the hit he had to take, but I think it helped him in the long run. The Eagles should be commended for taking that risk and giving him a second chance. But at the same time they had to see the potential and realize it as a good business decision. I doubt they saw him as their starting QB but if he stayed clean they knew there would be a trade value at some time.

7. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

So culling is illegal? But I do think he is a good QB people need to get over it and I hope the would go all the way to shut people up but on another note as a person he was not the sharpest tool in the box can't even trust family they through him under he bus and took all the blame it started as a traffic violation with a lil weed then turned into something big and almost took down the kennel he got his dogs from

8. rocco

rocco Big Dog

I was wondering when this was gonna hit the forum..lol The guy is awesome had some fukd up fam n friends..But the pres praises the man!!!! LMAO let the man live. Haters

9. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

if i sold a pup and pup turned out to be a curr and man hanged it or electrocuted the dogs to death..i think the man will be in trouble with me. i dont care what people say, an old timer who works his dogs said to me when u cull a dog u gotta respect it, go behind it and cull it from there dont stand in front of it.

10. Who gives a shit what Obama says. I was never dumb enough to listen to any of his babble before. I sure as hell am not going to start now. LOL

11. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I will tell everyone once again why I say "f@€k Vick". It is reall simple, but people and their hero worship cloud the issue. Do your time and shut up. Do not run around helping the animal rights groups by spreading their bull every chance you get to whoever will listen. He basically sold out not only himself, but anybody risking their ass by just feeding a few dogs. How many raids has he helped sponsor since he has gotten out, but damn he sure can run fast and throw a ball far. So who cares he has swapped sides. Have all of you cheering him on not seen him speaking with that HSUS poster in the background? Remind me to stay away from y'all. Because if you are cheering Vick no telling what other poor judgements in character y'all are making.

12. akcbr954

akcbr954 Big Dog

^^^ so he should not abide by his parole restrictions so he can what... keep u happy?

13. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

There are many causes he could put his name behind that do not involve the hsus. I am pretty sure his parole does not require him to help advance animal rights agendas. He chose this route to regain his fame and fortune as quick as possible and he is doing it on dogmen's ruined lives.

14. elibred

elibred Big Dog

well if the law and the hsus had you hanging upside down by the nutts, with your career in the balance and the second chance to make millions all over again. i would hope anyone with good sense would play the role and take care of home which is what he is doing.

15. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Sounds like the same excuse 5000$ snitches use to justify snitching. If you will sell out for millions given time you will sell out for two dollars and a cigarette. There are a few things I put before money like honor, integrity and respect. There have been many a person in the same situation that did not swap teams like Vick. I am starting to wonder about all the Vick supporters. What is your price tag? I would rather be poor than a rich man bending over for the likes of Goodwin and Co.

16. elibred

elibred Big Dog

vick is the one who got sold out he's the one who had to do the time and lose it all. and you can talk that high and mighty shit but if you ever find yourself sittin in the interrogation room lookin at big fed time i bet you shape up quick. stop snitchin huh i dont care who it is when that time get in front yo ass you snitchin. honor and integrity only exists to ones self that shit dont make a damn in real life fend for yaself not for ya boys ya know. especially when everybody doin dirt.

17. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

agree 100%

18. benthere

vick never was a dogman, just a rich wannabe.

19. benthere

as with the last big dog bust summer 2008. there are men doing hard time and there are men and women walking around free. i suppose you side with the snitches who are walking around free??
    those same snitches are showing up at dog shows wearing wires and talking in front of grand juries now.

20. scooter

scooter Big Dog

I'm just a chick and I'm sure nobody cares what I think, but I respect these dogs enough to know how to cull them. What they did was bullshit to make themselves look big and bad. A well placed .22 will do the job with respect and without gore and malice to impress some other wannabe.
    Who has heard of one of his dogs that did anything worthwhile? They were wealthy thugs, no more, no less.
    They were playing at being big dogmen and didn't know squat. With the money he had, he should have had a top rate yard with top rate dogs. His yard boy should have been making what most of us make in 6 months.
    With all his money, he and his gang were no better than the gunpowder feeding idiots in the hood with 10 dogs in a freaking basement piled up on top of each other in little bitty crates. A dogman? Not hardly.
    He is a talented athlete. Ok. He served his time now let him go play with his balls. Did he roll over? Hell yeah. The man curred.